• 2,298 posts
  • Covers:6101

• Rank (last 60 days):
    4th in Blu-Ray Movie
    20th in PC Games
    10th in Playstation 3
    12th in TV Series

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:32 AM

I like UndercoverXP but is there something out there for an Intel Mac that does what this program does maybe better that is free?

I'm planning on a shiny new iMac in the next couple of weeks i've been searching for alternatives from windows and i have most of them sorted out.

suggestions much appreciated.

#2 ouchyfoot

ouchyfoot

Blue Meanie

• Elite Member
  • 3,926 posts
  • Covers:390

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE(Riia @ Apr 17 2008, 05:32 AM)
I like UndercoverXP but is there something out there for an Intel Mac that does what this program does maybe better that is free?

I'm planning on a shiny new iMac in the next couple of weeks i've been searching for alternatives from windows and i have most of them sorted out.

suggestions much appreciated.

View Post

I don't think there are any free cover programs for mac. The first one I tried is called DiscLabel by Smile On My Mac. I found it a bit convoluted and complicated for what it does {although I never did read the instructions}.[I think you can download it for free to check it out, but it will print sample accross the face until you pay] Then I bought Roxio Toast 8 Platinum...this is/was the top of the line Roxio burning program for mac. It came with a program called Disc Cover, and I like it very much.{also sold seperately} What I liked best about this one is that I can print two separate slimline covers {front and back] on one piece of paper without running it through the printer four times. For best aliligment use the SureThing front and back offset templates. Drag your two front covers into the templates...print...switch to back{reverse} templates...drag your covers...reverse paper...it's great.

Roxio has a new one out right now...{Toast 9 Platinum}...with all the new blue ray and other stuff. It's new and it's on sale...best time to buy...but I don't know if it comes with Disc Cover...but you should get it, it's a great burning program...and more. You can buy Disc Cover seperately...it's got even more options.

Anyway...just research all the stuff I've underlined for yourself...and get all confused.

#3 Riia

Riia

Advanced Member

• Elite Member
  • 2,298 posts
  • Covers:6101

• Rank (last 60 days):
    4th in Blu-Ray Movie
    20th in PC Games
    10th in Playstation 3
    12th in TV Series

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:26 AM

i'm getting Toast with my Mac. i'll find out if it has disc cover on it.

#4 Swampthing

Swampthing

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:25 PM

I use iTunes to print out the fronts and discus for the backs, easy as !!

#5 modless

modless

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE(ouchyfoot @ Apr 18 2008, 12:59 AM)
I don't think there are any free cover programs for mac. The first one I tried is called DiscLabel by Smile On My Mac. I found it a bit convoluted and complicated for what it does {although I never did read the instructions}.[I think you can download it for free to check it out, but it will print sample accross the face until you pay] Then I bought Roxio Toast 8 Platinum...this is/was the top of the line Roxio burning program for mac. It came with a program called Disc Cover, and I like it very much.{also sold seperately} What I liked best about this one is that I can print two separate slimline covers {front and back] on one piece of paper without running it through the printer four times. For best aliligment use the SureThing front and back offset templates. Drag your two front covers into the templates...print...switch to back{reverse} templates...drag your covers...reverse paper...it's great.

Roxio has a new one out right now...{Toast 9 Platinum}...with all the new blue ray and other stuff. It's new and it's on sale...best time to buy...but I don't know if it comes with Disc Cover...but you should get it, it's a great burning program...and more. You can buy Disc Cover seperately...it's got even more options.

Anyway...just research all the stuff I've underlined for yourself...and get all confused.

View Post

Attached Files