• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DIVADI

DIVADI

The Last Metal Warrior

• 92 posts
  • Covers:326

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:21 AM

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

When printing discs on my Canon PIXMA iP4500, they will not print all the way to the center. It leaves about a 5mm white ring on the inside. I'm using the standard program that came with the printer, & I adjusted the inner circle as far as it will go.

Has anyone got any suggestions how I can make it print to the center. Maybe another disc printing program.

Thanx in advance

DIVADI
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

#2 StD

StD

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 317 posts
  • Covers:347

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:26 AM

I am using the same type of printer with the original Canon software and it does print the complete disc to the center. You will need to use the right template with proper size of the center - I am already not at my computer, so I can't remember where to write the size of the center, but I do remember, that I was printing the same results as you decribe first, too, but after opening the CD/DVD template it has changed.
IF IT AIN'T BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT

#3 DIVADI

DIVADI

The Last Metal Warrior

• 92 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE(StD @ Sep 11 2008, 07:26 AM)
I am using the same type of printer with the original Canon software and it does print the complete disc to the center. You will need to use the right template with proper size of the center - I am already not at my computer, so I can't remember where to write the size of the center, but I do remember, that I was printing the same results as you decribe first, too, but after opening the CD/DVD template it has changed.

View Post

Thanx mate. I'll have a look at it now. Hopefully the software you got in Czech Republic (i was born in Prague too) is the same as here in Australia.

#4 StD

StD

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE(DIVADI @ Sep 12 2008, 01:51 AM)
...Hopefully the software you got... is the same as here in Australia.

View Post

Yes, it surely is, as we have here also the Pixma iP6500 (U.S. version) and it has the same SW, too.

#5 CMason696969

CMason696969

• 51 posts
  • Covers:69

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:41 PM

Use UnderCover XP and go into the format editor and adjust the settings

#6 DIVADI

DIVADI

The Last Metal Warrior

• 92 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE(CMason696969 @ Sep 18 2008, 03:41 PM)
Use UnderCover XP and go into the format editor and adjust the settings

View Post

cool. I'll give this a go too. havent tried undercover xp before (havent actually heard of it) LOL

#7 shaggi

shaggi

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 3 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:54 PM

hi DIVADI, i got a PIXMA IP4300 and had the same problem. easy fixed though!
if you are using cdlabel print that come with printer then just click on the 'Select paper' icon, then click 'new' on the next window, you are then creating a new template which you can name whatever, and set the required inner and outer circle dimentions.
hope that helps you out!

#8 StD

StD

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE(shaggi @ Sep 27 2008, 12:54 AM)
if you are using cdlabel print that come with printer then just click on the 'Select paper' icon, then click 'new' on the next window, you are then creating a new template which you can name whatever, and set the required inner and outer circle dimentions.
  hope that helps you out!

View Post

?? Why create a NEW one when there is one prepared already for USE? Did you read my reply above? crutch.gif cheers.gif bangin.gif

BTW: It works so for the whole PIXMA series of printers up to iP6700D and as far as I know no other SW has the right templates for them, such as SureThing CD/DVDLabeler and so on.

#9 Tiffany

Tiffany

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 590 posts
  • Covers:706

• Rank (last 60 days):
    52nd in TV Series

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE(shaggi @ Sep 27 2008, 09:54 AM)
  hope that helps you out!

View Post

I just bought the ip 4600 and was wondering why it wasnt printing as close as possible. I knew that if I came on here and did a search I would fine the solution.

Thanks for that info shaggi. thumbup.gif

#10 goldenvirginia

goldenvirginia

Rookie

• 21 posts
  • Interests:Spend most of my time working on my own website. Love playing games and watching movies
  • Covers:0

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:54 AM

been looking for this fix for ages....ty

for StD i had to make a new one as well as you cannot edit the existing templates

#11 StD

StD

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE(goldenvirginia @ Sep 28 2009, 12:54 PM)
been looking for this fix for ages....ty

for StD i had to make a new one as well as you cannot edit the existing templates

View Post

Don't worry about that. I am already by my 3rd version, because the previous ones became off centre and no editing helped to get them back to correct size.

ALWAYS: create a new one, put an image into it, save and live with it till the Canon SW does it's own... cry.gif

BTW: I'm trying this on my "coasters", but have not enough to make thorough tests...
eek.gif