• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 djbezz

djbezz

Rookie

• 21 posts
  • Covers:23

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:37 PM

Well I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with these DVD-DL disks. For anyone that uses nero recode to remove trailers etc, or if you use DVDFab dycrypter, their is an option in the settings of these programs to remove the layer change flag. If your burning a full back up leave the flag intact, or the disks don't work properly at the layer change. If your burning a single layer disk then remove the flag, so you don't get a jump on your copy where the layer change would have been.
It's true there isn't that much of a need for them but if you don't want to lose any quality and the film alone is bigger than 4.7gb then i think it's worth a dual layer disk. I guess it depends on what quality your happy with.
It saves time messing about though when you can backup an entire disk in about 45mins. Rip it, then burn the files straight to a DL disk in Nero.

#22 CMason696969

CMason696969

• 51 posts
  • Covers:69

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:18 PM

Try www.SVP.co.uk they sell VERY cheap Dual Layer disks

#23 Envy

Envy

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

I brought some DL Discs on the Net so that i could print the label on them.
But i found that they would pause 1/2 way through the movie.I Burnt about 10 of them.
I burnt at 2 because that is the fastest they can burn at,i was very ****** because they cost me a bit of cash.
They are Verbatim P/N: 95123
I would play them on a Stand Alone DVD Player, i have not played one on my PC but i my give it a try.

Edited by Envy, 08 August 2010 - 09:45 PM.

#24 TNeal

TNeal

WANNA BE COVER DESIGHNER

• Gold Member
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Old classic monster movies, horror movies, sci fi, and music of many types. Including metal, pop, some rap and country. I collect bootleg concerts.
  • Covers:680

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:46 AM

Wow !!! You are all paying way too much for double layers. Here in the US I pay no more than .50 to .60 cents per disc. I buy 200 memorex diss at a time. I have very little problems burning or playing diss.