173 replies to this topic

#21 custommade61

custommade61

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 5 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

So your making it easier for people to download(steal) and re-upload our Cd labels to another site as their own? Total disagree with this rule. 1. A the end of the day people who do custom covers use the square background totag their work, in ordere to prevent what i just mentioned. 2. The background of a CD label is never printed, its automatically cropped as soon as you load it into your printer software. I say allow the squared CD label uploads.

#22 custommade61

custommade61

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

Pacasa 3 works for me!!!

#23 lazydeeds

lazydeeds

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

Thanks to all your hard work and effort.

#24 ringdown

ringdown

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Fishing and my beloved DVD Collection
  • Covers:123

• Rank (last 60 days):
    69th in DVD Movie

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

I hope that those who upload other people's covers also are cracked down on. I have noticed an example this evening. One of the better quality scans done by someone who always uploads really great Hi Resolution scans was uploaded under their name making it look as though it was their own scan. I was after a cover for "30 Minutes or Less" and noticed soemthing that I relate to the actual person who uploads scans done in their own way so I was extremely inquisitive when I saw a different name as the uploader.

This annoys me because I would dearly love to upload more of my own covers to the site but am currently having problems doing so. Why should someone get credit for a cover done someone else?

Anyway I have had my say and must also pass on my thanks to all you guys and girls for running such an excellent site. Keep up the great work as it is really appreciated by me and everyone else out here in Cyberworld.

#25 tweetybird

tweetybird

Barbie Girl MOD

• Elite Member
  • 6,292 posts
  • Interests:My Grandchildren
  • Covers:6834

• Rank (last 60 days):
    33rd in Blu-Ray Movie
    10th in DVD Movie
    70th in Music CD
    7th in Playstation 3
    17th in TV Series
    4th in Wii

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

If it is not reported - we can not know. We try to believe that what people upload is their own to upload. For those of us moderators who are more diligent when it comes to approving covers - sometimes 'catch' the duplicate uploads and can keep them off site.
"Ain't I a wittle stinker?"

#26 Guest_ArdithF_*

Guest_ArdithF_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

HELP,

I've forgotten my password & the Forgotten Password process is not working!

#27 Guest_Derique_*

Guest_Derique_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

We are still hashing over the pixel portion of the uploads - but many of us feel that a 300dpi covers should have at least 1MB in pixelation to be considered near quality. Usually anything under that is basically a high-quality cover downloaded at the 'compressed' level - losing a lot of its quality in the process. This will also be a way for us to 'weed out' more of the crap covers being uploaded.

Thank You Michael - We do appreciate your very nice High-Quality German covers that you have always given us here at FreeCovers. :clap: Posted Image :clap: Posted Image

From my understanding -- 72 ppi is for web based images and 300 ppi is the norm for print. Sounds like the right call...

#28 shimdoo2

shimdoo2

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:53 AM

why it wont zoom up?

#29 amirnet

amirnet

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:29 AM

TO ALL FreeCovers Uploaders:

The staff is currently reworking our Uploading Rules and they WILL affect ALL the uploaders. We will be introducing new size requirements and really cracking down on current rules - as we have been slacking.

The NEW MINIMUM ALLOWABLE size for ALL uploads WILL be 200dpi - but the standard we would like to see is 300dpi. There is really NO reason for any uploads to be over 300pdi.

For ALL standard Clamshell cases for DVD Movies, Music DVD, Anime, HD (if we get any more), TV Series, GameCube, PC Apps & Games, PS1, PS2, XBox & XBox360:
200dpi - 2160 x 1450
300dpi - 3240 x 2175

For Blu-Ray:
200dpi - 2075 x 1160
300dpi - 3115 x 1745

For PS3:
200dpi - 2145 x 1170
300dpi - 3220 x 1760

PSP (Playstation Portable):
200dpi - 1645 x 1320
300dpi - 2470 x 1980

Nintendo Wii:
200dpi - 2150 x 1435
300dpi - 3225 x 2155

NintendoDS:
200dpi - 2140 x 910
300dpi - 3210 x 1370

VHS:
200dpi - 2020 x 1560
300dpi - 3030 x 2340

All standard Jewel cases for Music CD, PC Apps & Games, Playstation and VCD - along with CD & DVD Labels:
200dpi - 840 x 840
300dpi - 1260 x 1260

The current rules that we have had for many years WILL be enforced to the fullest.

