#1 Max

Max

The Go-To Guy

• Admin
  • 1,388 posts
  • Covers:35049

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

Guys,
First off, I'll like to apologize for the recent downtime/instability. Its Tweetybird's and Tim's fault but I'll take the blame. :)

Its 5:36 AM my time and I'll like to get some rest. Therefore, this wouldn't be too detailed.

You'll notice that some parts of the site may not be normal. For example, a few non-essential things on the forums have been temporarily disabled.

The site is now stable again and I'm looking for more bugs.

You can upload via this link now: http://monster.freecovers.net/upload

After a few hours, I'll get more info to you.

I really appreciate those that have been patient and somewhat understanding. I'm truly grateful.

Sincerely,
Max

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

#2 mahoney19

mahoney19

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

Rock on Max, love this site and will start paying again soon as finances improve.

#3 nosidam

nosidam

Advanced Member

• Elite Member
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Garden & My Pet Dogs
    Both Cocker Spanials
  • Covers:1076

• Rank (last 60 days):
    3rd in DVD Movie
    4th in HD-DVD Movie

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Thanks Max. to you and all the team for all youre hard work.
You will be making a lot of people happy now. Cheers fur noo

#4 Covergal

Covergal

Advanced Member

• 342 posts
  • Interests:Reading, tv, films and writing novels and poems. Building and fixing computers.
  • Covers:1153

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

Just been checking it out.. please do not upload anything yet as there are no moderating options and everything will just sit.. when that part is being fixed we may lose what is there which means you would have to upload again.. x

What goes around comes around

#5 nosidam

nosidam

Advanced Member

• Elite Member
  • 310 posts
    Both Cocker Spanials

• Rank (last 60 days):
    3rd in DVD Movie
    4th in HD-DVD Movie

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

Just been checking it out.. please do not upload anything yet as there are no moderating options and everything will just sit.. when that part is being fixed we may lose what is there which means you would have to upload again.. x

Sory about that cover but I have put some in. If they are lost can do it again. No more till everything is OK.
Cheers fur noo

#6 eckb

eckb

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Covers:10

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Well done to Max and all the persons involved in the upkeep of the site again well done.

#7 Hapkidomeister

Hapkidomeister

• Gold Member
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Fine Woodworking, reading, horses
  • Covers:394

• Rank (last 60 days):
    21st in DVD Movie

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Unfortunately, despite the lack of moderation of uploaded covers, the Upload function is not working, at least for me @ 10:56 AM EST, 11/4/2012.

The error given is:

mySQL query error: INSERT INTO ibf_covers (id, name, category, front, back, cd, cd2, cd3, cd4, inside, inlay, added, userid, hidden, member_id) VALUES ("f0c4cd9bcb773faac3d2bef420615c16", ""Key" (2011) R0 CUSTOM", "1", "1", "", "1", "", "", "", "", "", NOW(), "Hapkidomeister", "1", "589002")
mySQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Key" (2011) R0 CUSTOM", "1", "1", "", "1", "", "", "", "", "", NOW(), "Hapkidome' at line 1
mySQL error code:
Date: Sunday 04th 2012f November 2012 03:53:41 PM
Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

#8 Max

Max

The Go-To Guy

• Admin
  • 1,388 posts
  • Covers:35049

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

Unfortunately, despite the lack of moderation of uploaded covers, the Upload function is not working, at least for me @ 10:56 AM EST, 11/4/2012.

The error given is:

mySQL query error: INSERT INTO ibf_covers (id, name, category, front, back, cd, cd2, cd3, cd4, inside, inlay, added, userid, hidden, member_id) VALUES ("f0c4cd9bcb773faac3d2bef420615c16", ""Key" (2011) R0 CUSTOM", "1", "1", "", "1", "", "", "", "", "", NOW(), "Hapkidomeister", "1", "589002")
mySQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Key" (2011) R0 CUSTOM", "1", "1", "", "1", "", "", "", "", "", NOW(), "Hapkidome' at line 1
mySQL error code:
Date: Sunday 04th 2012f November 2012 03:53:41 PM

Have you retried?

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

#9 Malcolm Jackson

Malcolm Jackson

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 3 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

I am so, so pleased. Please don't go away again. Many thanks to all concerned in the construction and maintenance of this site.

