Photo

I'm tired of my old r260, what is the best disc printer in 2012 ?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 le0o37

le0o37

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

I have only used the Epson R260, and although with the CISS installed it is the cheapest way to print, this printer is just a headache once worn out.

Please I beg for your help. I need to buy a new printer.
Can you suggest me two printers that print on cd/discs.

1. One high end, expensive one $$
2. And one reasonably priced

They need to work with the CISS systems or must have a way to use cheap ink with.

I feel like throwing the r260 out the windows and setting it on fire and running it over with my car, and taking a piss on it after.

Also are any printers faster than others, I have always thought of the r260 being relatively slow when printing a disc, my r260 takes an average of 2-3 minutes per disc (that is 2 and a half minutes) it just dances back and forward before it begins to print.

I only need the printer to print on disc's/cd's, I don't need to print on paper or scan, disc is the priority.

Thanks for your help guys, I will pass along and share the knowledge.
I print on discs for company promotions and sometimes I print demo's on the side.

#2 nosidam

nosidam

Advanced Member

• Elite Member
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Garden & My Pet Dogs
    Both Cocker Spanials
  • Covers:1076

• Rank (last 60 days):
    3rd in DVD Movie
    4th in HD-DVD Movie

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

I have only used the Epson R260, and although with the CISS installed it is the cheapest way to print, this printer is just a headache once worn out. Please I beg for your help. I need to buy a new printer. Can you suggest me two printers that print on cd/discs. 1. One high end, expensive one $$ 2. And one reasonably priced They need to work with the CISS systems or must have a way to use cheap ink with. I feel like throwing the r260 out the windows and setting it on fire and running it over with my car, and taking a piss on it after. Also are any printers faster than others, I have always thought of the r260 being relatively slow when printing a disc, my r260 takes an average of 2-3 minutes per disc (that is 2 and a half minutes) it just dances back and forward before it begins to print. I only need the printer to print on disc's/cd's, I don't need to print on paper or scan, disc is the priority. Thanks for your help guys, I will pass along and share the knowledge. I print on discs for company promotions and sometimes I print demo's on the side.

I Use the Canon IP4850 I think it's a good printer for discs and its easy to get Canon compatible inks. Have a look a prices.

#3 le0o37

le0o37

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

Ohh cool, I will look into it.
How long does it take to print an image on a disc ?
And can I start printing on a second disc right away after it is done with the first ?
Thanks

#4 nosidam

nosidam

Advanced Member

• Elite Member
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Garden & My Pet Dogs
    Both Cocker Spanials
  • Covers:1076

• Rank (last 60 days):
    3rd in DVD Movie
    4th in HD-DVD Movie

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

Only takes about 20 to 30 Seconds depending on how much colour has to be printed and yes you can start printing your next Disc righr away.
Hope this helps.

#5 le0o37

le0o37

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

Hey the Cannon IP printers are really hard to find in the US, recommend any others ?

#6 meddi

meddi

elite member

• Elite Member
  • 604 posts
  • Interests:creating custom dvd covers.
  • Covers:1246

• Rank (last 60 days):
    22nd in DVD Movie
    54th in TV Series

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

the cannon pixma is a good printer the only layback is it takes a while to start printing,but once it starts it is vey fast and efficient and can print the discs as fast as you can change them.compatable inks are quite cheap and print well.but i can`t understand why the cannon printers are hard to find in the U S A.
if you don`t leave,you will never come back again

#7 baldybear

baldybear

Advanced Member

• 144 posts
  • Covers:51

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

epson p50 i use with ciss if you liked the r265 then thats the one
user posted image

#8 4gsims1

4gsims1

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

i use the epson artisan 835 and have the ciss system installed and word very well with good quality. just a little over a $100..so not bad...

#9 4gsims1

4gsims1

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

should be works very well

#10 cydock70

cydock70

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Covers:6

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

I have used the Epson p50 for quite a while now, with no problems.
Compatable inks are a good save too, and have always worked for me.

In fact I got two of the same, just in case, but it's not been neccersary as yet,
and has been in regular daily use, with no problems.

But is this model still availeable I wonder !! :eek:

#11 ARTY0303

ARTY0303

Advanced Member

• 219 posts
  • Covers:611

• Rank (last 60 days):
    41st in Music CD

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

The Epson P50 is quite rare at the usual price when it first came out. I have seen in the Uk them going for £120 - £150.00 so getting one for cheap money might be a problem. I run a R285 with CISS, works great but because there isn't a reset utility for it i have to go to a epson retailer.technician to get it reset which is a pain in the ass. He knows me now so only charges £10. I would go for Epson every time to be honest, if i was to replace mine i think i would find a decent secondhand P50. Hope this helps

#12 plumbersmateuk

plumbersmateuk

• Gold Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

Have you read this about resetting the R285 yourself............... http://www.pcadvisor.../?ob=datea&pn=1