ken5050

Advanced Member

• Elite Member
  • 1,334 posts
  • Covers:1254

• Rank (last 60 days):
    18th in Soundtrack

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:43 PM

correct me if i'm wrong... but i thought microsoft was killing xbox 360's that have been modified in anyway?

#3 tufty

tufty

the pirate

• 161 posts
  • Interests:fishing and tattooing and motorbikes AND JELLY BABIES
  • Covers:26

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:40 AM

correct me if i'm wrong... but i thought microsoft was killing xbox 360's that have been modified in anyway?

i dont know anything about that thanks for the headsup

Attached Files

Posted Image

#4 unfit

unfit

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:23 AM

i dont know anything about that thanks for the headsup

Tufty you need your firmware to be modified. The latest version claims to be undetectable by M$. (at the moment) so if you use it you run the risk of your box being banned from playing online :)

#5 darrellick

darrellick

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:52 PM

I have a xbox 360 that I have "flashed" (that is the correct terminology) the dvd drive with the latest hacked firmware and also have over 60 plus "backups" (what the official excuse is for the burned games, you supposedly back up copies of the games you have purchased incase something happens to the original.. lol this way legally you are not breaking any copyright laws!!!) that I have downloaded for free from the internet. I do not play on xbox live for it is not my thing but the last comment is correct. They (Microsoft) comes out with new security features from time to time and it is possible to get your console banned from xbox live permanently via the serial number. It is also possible to use the service with the firmware and "back-up games" but you need to stay on top of the updates they put out for there is only so long before new firmware is put out that defeat the new security features. It all has alot to do with the angles on the game disk that the laser from the drive read the information at and how much this measurement varies as the games plays. Sounds very complicated and I may have lost you or overdolne this response but IO just happen to know the subject quite well as a matter a fact a :back up: just finished burning for my nephews for christmas as I have done several consoles since mine and one for them and they love it. Getting new games all the tim e is great when you are young like christmas all year. The whole modification process is quite simple once you understand what is going on and now i can update firmware in less than 1 hour. Hope this helps and sorry for the length of it...
:D

#6 R19skix

R19skix

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Interests:Political interests

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:21 PM

I havent finished plenty of games I do enjoy, so why would I waste my time finishing ones I dont?