• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Akira181

Akira181

Rookie

• 11 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

In my old Lexmark when I didn't use it for stretches of time, I used to have problems where the ink cartridges would dry up, making refilling them impossible. Normally it's the colour one as I mainly printed black and white documents.

I was wondering if I got a CISS system, would this solve the problem in my new Canon MP600?

If it would, where would I get a CISS for a Canon in the UK? Is this a good deal? http://cityinkexpres...ply_system.html

#2 memoman

memoman

Advanced Member

• 111 posts
  • Covers:32

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE(Akira181 @ Apr 24 2008, 03:00 PM)
In my old Lexmark when I didn't use it for stretches of time, I used to have problems where the ink cartridges would dry up, making refilling them impossible.  Normally it's the colour one as I mainly printed black and white documents. 

I was wondering if I got a CISS system, would this solve the problem in my new Canon MP600?

If it would, where would I get a CISS for a Canon in the UK?  Is this a good deal? http://cityinkexpres...ply_system.html

View Post

I used a ciss on a epson r220 till it broke.It is much easier to fill some times the heads need cleaning no other problems noticed reguarding the ink .but the system was very cost effective.Last time i bought ink it cost 45 for 6 times 500ml bottles 1 black and 1 of each five colours.The ink lasts for well over a year even for a heavy user.so is very economical.however new epson printers cannot yet take ciss just some compatables if manufacture since april 2007.Not sure about cannon been meaning to look into them myself.
user posted image

#3 Akira181

Akira181

Rookie

• 11 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:28 PM

so if I got a CISS system, I would still have to clean the printheads if I don't use it for long periods of time?

The problem I had with my old printer was that it sometimes wouldn't be used for at least a month and when I did, there would be missing lines which no amount of cleaning would cure. Is a CISS cartridge easier to clean?

#4 Simon R.

Simon R.

Rookie

• 21 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE(Akira181 @ Apr 26 2008, 12:28 PM)
so if I got a CISS system, I would still have to clean the printheads if I don't use it for long periods of time?

yes, I believe you'll still have to clean the printheads.

InkJet Cartridges & Laser Toner Cartridges

#5 DIVADI

DIVADI

The Last Metal Warrior

• 92 posts
  • Covers:326

Posted 13 September 2008 - 04:01 AM

One of the best tricks with CISS is to set up your printer to automaticly print a test page once a day. That way it nearly completelly elimanates clogging, and you wont need to clean the head as oftem (if ever). And stick with Canon. Lot of their printers have removable heads so you can run them under a tap. I got this information from a CISS distributer in Melbourne.

DIVADI
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

#6 StD

StD

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 317 posts
  • Covers:347

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(DIVADI @ Sep 13 2008, 06:01 AM)
...nearly completelly elimanates clogging...
DIVADI

View Post

Don't understand this, as I have my Pixma 4500 always ON (StandBy) and it cleans automatically herself (isn't it she?) eek.gif thumbup1.gif
IF IT AIN'T BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT

#7 jim9

jim9

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 288 posts
  • Covers:276

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:17 AM

Used a cis set up with my old r200 printer. No problems with it. Occasional head clean now and then. thumbup1.gif

Using it with my rx685 no problems either, apart from the odd head clean now and then. thumbup.gif whistling1.gif

Paid 35 for the cis system from here

w.w.w.rapid-resolutions.com

Just remove the extra .'s in between the w's and you will get their home page. whistling.gif
United we stand - Divided we fall ..... None shall divide us[COLOR=blue][B]

#8 Anderson856

Anderson856

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

i have a canon iP4840, the problem is that if i want to print it displays an error '' failed contact the service ....''. It started earlier ths week, bt i discovered that the cartrages are not moving inside, they are jst stuck on the corner. Please help me.

#9 Albertvef

Albertvef

Rookie

• 14 posts
  • Interests:Performing arts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 01:18 AM

I already have a printer though ok im gonna get another scanner, but nothing made by Canon lol Thanks for all your help Ghostman