#10 calvados

calvados

Calvados

• Gold Member
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:M.G. Cars, Steam Trains, Garden Railways, Archery and of course good movies.
  • Covers:347

• Rank (last 60 days):
    16th in TV Series

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Thank's Max, I am sure it was a lot of trouble to sort things out. I really hope you don't get any hate mail. If you do rest assured most people are grateful for your efforts.
Calvados

#11 meddi

meddi

elite member

• Elite Member
  • 578 posts
  • Interests:creating custom dvd covers.
  • Covers:1198

• Rank (last 60 days):
    22nd in DVD Movie
    54th in TV Series

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

Max thank you for getting the site up and running,i am sure that the hardcore users of this site will appreciate what you have done and will continue to use the site for their needs.needles to say that patience shown by all will be rewarded and the site`s popularity will continue to increase.
if you don`t leave,you will never come back again

#12 Hapkidomeister

Hapkidomeister

• Gold Member
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Fine Woodworking, reading, horses
  • Covers:394

• Rank (last 60 days):
    21st in DVD Movie

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Have you retried?

After reading your reply, I tried again and got the same error, unfortunately... 11/5/2012 @ 8:54 AM EST.

I just tried uploading 6 different covers/labels and they all succeeded. But that one "Key" (cover & label) always fails.

FIXED: The problem was my fault. I realized that I had put the title "Key" in quotes and removing the quotes resolved the error. Sorry for my ineptness on this one. Posted Image
Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

#13 Guest_r road men_*

Guest_r road men_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

Guys,
First off, I'll like to apologize for the recent downtime/instability. Its Tweetybird's and Tim's fault but I'll take the blame. :)

Its 5:36 AM my time and I'll like to get some rest. Therefore, this wouldn't be too detailed.

You'll notice that some parts of the site may not be normal. For example, a few non-essential things on the forums have been temporarily disabled.

The site is now stable again and I'm looking for more bugs.

You can upload via this link now: http://monster.freecovers.net/upload

After a few hours, I'll get more info to you.

I really appreciate those that have been patient and somewhat understanding. I'm truly grateful.

Sincerely,
Max

gracias max eres el unico

#14 tinkywinkywoo

tinkywinkywoo

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 25 posts
  • Covers:127

• Rank (last 60 days):
    49th in DVD Movie

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

any more news ??

#15 propylaen2001

propylaen2001

Advanced Member

• Elite Member
  • 69 posts
  • Covers:17720

• Rank (last 60 days):
    7th in Music CD
    7th in Music DVD
    6th in Other

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

Good news, Max, been waiting for this. I will try to upload some stuff tonight.

#16 Covergal

Covergal

Advanced Member

• 342 posts
  • Interests:Reading, tv, films and writing novels and poems. Building and fixing computers.
  • Covers:1153

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

still cannot do anything with covers, have not been able to since 7th October.. all i can see is the approval count increase.. Please guys do NOT up any until its working 100% - it is a waste of time

What goes around comes around

#17 Murphy041270

Murphy041270

Super MOD

• 6,988 posts
  • Interests:Football and Reading books
  • Covers:34

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

still cannot do anything with covers, have not been able to since 7th October.. all i can see is the approval count increase.. Please guys do NOT up any until its working 100% - it is a waste of time

Max said he is working on that next :)

#18 nosidam

nosidam

Advanced Member

• Elite Member
  • 310 posts
    Both Cocker Spanials

• Rank (last 60 days):
    3rd in DVD Movie
    4th in HD-DVD Movie

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

Max said he is working on that next :)

I will be getting a row from Covergal cause I put another couple in today. but don't tell her.

#19 tweetybird

tweetybird

Barbie Girl MOD

• Admin
  • 6,292 posts
  • Interests:My Grandchildren
  • Covers:6834

• Rank (last 60 days):
    33rd in Blu-Ray Movie
    10th in DVD Movie
    70th in Music CD
    7th in Playstation 3
    17th in TV Series
    4th in Wii

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

We (The Moderating Team) are still unable to approve any covers at this time. And when we are able to do so soon (I hope) - we currently have over 2,000 covers to wade through - and that number will go up as time goes by. It WILL take awhile to go over that many covers - because We (The Moderating Team) do have separate lives from FreeCovers.net - believe it or not but YES it is TRUE!!! The covers - when We are able to approve again - will be taken care of in the order in which they were uploaded.

I can already see one complaint about the approvals taking too long - so PLEASE feel free to complain some more - 'cause I'm taking names - and those names are going to the back of the line.
"Ain't I a wittle stinker?"

#20 Murphy041270

Murphy041270

Super MOD

• 6,988 posts
  • Interests:Football and Reading books
  • Covers:34

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

I will be getting a row from Covergal cause I put another couple in today. but don't tell her.

Don't worry about that, She won't know lol