11 replies to this topic

#1 Subtitlefinder

Subtitlefinder

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 22 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:13 AM

Which are better for movie dvds ? I seen a few pictures but can't decide. Seems like almost that silver would seem and look more professional.

#2 sb4100

sb4100

Sb4100

• Elite Member
  • 6,533 posts
  • Interests:Many Interests
  • Covers:30890

• Rank (last 60 days):
    2nd in Anime DVD
    2nd in DVD Movie
    4th in HD-DVD Movie
    2nd in Music DVD
    19th in Other Console
    3rd in Playstation 3
    2nd in TV Series
    19th in VCD

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:03 AM

White as it shows more better. as the silver dont go down well

#3 turbopaws

turbopaws

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 85 posts
  • Covers:17

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE(sb4100 @ Mar 3 2008, 01:03 AM)
White as it shows more better. as the silver dont go down well

View Post

Yeah i agree.Although the silver ones do look pretty good,some of the colours don't reproduce correctly on the disc so if you print a label that includes a picture it sometimes looks kinda strange.

#4 meddi

meddi

elite member

• Elite Member
  • 604 posts
  • Interests:creating custom dvd covers.
  • Covers:1246

• Rank (last 60 days):
    22nd in DVD Movie
    54th in TV Series

Posted 29 March 2008 - 09:22 PM

i have discs printed on both formats and both have their unique distinctions.It is better for subtitlefinder to print on both discs and decide which is better for his tastes,I like the silver as the print is deeper,and the white is a bit flat.But the silver disc tends to remain sticky so requiers carefull handling.the only problem would be,that when you need something it is always out of stock,and therefore have to stick to the most popular,i.e. the white discs. biggrin.gif
if you don`t leave,you will never come back again

#5 lucan07

lucan07

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Covers:11

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:40 AM

taz.gif Silver everytime its like anything else you adjust the print density for best results, after a while it comes naturally. thumbup1.gif
Bird with no beak was born to succeed!

#6 whelk2008

whelk2008

Rookie

• 10 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1, All 2-wheel and 4-wheel motor racing (except NASCAR!), Rock, Folk and Blues music, Reading (audio and paper books), Astronomy, Hang Gliding, SCUBA diving, Food and Drink, IT

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:44 AM

Silver wins hands down... beautiful, clear and "glowing" colours. I leave mine for a couple of hours to dry and then spray them with clear quick-dry varnish to make them waterproof, otherwise I find the colours run if the disk gets wet at any time.
user posted image

#7 hibee

hibee

The true hibee on freecovers

• Elite Member
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:Downloading & Uploading & making covers
  • Covers:6676

• Rank (last 60 days):
    31st in Music CD
    5th in Playstation 2
    12th in Playstation 3

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:36 PM

Stick to white as it will show all the details in the picture.Silver is nice if you want a shinny pic but you never get all the details of the picture shown.

#8 tuyetnhi524

tuyetnhi524

Rookie

• 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:47 AM

white it looks way better when printed

#9 nosidam

nosidam

Advanced Member

• Elite Member
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Garden & My Pet Dogs
    Both Cocker Spanials
  • Covers:1076

• Rank (last 60 days):
    3rd in DVD Movie
    4th in HD-DVD Movie

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

White full face, thats the way I like them

#10 davy04

davy04

Rookie

• 18 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

not tried the silver on the dvds yet white for me looks better although have done some silver with my cds and have a very professional look to them maybe worth a go on the dvds .

#11 DietPepsi

DietPepsi

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Covers:1

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:42 PM

I've used both and found the silver present a more professional looking product. As for the time required for the ink to dry, I've found that varies depending on the type of printer you use. I used to use Epson printers and found that it took quite a while for the ink to dry, especially if I was not using Epson ink. I have now switched to Canon printers because the life span of the Epson printers was so short. One advantage I found with the switch was that the Canon printer includes a drying cycle  with the print, so that when the disc comes out of the printer the ink is already dry (even when using generic cartridges.) This produces a crisp, professional looking disc using less ink than with the Epson printer, dries faster, and doesn't have the "cartoonish" quality of a white disc.

#12 eitltd

eitltd

• Gold Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:01 PM

What Canon are you using? When I tried Canon, the software was terrible and the printing process was really awkward. I'd be interested to try it again if you could recommend a good one. Does it have a built-in tray, or do you have to use a slide-in tray. If you were using non-epson cartridges in your Epson, that would explain your short life span. I learned that the hard way. I'm still using an old Artisan 725 and a Stylus 280 which I've had for years with no issues at all.