4 replies to this topic

#1 gerthmeister

gerthmeister

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 12 posts
  • Covers:1

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:55 AM

Hi, im a complete noob when it comes to pcs but am learning bits and peices as i go along. but i want to add a blu-ray read/writer and another dvd reader (lg6181) to my pc but already have 2 pioneer 111ds already attatched and dont want to take them out. and maybe want to attatch another hard drive too when i get some more cash. can i get some sort of card to fit in the mother board to do this? ive seen some cards on ebay but they say they are for hard disk drives?? and dont have anybody i know who i can ask!!

thanks in advance

gerth

#2 StD

StD

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 317 posts
  • Covers:347

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE(gerthmeister @ May 20 2009, 11:55 AM)
Hi, im a complete noob when it comes to pcs but am learning bits and peices as i go along. but i want to add a blu-ray read/writer and another dvd reader (lg6181) to my pc but already have 2 pioneer 111ds already attatched and dont want to take them out.  and maybe want to attatch another hard drive too when i get some more cash. can i get some sort of card to fit in the mother board to do this? ive seen some cards on ebay but they say they are for hard disk drives?? and dont have anybody i know who i can ask!!

thanks in advance

gerth

View Post

Do you have a really big Tower case with at least additional two 5,25"-bays free? How strong enough is your power supply in Watts? Does your motherboard have both SATA and PATA controllers? How many free SATA-connections?
If the answers for all these questions are YES, then Go for it! But consult your PC's manual first.
IF IT AIN'T BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT

#3 sagar9749382152

sagar9749382152

Rookie

• 11 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:33 AM

thanks

#4 the_boss0012004

the_boss0012004

Advanced Member

• 60 posts
  • Covers:14

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:02 PM

if all fails buy an external hdd

#5 COOL_Stoner

COOL_Stoner

The COOL One

• Gold Member
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Computer Repair and Upgrading, Electronic Repair (flat screen TVs, Ipods, DVD Players, Media Players)Chess, Playing guitar
  • Covers:11

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE(gerthmeister @ May 20 2009, 05:55 AM)
Hi, im a complete noob when it comes to pcs but am learning bits and peices as i go along. but i want to add a blu-ray read/writer and another dvd reader (lg6181) to my pc but already have 2 pioneer 111ds already attatched and dont want to take them out.  and maybe want to attatch another hard drive too when i get some more cash. can i get some sort of card to fit in the mother board to do this? ive seen some cards on ebay but they say they are for hard disk drives?? and dont have anybody i know who i can ask!!

thanks in advance

gerth

View Post

You can always add any device to your PC but there's a lot of hurdles you need to clear before any video can be shown, specially BD. Will your machine be HDCP compliant? Most of your questions and concerns can be answered by googling it first and reading up on it.