#61 shrek2020

shrek2020

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Covers:29

• Rank (last 60 days):
    64th in TV Series

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:57 PM

I KNOW THIS IS OFF TOPIC BUT HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THAT COVERS HUT HAVE BEEN TAKING THERE WORK AND SELLING IT 

#62 Fogdude

Fogdude

Dudeist Priest

• Gold Member
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Mostly, I like anything that goes bang when I pull the trigger.
  • Covers:568

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:50 PM

I KNOW THIS IS OFF TOPIC BUT HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THAT COVERS HUT HAVE BEEN TAKING THERE WORK AND SELLING IT 

We've discussed this ad nausaeum. Welcome to the Internet. Do you make covers using poster art from web sites? How do you think the people who made those posters feel about you doing that? Yes, we don't sell our stuff here. Still we use stuff from others without paying. If it's online, it's available.

I explained in another post how I stopped CoverDude from grabbing my stuff from here. They haven't done it again in months. I outed them on FaceBook & Twitter by posting links to covers I'd done, pointing out that I include a logo on them unique to me that they don't even bother to remove. I only left those posts up for about 5 minutes. Two days later they stopped grabbing my stuff. If you want them to stop, try that.

I just look at the pictures.

#63 bridges

bridges

• Gold Member
  • 43 posts
  • Covers:917

• Rank (last 60 days):
    97th in Blu-Ray Movie
    41st in PC Games
    7th in TV Series

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:58 AM

Hi its about time, you cracked down. i have been a member here for some years now and have seen a lot of crap covers. Sometimes i upload customs, but most of the time i upload originals.

I do not have a problem with this at all.

The staff on this site do a good job and i would hate to see it close.

#64 stavroff@bigpond.net.au

stavroff@bigpond.net.au

Phil S

• 8 posts
  • Covers:495

• Rank (last 60 days):
    47th in TV Series

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:35 AM

I am having a problem trying to upload covers.

I attach the cover as I have for a long time now and then I am told that I must upload at least one image.

I have emailed the image to myself and opened it successfully, so can you tell me if there is a problem with the site or how can I rectify this

#65 plumbersmateuk

plumbersmateuk

• Gold Member
  • 53 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 25 November 2015 - 10:05 AM

See this post............http://community.fre...pic=983&page=14

#66 wielk

wielk

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:11 PM

I attach the cover as I have for a long time now and then I am told that I must upload at least one image.

I have emailed the image to myself and opened it successfully, so can you tell me if there is a problem with the site or how can I rectify this

Same problem here.

#67 Fogdude

Fogdude

Dudeist Priest

• Gold Member
  • 477 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:36 PM

Same problem here.

Look at the main community page. Tim (Admin) is working on the problem. EVERYONE is having the same problem. It will get fixed. Meanwhile, store up your uploads. The poor moderators are all gonna feel like one-armed paper hangers, once this gets resolved.

#68 chris-hart01

chris-hart01

Chris Hart (chris_hart01@hotmail.com)

• Elite Member
  • 83 posts
  • Covers:1313

• Rank (last 60 days):
    30th in DVD Movie
    3rd in HD-DVD Movie
    40th in TV Series

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:55 AM

I have emailed the image to myself and opened it successfully, so can you tell me if there is a problem with the site or how can I rectify this.

Also when are Admin going to update our standings, i have been the same almost since i joined some ten years ago ?

#69 Hacker Jack

Hacker Jack

Hired Assassin

• 532 posts
  • Location:That little place in my head the Dr. told me to stay away from...
  • Covers:1602

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:06 PM

I have emailed the image to myself and opened it successfully, so can you tell me if there is a problem with the site or how can I rectify this.

Also when are Admin going to update our standings, i have been the same almost since i joined some ten years ago ?

Uploads are not working right now.  Our IT team is working on the problem.  We hope to have an update to the servers shortly that will fix the problem.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#70 wajahatcovers

wajahatcovers

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Interests:Gaming & Anime
  • Covers:360

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:41 AM

I can't upload pc games covers anymore, it keeps telling me to atleast upload one image even though i'm selecting one from my pc.... plz fix this ASAP :innocent:

#71 Murphy041270

Murphy041270

Super MOD

• Elite Member
  • 7,531 posts
  • Interests:Football and Reading books
  • Covers:34

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:52 AM

I can't upload pc games covers anymore, it keeps telling me to atleast upload one image even though i'm selecting one from my pc.... plz fix this ASAP :innocent:

At the moment the uploading page is down, Our IT Guy Tim is is working on it

#72 Norma

Norma

Rookie

• 18 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:20 PM

For almost two weeks now I have been unable to download any new covers.  Is this because of the uploading problem or what?

#73 Murphy041270

Murphy041270

Super MOD

• Elite Member
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 05:21 PM

For almost two weeks now I have been unable to download any new covers.  Is this because of the uploading problem or what?

The uploading page is down, Our Admins team is working on it. They will let us know as soon as they have fixed the problem.

#74 Fogdude

Fogdude

Dudeist Priest

• Gold Member
  • 477 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 05:27 PM

Some downloading appears to be inconsistent, due to the server problems causing the upload outage. When you download, you are directed to any one of several servers. You can see which one you were sent to at the very bottom of the screen. If you try to download something & it fails, all you can do is try again later & hope you get sent to a server that has what you want. There is no way for you, or anyone else, to control this. Just keep trying. It will be fixed, in time.

