6 replies to this topic

#1 strumbox

strumbox

Rookie

• 13 posts
  • Covers:100

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

Hello All

I Have An Epson R300 Printer I've Had Problems With It Before And Used SSC Service Utility To Sort Them Out, No Problem. This Time However I Cant, The Problem Is The Printer Keeps Telling Me To Close The CD/DVD Guide. There's Nothing Wrong With The CD/DVD Guide, I've Tried Using SSC Service Utillity, Gone To, Extra-Soft Reset And Reset Protection Counter And Cleared Counter Flow And When I Do Any Of This My Computer Says Can't Communicate With Printer.

If I Have To Buy A New Printer Can Anyone Tell Me The Next Generation Of Epson Printers And Can I Use My Continuous Flow Ink System With It. I've Down Loaded Service Utillity And Bought It On Line, Read All About How To Use It But Nothing Works, I'me At My Wits End. I Down't Think Theres Anything Wrong With My Printer. I've Pressed All The Buttons In Different Ways And It Wont Work.

Please Help. Thanks Kind Regards. sad.gif Strumbox

#2 baldybear

baldybear

Advanced Member

• 144 posts
  • Covers:51

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:42 PM

have you tried uninstalling it then starting from scratch
user posted image

#3 strumbox

strumbox

Rookie

• 13 posts
  • Covers:100

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE(baldybear @ Sep 16 2009, 01:42 PM)
have you tried uninstalling it then starting from scratch

View Post

Hi Boldybear Yes Mate Tried Uninstalling It, The Printer Won't Communicate With The Computer.
Thanks Again Strumbox

#4 Simon R.

Simon R.

Rookie

• 21 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:17 AM

May be you need another USB cable (the one that connects the printer to your PC)
InkJet Cartridges & Laser Toner Cartridges

#5 jimmomech8

jimmomech8

jimmomech8

• Gold Member
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retirement. Cabninet Making, Movie Collection, Photography and Graphic Arts
  • Covers:343

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:25 PM

If you have uninstalled and reinstalled printer drivers check and see if your OS has added a "copy" of your printer. If so, get rid of both completely and reinstall new drivers. Also check your printer queue and see if it has a uncompleted prodject stored in it. Check your device manager and see if it has your printer ports labled correctly especially if you are using Vi$ta. wacko.gif

#6 Shadfly

Shadfly

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • Interests:Winter:Designer and webmaster of different sites.<br />5-6 hours of poker daily.<br />Summer: Hiking, Canooing,camping, walking in woods with camera.
  • Covers:97

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE(strumbox @ Sep 10 2009, 10:09 AM)
Hello All

I Have An Epson R300 Printer I've Had Problems With It Before And Used SSC Service Utility To Sort Them Out, No Problem. This Time However I Cant, The Problem Is The Printer Keeps Telling Me To Close The CD/DVD Guide. There's Nothing Wrong With The CD/DVD Guide, I've Tried Using SSC Service Utillity, Gone To, Extra-Soft Reset And Reset Protection Counter And Cleared Counter Flow And When I Do Any Of This My Computer Says Can't Communicate With Printer.

If I Have To Buy A New Printer Can Anyone Tell Me The Next Generation Of Epson Printers And Can I Use My Continuous Flow Ink System With It. I've Down Loaded Service Utillity And Bought It On Line, Read All About How To Use It But Nothing Works, I'me At My Wits End. I Down't Think Theres Anything Wrong With My Printer. I've Pressed All The Buttons In Different Ways And It Wont Work. 

Please Help. Thanks Kind Regards. sad.gif    Strumbox

View Post

#7 Shadfly

Shadfly

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • Interests:Winter:Designer and webmaster of different sites.<br />5-6 hours of poker daily.<br />Summer: Hiking, Canooing,camping, walking in woods with camera.
  • Covers:97

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE(Shadfly @ Oct 2 2009, 10:24 AM)

View Post

Have you changed either computer or O/S ?
I had the same problem, when I changed my puter and it was loaded with Vista.
It would not operate my old (6 Years) printer.
Finally shopped around and went with a Brothers. It was the one that shops recommended and the wife talked to computer division of her company and 80% of them recommended this company. I'm very pleased with our purchase.
I hope this can help.