Super 8

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jinnie

jinnie

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Films obviously, my family, music, reading, If there is one thing I could not live without it would be books. Back alot better but I don't want to agravate it so not back into the fitness yet!! Swimming, specially with my kids, its such a giggle, but not done for a while, I'll sit and read and watch them having fun instead. How come your mind goes blank at these things huh?
  • Covers:166

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

I watched this last night, and have to say it was a lot better than I thought.

I'd read the back and thought ugh nooooooooooooo another cloverfield ............ but it was a lot better. I know it was technically an alien film, but the kids put me in mind of the kids in goonies, or when they really seemed to care about each other, stand by me.

Showing my age there huh lol

My only criticism would be the corny ending, unfortunately becoming a little bit standard with the big US films (no offence intended for any American members)

The young girl actress in it, reminded me a lot of the young Jodie Foster, so I'm hoping to see her in bigger and better roles. The part of the film where she is acting (in what the kids are filming) were brilliant. I wonder if during her main scenes as her character if she was directed to play it down a little then go for it big time in the parts where she was filmed by the kids for the film. Yeah, I know its confusing lol but if you haven't watched Super 8, watch it and you will totally get what I mean.

Good film what did you think?

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#2 meddi

meddi

elite member

• Elite Member
  • 604 posts
  • Interests:creating custom dvd covers.
  • Covers:1246

• Rank (last 60 days):
    22nd in DVD Movie
    54th in TV Series

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

super was a welldone film and i also liked 'PAUL"a funny and hilarious movie spoof.
if you don`t leave,you will never come back again

#3 Blackjs

Blackjs

Rookie

• 11 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:51 AM

Loved the movie, well done, plus I'm a Friday Night Lights fan & I thought the dad did a great job.

#4 mcmani

mcmani

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

tu8iuy

#5 D a v i d

D a v i d

Rookie

• 23 posts