#75 Norma

Norma

Rookie

• 18 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:23 PM

Thanks to everyone for the input. I can be patient. I just didn't want this site to stop updating covers like so many of the sites do. I LOVE THIS SITE!!!

#76 eckb

eckb

Rookie

• 10 posts
  • Covers:10

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:25 AM

When is the site going to be back up and running.

#77 Murphy041270

Murphy041270

Super MOD

• Elite Member
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:19 PM

When is the site going to be back up and running.

If you mean upload page, We're haven't heard from the admins about when it is fixed yet.

#78 Youngster24

Youngster24

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:large CD & LP Collection, Listen to Music (with Preference Oldies, Southern Rock, Beat, Country(Rock)), Hiking,
    see old Movies
  • Covers:422

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:19 PM

Hello there,
I want soon upload many Covers, if the Upload Problem is fixed. Maybe you can attach additional buttons for booklets on the upload page. This would greatly improve the quality of the page.
My English is rather poor, but i hope you understand what i mean.
In the upper right corner i can select a Language, but unfortunately it does not work.
Is Your Support in English only?
Best Regards

#79 chelseafc

chelseafc

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Covers:2

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:03 PM

TO ALL FreeCovers Uploaders:

The staff is currently reworking our Uploading Rules and they WILL affect ALL the uploaders. We will be introducing new size requirements and really cracking down on current rules - as we have been slacking.

The NEW MINIMUM ALLOWABLE size for ALL uploads WILL be 200dpi - but the standard we would like to see is 300dpi. There is really NO reason for any uploads to be over 300pdi.

For ALL standard Clamshell cases for DVD Movies, Music DVD, Anime, HD (if we get any more), TV Series, GameCube, PC Apps & Games, PS1, PS2, XBox & XBox360:
200dpi - 2160 x 1450
300dpi - 3240 x 2175

For Blu-Ray:
200dpi - 2075 x 1160
300dpi - 3115 x 1745

For PS3:
200dpi - 2145 x 1170
300dpi - 3220 x 1760

PSP (Playstation Portable):
200dpi - 1645 x 1320
300dpi - 2470 x 1980

Nintendo Wii:
200dpi - 2150 x 1435
300dpi - 3225 x 2155

NintendoDS:
200dpi - 2140 x 910
300dpi - 3210 x 1370

VHS:
200dpi - 2020 x 1560
300dpi - 3030 x 2340

All standard Jewel cases for Music CD, PC Apps & Games, Playstation and VCD - along with CD & DVD Labels:
200dpi - 840 x 840
300dpi - 1260 x 1260

The current rules that we have had for many years WILL be enforced to the fullest.

ALL covers WILL be presented in the landscape format - any covers uploaded in the portrait format will automatically be denied.

ALL covers will be straight - if the cover is crocked to a noticeable degree it will automatically be denied.

ALL spines must be flattened at flat as you can - ANY covers with noticeably creased spines will automatically be denied.

ALL covers must be closely and neatly cropped. If a cover is too under or overly cropped - they will automatically be denied.

ALL custom covers MUST be denoted as CUSTOM. ALSO note for CUSTOM labels - ALL CUSTOM DISC LABELS ARE TO BE ROUND - we will no longer accept a SQUARE label - as discs are round - this is not an unusual request.

ALL Non-English language covers NEED to be identified - if none of the staff can identify the language of the cover - it will be denied.

When titling any upload - PLEASE do not use ALL-CAPS. PLEASE use both Upper and lower case letters. For movie covers - PLEASE include the Title, Year, Language (ONLY when Non-English) and Region Code. It is the uploaders responsibility to correctly title their uploads to be site ready - not the staffs - we are spending way too time editing titles before we can approve the covers.

Uploaders need to keep a tab on their PMs (Personal Messages) - as if and when we have an issue with your uploads - we will PM you and explain the issue. If we have to PM an uploader 3 times for the SAME infraction - and they continue doing that same infraction - their incorrect uploads will automatically be denied.

We do allow tagging covers here - but PLEASE keep the tags small, unobtrusive to the cover design and kept to the backs of the covers. NO large stickers, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, watermarks or the words 'copyright materials' are allowed on the fronts or backs of ANY covers. User names are OK but only on the backs - and they are to be kept small and unobtrusive. NO tags are allowed at all on the 'printable' portion of the CD or Disc labels - PLEASE keep the tag to the corners. If it gets to where we run into a problem with excessive tagging - then tagging will no longer be allowed on this site.

AS this is kinda a 'Heads Up' for ALL you uploaders - you might want to get started working with the new size allowable.

ANY and ALL suggestions from uploaders are appreciated - as we get closer to hammering out our new uploading rules.

Thank You
The FreeCovers Moderating Team smile.gif

This was the best site of all, it does not work anymore, Why?

#80 Fogdude

Fogdude

Dudeist Priest

• Gold Member
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:06 AM

This was the best site of all, it does not work anymore, Why?

Please read the status updates in the right hand column of the community page. There are also posts in this thread explaining it.