ALL covers WILL be presented in the landscape format - any covers uploaded in the portrait format will automatically be denied.

ALL covers will be straight - if the cover is crocked to a noticeable degree it will automatically be denied.

ALL spines must be flattened at flat as you can - ANY covers with noticeably creased spines will automatically be denied.

ALL covers must be closely and neatly cropped. If a cover is too under or overly cropped - they will automatically be denied.

ALL custom covers MUST be denoted as CUSTOM. ALSO note for CUSTOM labels - ALL CUSTOM DISC LABELS ARE TO BE ROUND - we will no longer accept a SQUARE label - as discs are round - this is not an unusual request.

ALL Non-English language covers NEED to be identified - if none of the staff can identify the language of the cover - it will be denied.

When titling any upload - PLEASE do not use ALL-CAPS. PLEASE use both Upper and lower case letters. For movie covers - PLEASE include the Title, Year, Language (ONLY when Non-English) and Region Code. It is the uploaders responsibility to correctly title their uploads to be site ready - not the staffs - we are spending way too time editing titles before we can approve the covers.

Uploaders need to keep a tab on their PMs (Personal Messages) - as if and when we have an issue with your uploads - we will PM you and explain the issue. If we have to PM an uploader 3 times for the SAME infraction - and they continue doing that same infraction - their incorrect uploads will automatically be denied.

We do allow tagging covers here - but PLEASE keep the tags small, unobtrusive to the cover design and kept to the backs of the covers. NO large stickers, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, watermarks or the words 'copyright materials' are allowed on the fronts or backs of ANY covers. User names are OK but only on the backs - and they are to be kept small and unobtrusive. NO tags are allowed at all on the 'printable' portion of the CD or Disc labels - PLEASE keep the tag to the corners. If it gets to where we run into a problem with excessive tagging - then tagging will no longer be allowed on this site.

AS this is kinda a 'Heads Up' for ALL you uploaders - you might want to get started working with the new size allowable.

ANY and ALL suggestions from uploaders are appreciated - as we get closer to hammering out our new uploading rules.

Thank You
The FreeCovers Moderating Team smile.gif

#30 amirnet

amirnet

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:29 AM

TO ALL FreeCovers Uploaders:

The staff is currently reworking our Uploading Rules and they WILL affect ALL the uploaders. We will be introducing new size requirements and really cracking down on current rules - as we have been slacking.

The NEW MINIMUM ALLOWABLE size for ALL uploads WILL be 200dpi - but the standard we would like to see is 300dpi. There is really NO reason for any uploads to be over 300pdi.

For ALL standard Clamshell cases for DVD Movies, Music DVD, Anime, HD (if we get any more), TV Series, GameCube, PC Apps & Games, PS1, PS2, XBox & XBox360:
200dpi - 2160 x 1450
300dpi - 3240 x 2175

For Blu-Ray:
200dpi - 2075 x 1160
300dpi - 3115 x 1745

For PS3:
200dpi - 2145 x 1170
300dpi - 3220 x 1760

PSP (Playstation Portable):
200dpi - 1645 x 1320
300dpi - 2470 x 1980

Nintendo Wii:
200dpi - 2150 x 1435
300dpi - 3225 x 2155

NintendoDS:
200dpi - 2140 x 910
300dpi - 3210 x 1370

VHS:
200dpi - 2020 x 1560
300dpi - 3030 x 2340

All standard Jewel cases for Music CD, PC Apps & Games, Playstation and VCD - along with CD & DVD Labels:
200dpi - 840 x 840
300dpi - 1260 x 1260

The current rules that we have had for many years WILL be enforced to the fullest.

ALL covers WILL be presented in the landscape format - any covers uploaded in the portrait format will automatically be denied.

ALL covers will be straight - if the cover is crocked to a noticeable degree it will automatically be denied.

ALL spines must be flattened at flat as you can - ANY covers with noticeably creased spines will automatically be denied.

ALL covers must be closely and neatly cropped. If a cover is too under or overly cropped - they will automatically be denied.

ALL custom covers MUST be denoted as CUSTOM. ALSO note for CUSTOM labels - ALL CUSTOM DISC LABELS ARE TO BE ROUND - we will no longer accept a SQUARE label - as discs are round - this is not an unusual request.

ALL Non-English language covers NEED to be identified - if none of the staff can identify the language of the cover - it will be denied.

