#1 Angeldust727

Angeldust727

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:18 PM

Hi there everyone,

My Name Is Vanessa & I need HELP!!!
I have purchased the new WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE and I cannot seem to get it to recognize my INTERNET CONNECTION OR MY 128K ISDN TINY USB MODEM at all!
The light of my modem don't even light up!
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZE HELP ME! confused.gif

#2 memoman

memoman

Advanced Member

• 111 posts
  • Covers:32

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE(Angeldust727 @ Feb 12 2007, 05:18 PM)
Hi there everyone,

I have purchased the new WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE and I cannot seem to get it to recognize my INTERNET CONNECTION OR MY 128K ISDN TINY USB MODEM at all!
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZE HELP ME!  confused.gif

View Post

hi welcome to the board
sounds like you need updated drivers but check if your modem is supported by vista i heard to even instll a digital camera you need to download a license from microsoft ,but i think a fact.thats not .however thinking about it if you have no lights onyour modem it sounds like it could also a dead modem or power supply do you not even have a power light? do you other usb devices work ok. does windows ask for you to insert a disk?.
user posted image

#3 Angeldust727

Angeldust727

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(memoman @ Feb 12 2007, 06:20 PM)
hi welcome to the board
sounds like you need updated drivers but check if your modem is supported by vista i heard to even instll a digital camera you need to download a license from microsoft ,but i think a fact.thats not .however thinking about it if you have no lights onyour modem it sounds like it could also a dead modem or power supply do you not even have a power light? do you other usb devices work ok. does windows ask for  you to insert a disk?.

View Post

Hi again,
I am presently using that usb modem on a different pc along with windows xp.
Yes, vista asks for the install disk and installs the drivers just fine, but does not recognize them to connect the modem or install the modem as it should.
I have been searching for updated drives, but can't find any...anywhere.
I have also made phone contact with microsoft about this problem but they cannot help me.
Marconi is the manufacturer of the usb modem and they cannot help me either.
NOW WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST I DO?

#4 cheftaz

cheftaz

• 32 posts
  • Covers:113

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:47 PM

Wow yet another issue with Vista. Haven't heard too many good things about it yet. Glad I don't have it and won't get it til at least service pack2

#5 memoman

memoman

Advanced Member

• 111 posts
  • Covers:32

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE(Angeldust727 @ Feb 12 2007, 07:30 PM)
Hi again,
I am presently using that usb modem on a different pc along with windows xp.
Yes, vista asks for the install disk and installs the drivers just fine, but does not recognize them to connect the modem or install the modem as it should.
I have been searching for updated drives, but can't find any...anywhere.
I have also made phone contact with microsoft about this problem but they cannot help me.
Marconi is the manufacturer of the usb modem and they cannot help me either.
NOW WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST I DO?

View Post

was vista pre installed or have you upgraded.vista is still a little behind with driver updates and compatability issues.i have heard or a forum that specilises with drivers etc but i cannot recall the name of it at the moment.i know that the forum on www.netmag.co.uk is work a look at.I got service pack 2 of a member of the editorial staff before it was widely circulated.It's a long shot..still sounds like a driver issue/compatability issue.does the driver software disc say it is compatable with vista?you have proved it works with xp machine but vista is a different beast..sorry i cannot be of more help at this time.
user posted image

#6 Budster

Budster

EX Aussie Complaints Dept

• Gold Member
  • 3,051 posts
  • Interests:Trying to stop the Wife and Daughters from KILLING me
  • Covers:3162

• Rank (last 60 days):
    14th in HD-DVD Movie
    6th in Music DVD
    2nd in Other
    4th in PSP
    8th in TV Series

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE(Angeldust727 @ Feb 13 2007, 04:18 AM)
Hi there everyone,

View Post

I also bought vista and was inform by my service provider that I would be unable to connect until July 2007
As drivers for my modem are not compatable
Posted ImagePosted Image

