• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 darren12321

darren12321

Advanced Member

• 419 posts
  • Covers:191

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:07 PM

when useing dvd shrink to do back up copy how do u compress the film even more if it is tobig to fit on the disc or do i have to take stuff off it to make it fit on it or if there n e other way i can do it to make sure i have everthing on it? thx

#2 the_zappa

the_zappa

His name sounds good in your ear

• 220 posts
  • Covers:3

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:11 PM

It should compress it enough to fit everything on. By default it is set to 'automatic' which will compress everything (menus extras etc) by the same amount so they all fit on. I've never not been able to compress it enough to fit it on. You could try compressing the menus and other stuff as much as they will go so you get the best quality available from the feature.

What are you trying to copy?
Meat is murder. Tasty, tasty murder

#3 darren12321

darren12321

Advanced Member

• 419 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:53 PM

shameless series 1 - 3 its the boxset 1 (only tryed the 1s disc so far) how do i compress them even more??

#4 gerry037

gerry037

Advanced Member

• 188 posts
  • Covers:62

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:24 PM

m8 use SVCD2DVD a lot better and quality better to
Rgs G
.http://broughtoyou.com[SIZE=7]

#5 the_zappa

the_zappa

His name sounds good in your ear

• 220 posts
  • Covers:3

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE(darren12321 @ Apr 20 2007, 05:53 PM)
shameless series 1 - 3 its the boxset 1 (only tryed the 1s disc so far) how do i compress them even more??

View Post

In the right hand window; after you have imported the files, the drop-down box is set to 'automatic' by default. Select the part of the disk you want to compress and change the drop-down option to 'custom' and move the slider.
I must say find it strange that it is not setting it to fit on a dvd-5 by default though, that's pretty strange.
You can also deselect any unnecessary audio options and subtitles that may be on the disc. If the audio has been encoded to Dolby 5.1 uncheck it to leave the smallest size audio stream during playback - be careful you don't leave the directors commentary on though instead of the dialogue.

You could also try clonedvd if you're unsuccessful with shrink - provides a very simple interface and a few clicks to backup dvds.
Meat is murder. Tasty, tasty murder

#6 darren12321

darren12321

Advanced Member

• 419 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE(the_zappa @ Apr 20 2007, 07:45 PM)
In the right hand window; after you have imported the files, the drop-down box is set to 'automatic' by default.  Select the part of the disk you want to compress and change the drop-down option to 'custom' and move the slider.
I must say find it strange that it is not setting it to fit on a dvd-5 by default though, that's pretty strange.
You can also deselect any unnecessary audio options and subtitles that may be on the disc.  If the audio has been encoded to Dolby 5.1 uncheck it to leave the smallest size audio stream during playback - be careful you don't leave the directors commentary on though instead of the dialogue.

You could also try clonedvd if you're unsuccessful with shrink - provides a very simple interface and a few clicks to backup dvds.

View Post

thx m8 biggrin.gif

i want to keep all the docs and exters on the discs not botherd about the subtites just like to keep all the stuff becuase they more retail and better to keep all the exters on the disc

#7 razor4432

razor4432

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 21 April 2007 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE(darren12321 @ Apr 20 2007, 07:07 AM)
when useing dvd shrink to do back up copy how do u compress the film even more if it is tobig to fit on the disc or do i have to take stuff off it to make it fit on it or if there n e other way i can do it to make sure i have everthing on it? thx

View Post

If shrink won't do it on auto then it will more than likely be to much compression to keep the video quality. just rip non compressed and burn to DL. or you can just rip the movie.

#8 darren12321

darren12321

Advanced Member

• 419 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:03 AM

that y i am only compressing the menus and the add ons like there is comes up with advos

#9 Budster

Budster

EX Aussie Complaints Dept

• Gold Member
  • 3,051 posts
  • Interests:Trying to stop the Wife and Daughters from KILLING me
  • Covers:3162

• Rank (last 60 days):
    14th in HD-DVD Movie
    6th in Music DVD
    2nd in Other
    4th in PSP
    8th in TV Series

Posted 22 April 2007 - 01:39 AM

Had no probs doing same movies with shrink, all I removed was foriegn languages
Posted ImagePosted Image

R.I.P
PJC

#10 Tiffany

Tiffany

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 590 posts
  • Covers:706

• Rank (last 60 days):
    52nd in TV Series

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:05 AM

Old post I know..........but

You can shrink it again with DVD Shrink. Just shrink it to ISO onto your computer, re-open Shrink. Go to File, Open Disc Image.............find the iso and load.

Now this is not guaranteed that you will get a high quality but its good enough.

#11 shitfaced

shitfaced

DRUNKEN FOOL

• 183 posts
  • Interests:I Get Totally Drunk, what's your hobby?

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE(Budster @ Apr 22 2007, 02:39 AM)
Had no probs doing same movies with shrink, all I removed was foriegn languages

View Post

True, just get rid of the stuff you can do without cheers.gif

#12 JETZ

JETZ

• 46 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:56 PM

HI BUD! BEEN READING ALL YOUR REPLIES, DVD SHRINK VERY OLD, BEEN COPING A WHILE NOW AND TRIED MOST OF THE SOFTWARE BUT NOTHING COMES OUT BETTER THAN " DVDFAB PLATINUM 4" TRY IT WON'T BE SORRY, ANY HICKUPS LET ME KNOW WILL BE GLAD TO HELP YOU.

CHEERS