When titling any upload - PLEASE do not use ALL-CAPS. PLEASE use both Upper and lower case letters. For movie covers - PLEASE include the Title, Year, Language (ONLY when Non-English) and Region Code. It is the uploaders responsibility to correctly title their uploads to be site ready - not the staffs - we are spending way too time editing titles before we can approve the covers.

Uploaders need to keep a tab on their PMs (Personal Messages) - as if and when we have an issue with your uploads - we will PM you and explain the issue. If we have to PM an uploader 3 times for the SAME infraction - and they continue doing that same infraction - their incorrect uploads will automatically be denied.

We do allow tagging covers here - but PLEASE keep the tags small, unobtrusive to the cover design and kept to the backs of the covers. NO large stickers, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, watermarks or the words 'copyright materials' are allowed on the fronts or backs of ANY covers. User names are OK but only on the backs - and they are to be kept small and unobtrusive. NO tags are allowed at all on the 'printable' portion of the CD or Disc labels - PLEASE keep the tag to the corners. If it gets to where we run into a problem with excessive tagging - then tagging will no longer be allowed on this site.

AS this is kinda a 'Heads Up' for ALL you uploaders - you might want to get started working with the new size allowable.

ANY and ALL suggestions from uploaders are appreciated - as we get closer to hammering out our new uploading rules.

Thank You
The FreeCovers Moderating Team smile.gif

#31 stavroff@bigpond.net.au

stavroff@bigpond.net.au

Phil S

• 8 posts
  • Covers:491

• Rank (last 60 days):
    47th in TV Series

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:44 AM

I did not do the post, but when I try to zoom a cover before before downloading it it will not zoom, so I have to download it to look at it.

#32 tweetybird

tweetybird

Barbie Girl MOD

• Elite Member
  • 6,292 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    33rd in Blu-Ray Movie
    10th in DVD Movie
    70th in Music CD
    7th in Playstation 3
    17th in TV Series
    4th in Wii

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:07 AM

I did not do the post, but when I try to zoom a cover before before downloading it it will not zoom, so I have to download it to look at it.

Zoom is working for OK for me - I am using FireFox. I prefer to download a cover to get a really good look at it anyways - if I don't like it I just toss it.

#33 DeusMaximus

DeusMaximus

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

Dear all. I am trying to download a cover, but there is an message saying there is a system wide update. When will this be done?

#34 tweetybird

tweetybird

Barbie Girl MOD

• Elite Member
  • 6,292 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    33rd in Blu-Ray Movie
    10th in DVD Movie
    70th in Music CD
    7th in Playstation 3
    17th in TV Series
    4th in Wii

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

Dear all. I am trying to download a cover, but there is an message saying there is a system wide update. When will this be done?

I believe that is an old message mostly geared towards Gold members - You should be able to download any cover - just the compressed ones.

#35 DeusMaximus

DeusMaximus

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

Hi Tweety Bird, thank you for your super quick reply :-)

I know now why it did not work. I was a gold member, emphasizing  was, but I thought I still was...

Soooooo what about them Yankees :-)

#36 KenZ442

KenZ442

Rookie

• 18 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

When I start uploading I'll come back to this post.

An idea, make these tips / guidelines into a pdf that can be downloaded. Then when someone is ready to scan / upload they can pull out the pdf and doublecheck if they're doing it right.

#37 tweetybird

tweetybird

Barbie Girl MOD

• Elite Member
  • 6,292 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    33rd in Blu-Ray Movie
    10th in DVD Movie
    70th in Music CD
    7th in Playstation 3
    17th in TV Series
    4th in Wii

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

Hi Tweety Bird, thank you for your super quick reply :-)

I know now why it did not work. I was a gold member, emphasizing  was, but I thought I still was...

Soooooo what about them Yankees :-)

The Who?? :P

Did check - your membership expired March 2023.

#38 nezil

nezil

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

So is there a time period when un-compressed downloads will be re-enabled for Gold members? I'd be happy to sign up and pay for the membership, but I don't want to do that if the primary purpose of membership is disabled. The message on the sign up page points to a thread from 2010, with no news for several years, I was even sceptical that the site might still be running.

#39 jvergis

jvergis

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Covers:320

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

Thank you

I will follow the rules

#40 Xibalba

Xibalba

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Covers:10

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

How can I download uncompressed? Gold memder upgrade does not work!