R.I.P
PJC

#7 jim9

jim9

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 288 posts
  • Covers:276

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:03 PM

I've heard way too many bad things about vista. I won't be using it as I don't believe microsoft should be able to delete programes OFF my comp because it doesn't like them...i.e...dvd shrink..rip it for me...dvd decrypter..etc censored.gif censored.gif censored.gif censored.gif

Plus the hacks for vista are out already and have been since xmas if not before... eek.gif eek.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif

United we stand - Divided we fall ..... None shall divide us[COLOR=blue][B]

#8 Rob

Rob

Developer

• Admin
  • 801 posts
  • Covers:23

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:34 PM

i didnt think they'd properly cracked vista activation yet, just got it to last until end of beta period (july 07?). but anyway, i dont think ill be using it at home for another few years till there is more support

we've got some licenses for it at work though and ive messed around with it, it has some nice features, unfortunately i couldnt use aero as the business edition we have doesnt come with it!

mind you, if/when we do roll out vista over xp in a few years time it'll probably have loads of stuff disabled and be using the classic theme again!

i used one of the public beta's a few months back but drivers wernt available for my graphics card, so again, i didnt get to test drive aero. cant really criticise though, it was a BETA afterall.

i know some people are dissapointed with their "free vista upgrade". The shops they bought it from tell them all their programs will still work and they wont lose any data... yea right shit.gif

#9 Stella99

Stella99

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:54 PM

If you're thinking of "buying" Vista & use it read this http://www.cs.auckla...vista_cost.html Get a can or 2 first, it's long but full of why Vista is really Windows Hollywood........... eek.gif

#10 Gman2

Gman2

Rookie

• 28 posts
  • Covers:31

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE(jim9 @ Feb 13 2007, 11:03 PM)
I've heard way too many bad things about vista. I won't be using it as I don't believe microsoft should be able to delete programes OFF my comp because it doesn't like them...i.e...dvd shrink..rip it for me...dvd decrypter..etc censored.gif  censored.gif  censored.gif  censored.gif

Plus the hacks for vista are out already and have been since xmas if not before... eek.gif  eek.gif  whistling.gif  whistling.gif

View Post

Is that really true!!! can vista delete stuff it doesn't like. Where have you heard this?

#11 jim9

jim9

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 288 posts
  • Covers:276

Posted 19 February 2007 - 04:05 PM

It's been posted on a few other private sites that I go onto. whistling.gif whistling.gif The guys that wrote the full breakdown on vista is a very well respected person on the site regarding OS software.

Plus he's very handy if I do something that I shouldn't have done..(delete files etc).. bag.gif
United we stand - Divided we fall ..... None shall divide us[COLOR=blue][B]

#12 ouchyfoot

ouchyfoot

Blue Meanie

• Elite Member
  • 3,926 posts
  • Covers:390

Posted 20 February 2007 - 12:28 AM

Talk with your server...you might just need a new modem.

#13 obbis24lb

obbis24lb

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 209 posts
  • Covers:102

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE(Angeldust727 @ Feb 12 2007, 05:18 PM)
Hi there everyone,

View Post

HI THERE,DON'T REALLY UNDERSTAND A LOT OF THE TECHNICAL STUFF, BUT YOU NEED ETHERNET CONNECTION FOR THE NEW VISTA SYSTEM OR SO I HAVE READ MAYBE THIS WILL HELP cheers.gif JOHN..

#14 manchester_sounds_mp3

manchester_sounds_mp3

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 2 posts
  • Covers:17

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:46 PM

I upgraded to vista checked with microsoft what i would need to run vista , it told me to download a patch for my printer. tried to print after installing vista basically it said why are you trying to censored.gif print you have no printer installed, all the software for printer was in the program files but vista could not find it. also why use the most secure operating system around that needs security updates as soon as you install it

#15 silent assassin

silent assassin

Rookie

• 17 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:48 AM

thanks

#16 jpa187

jpa187

Rookie

• 10 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:45 PM

I havn't had any problem connecting to the internet with Vista, actually I've had no problems at all. Even going to the Control Panel and setting up a Internet Connection might help, its just a suggestion, might work, might not. Other than the OS not letting your modem connect, you might just have to get a new modem.