• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 yamman

yamman

Rookie

• 12 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 19 December 2006 - 08:13 PM

Anyone know of a reliable cheap dual layer dvd please. What is the coaster rate for these?

#2 whos_the_donkey

whos_the_donkey

Rookie

• 10 posts
  • Covers:12

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:07 PM

ive got a pioner 109/110/and now a 111 all no bad as for coasters depends if your doing it on the fly or not also comes down to quality of dvd youll find that on nearly all writers

#3 djbezz

djbezz

Rookie

• 21 posts
  • Covers:23

Posted 23 December 2006 - 11:36 PM

Plextor all the way........ Still setting the standards others follow

#4 musicbuoy

musicbuoy

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 418 posts
  • Covers:164

Posted 24 December 2006 - 12:12 AM

Lite-On

Always have been and always will be the world leaders in this technology, where they go, others follow.

Sorry but it's true smartass.gif
It's Nice To Be Nice ............... & It's Free

#5 djbezz

djbezz

Rookie

• 21 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 05:01 PM

In a word, RUBBISH! Anyone who knows anything about computers knows that Plextor have always been the best and still are, that's why they cost more. You can read any review site and they always come out top for speed, options and write reliability. Many CD/DVD writer review sites such as CDFreaks have in the past and may still do use a Plextor drive as the standard to which they compare other drives, as they are the best. Liteon are at best middle of the road and there are many above them, Pioneer, Sony, LG and even NEC to name a few.

#6 musicbuoy

musicbuoy

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 418 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE(djbezz @ Dec 30 2006, 06:01 PM)
In a word, RUBBISH! Anyone who knows anything about computers knows that Plextor have always been the best and still are

View Post

I bow to the words of an expert whistling.gif

#7 musicbuoy

musicbuoy

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 418 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 10:01 PM

I rest my case smoke.gif

Attached Files

#8 djbezz

djbezz

Rookie

• 21 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:05 AM

Yes, as your avatar suggests you like to blow your own trumpet. The poll you show proves nothing. If you care to read it properly it is based on owners own views and as such is biased. If you read the feature list you will see the Lite-On drive has nothing to compare to Plextor. Their NEW "Smart-Write™ - Self-learning technology ensuring best writing quality with all media", is simply a rip off of Plextor's Auto stratagy which they have been using since the PX-712 over 2 years ago! The list is incorrect anyway as the CDfreaks score for the Plextor drive is 84% whereas the Lite-On drive is 72%, putting them at the top of that list. I'm not going to argue this point with you any further, as there are plenty of hardware review sites to look at so whatever drive you get you can make up your own mind. If you believe Lite-On to be the best for you then get on with it.

#9 wbk666

wbk666

Rookie

• 12 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE(yamman @ Dec 19 2006, 08:13 PM)
Anyone know of a reliable cheap dual layer dvd please. What is the coaster rate for these?

View Post

are we talking dvd media or dvd burner?

people arguing for possibly no reason here sad.gif

#10 miker3x

miker3x

miker3x

• 7 posts
  • Interests:dss, dvdfab, harleys
  • Covers:102

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:40 AM

[quote=wbk666,Jan 2 2007, 10:26 AM]
are we talking dvd media or dvd burner?

people arguing for possibly no reason here sad.gif

View Post

[/q gunsmilie.gif
Yeah, well, if its hardware drives Ive tried them all on my many computors, and LG is high on my list, hp uses toshiba and its fine on write, but the litescribe is better on LG darker and clearer, so I go with that.... On dvds Ive tried the hp litescribes, and they are a cheaper version of the verbatim discs which boot more easily and burn both sides of litescribe much nicer.... Ive gotten pixelation from the cheaper hp discs and they give no discount at the same write speeds. Verbatum stands out the best. They also have the new verbatim Scratch Proof or resistant discs with an extra layer of glass, that important movies can be kept for years longer without worry... Thats just my opinion... respect miker3x@yahoo.com

PS: try www.frys.com http://shop3.outpost.com/

#11 Frankbom

Frankbom

Rookie

• 10 posts
  • Interests:Baseball

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:44 AM

I am in the process of burning a project on a dual layer DVD. It stops at 66 asking me to insert a layer break. How do I do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

#12 909stevep

909stevep

• 30 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:45 PM

You can use Imgburn software to create a layer break.