• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 fitzy2

fitzy2

Rookie

• 15 posts
  • Covers:1

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:06 AM

I use a Canon Pixma iP3000 for my CD printing along with its software. I note in some topics there is talk of printable full size CD's and Photo standard ones as well. I have not seen these down here (NZ) as yet. What software do others use for printing to Cds? Would be interested in trying others out.
Regards:
fitzy2

#2 remoh

remoh

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 01 December 2006 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE(fitzy2 @ Nov 12 2006, 07:06 PM)
I use a Canon Pixma iP3000 for my CD printing along with its software. I note in some topics there is talk of printable full size CD's and Photo standard ones as well. I have not seen these down here (NZ) as yet. What software do others use for printing to Cds? Would be interested in trying others out.

View Post

I use a Canon MP830 printer, found a guy on ebay who sells the cartridge and tells you how to change the firmware to recognize euro to be able to print to cd or dvd, works excellent!

#3 bfctyke4life

bfctyke4life

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 08:22 PM

I use the Epson R220,works great for me

#4 skunkybob

skunkybob

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 10:24 AM

I use an older Epson model, the R200, its getting a bit sticky loading but a gentle help works but am upgrading to the all-in-one Epson 560 ,once the cheap ink cartridges appear for it smile.gif

#5 cdproject

cdproject

Rookie

• 11 posts
  • Covers:3

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:48 PM

I'm using a Canon iP5300R. For full face printable's I have set a custom label (inner circle 17mm and Outer 117mm) Works a treat and print quality is superb....and five separate ink cartridges keeps costs down to those that are empty. I was given a top tip by a photographer friend of mine, "the more the printer costs to buy the cheaper to run"....and he's proven to be spot on
user posted image

#6 belveder

belveder

Rookie

• 15 posts
  • Covers:119

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:50 PM

I use a Canaon Pixma MP500, and Nero cover dsigner to print on the discs, no troubles at all
user posted image

#7 djbezz

djbezz

Rookie

• 21 posts
  • Covers:23

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:04 AM

I use Epson's R265 after my 950 finally died after 6 years of good service. I would recommend this as the cartridges are the cheapest i've seen for originals and the printer itself is cheap as well. I don't know about the more expensive the printer the cheaper the running costs: Photo 950 360 (when new) cartridges 13 a piece, R265 85 and cartridges around 7. It doesn't waste as much ink as the 950 did either. Must be an Epson thing eh?

#8 potvin

potvin

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • Covers:8

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:20 AM

I have two printers that I run simultaneously smile.gif
Epson R220 and R260

#9 Big_Stu_1972

Big_Stu_1972

• 40 posts
  • Covers:15

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:18 PM

i've got a HP C5280 which was recommended to me by a 'friend'

little did i know that when the ink runs out it costs a small fortune for a new cartridge
where as i found out later Epson cartridges are availible for as little as 1.00 not the 15.00 i have to pay and you can get seperate colour cartridges for the epsom but not for the HP which uses a tri colour cartridge.the quality is great but hell its expensive to run, even with refills by cartridge world

needless to say i went out and had a few choice words to say to my forementioned 'Friend' lol

anyone looking to buy a second hand HP Printer let me know whistling.gif

think i'll replace it with an epsom ASAP

#10 Bimbobaggings

Bimbobaggings

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

I have 3  printers for printing with:

Epson Stylus Photo R300 cannot get this one working on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. So i use it on an XP.

Epson Stylus Photo PX660 all-in-one Not used this one yet as i was awaiting a tray. Have the tray now so will try it out.

Canon Pixma MP600 all-in-one Not used this one yet as i was awaiting a tray. Have the tray now, so will also give this a try.

I use the software supplied with these printers.

The R300 has always performed very well for me, but needs heads cleaning quite a lot lately.

Will update this when i give the other two a trial and let you know.

#11 nosidam

nosidam

Advanced Member

• Elite Member
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Garden & My Pet Dogs
    Both Cocker Spanials
  • Covers:1076

• Rank (last 60 days):
    3rd in DVD Movie
    4th in HD-DVD Movie

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:11 PM

I use the Canon IP 7250 and I can't fault it a great printer for both discs and covers, compatable catriges are pritty good to .

#12 eitltd

eitltd

• Gold Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:41 PM

I use nothing but Epson for printing direct to CD/DVD. The CD/DVD software is easy and intuitive. You don't need a separate DVD authoring software. Bimbobaggings, the problem your having with your R300 is not because it won't work with 64bit, it is your OS. Get a used mac and all your printers will work better. Canon printers are OK, but their CD/DVD printing software is terrible. I would not use HP if I got it free.

#13 denfiddich

denfiddich

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:27 PM

I use an Epson p50 which i have attatched a waste ink tank, this saves the sponges filling up and annual servis demands.

compatable ink is cheap at around £1.20 a cartridge

#14 DDRAMbo

DDRAMbo

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:09 PM

I've been using an Epson XP610 All-in-One for over a year. I'm impressed with how long I can go without printing anything and still get back into printing with maybe a couple cleaning cycles. I tried Canon for several years, but finally got fed up with the printhead issues along with problems with refilled cartridges. This Epson is much more resistant to clogging the printheads, and Epson doesn't seem to care if I prefer generic refills over theirs. The scanner however is so bad I had to get a CanoScan 8600F.

#15 bridges

bridges

• Gold Member
  • 43 posts
  • Covers:917

• Rank (last 60 days):
    97th in Blu-Ray Movie
    41st in PC Games
    7th in TV Series

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:32 AM

I use an Epson Artisan 730 All in One printer scanner, am running a continuos inking system with it.

Have been using it since it was released some years ago now.

Here is a tip when using any Epson Printer, if you use non originals NEVER do the updates for the printer.

As what happens is it updates the firmware and stops you from using non original ink.