danr6

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Covers:40

Posted 17 November 2005 - 01:53 AM

NOD32 Anti-Virus

NOD32 Antivirus System provides well balanced, state-of-the-art protection against threats endangering your PC and enterprise systems running various platforms from Microsoft Windows 95 / 98 / ME / NT / 2000 / 2003 / XP, through a number of UNIX/Linux, Novell, MS DOS operating systems to Microsoft Exchange Server, Lotus Domino and other mail servers.
Viruses, worms, trojans and other malware are kept out of striking distance of your valuable data. Advanced detection methods implemented in the software even provide protection against the future threats from most of the new worms and viruses.
The fourth generation of the NOD32 Antivirus System features a fully integrated software suite characterized by an unprecedented detection track record, the fastest scanning rates and extremely low utilization of system resources.
NOD32's detection efficiency combined with 2-50 times faster hard disk scanning rate earned the product many international prestigious awards. NOD32 is the world leader of the Virus Bulletin 100% Awards having won more awards (23) than any competing product. Since its first submission for testing in May 1998, NOD32 was the only tested product that has never missed a single In the Wild virus. NOD32 has been selected as the "Antivirus program of 2001" by Australian PC User magazine, "Best Buy, Best Performance, Best Value" by the independent UK Consumer's Association. For selected list of awards, please, click here.

Information:
http://www.eset.com/...ts/products.htm

Link:
no warez links

Trial:
http://www.eset.com/download/trial.htm

eek.gif clap.gif eek.gif

Edited by Ad0o, 21 December 2005 - 10:25 AM.

#2 procter

procter

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:47 AM

ill stick with mcafee its a lot better tongue.gif

#3 Tom_giles

Tom_giles

Rookie

• 11 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 01:48 AM

Irl stick to Kaspersky n a hacked version of Z-A with out the bundle crap ya get wid Z-A, Kaspersky is the best out i think
user posted image

#4 jbelder

jbelder

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE(procter @ Dec 21 2005, 01:47 AM)

View Post

I guess you better do more research Nod32 is the best on the market It's the only one to score 100% year to year from Virus Bulletin http://www.virusbtn.com/index. Look at the VB100% tests at this site. Plus it has a much smaller footprint and is not a resource hog. biggrin.gif

#5 Lugger067

Lugger067

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 12 posts
  • Covers:9

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:34 PM

I've used nod32 for the last 3 months can't fault it plus it updates everyday so you know if anything new is out there you're protected.

#6 JupiterSSJ4

JupiterSSJ4

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 03:47 AM

I ue nod32 as well, not one virus since I installed it.

Way better than any other antivirus plus the memory usuage is so low, you barely even know its running

#7 sixnine:design

sixnine:design

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 72 posts
  • Covers:29

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:04 AM

I switched over to NOD32 about 6 months ago. I really like it. It picked up 3 virus Norton didn't.
Close your eyes and you will see clearly
Cease to listen and you will hear the truth.......

#8 sb4100

sb4100

Sb4100

• Elite Member
  • 6,533 posts
  • Interests:Many Interests
  • Covers:30890

• Rank (last 60 days):
    2nd in Anime DVD
    2nd in DVD Movie
    4th in HD-DVD Movie
    2nd in Music DVD
    19th in Other Console
    3rd in Playstation 3
    2nd in TV Series
    19th in VCD

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:18 PM

i also use mcafee

#9 snips

snips

Elite Member

• Elite Member
  • 1,368 posts
  • Interests:computer games <br />dvds
  • Covers:65

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:25 PM

just download nod--------uninstalled norton & replaced with nod and i have to say it looking pretty good taz.gif

#10 binaryking

binaryking

• 42 posts
  • Covers:27

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE(procter @ Dec 21 2005, 03:47 AM)

View Post

Yeah stick with one of two top virus targets. Smart. You could only do worse by running Norton. The safest AV software is the least known about. NOD32 is good, so is AVG Free. I mean ANY AV software will provide you with SOME layer of protection, however virus' are written everyday to exploit bugs in both Norton and McAfee because of their popularity. Also, both companies have had instances in the past year of defining NON virus files as viruses. Which is bad when you have auto delete set, which I believe is the default. afro.gif

Also just yesterday my buddy couldn't bring up his task manager. Yet with the latest virus defs in Norton, it found no virus. So I told him to run AVG Free and see what it finds and sure enough, got 2. Killed em and all was well again. Needless to say he doesn't use Norton anymore.
user posted image

#11 glynnster

glynnster

Elite Member

• Elite Member
  • 1,877 posts
  • Interests:Movies
    Football
    freebies
    computers
  • Covers:13

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:50 PM

I used to use Zone Alarm but had a few problems with it now i use Kaspersky and up to press no problems at all. I also use AVG as well. thumbup.gif

#12 J.P.

J.P.

• 32 posts
  • Covers:4

Posted 28 October 2006 - 04:26 PM

I'm using Kaspersky right now. But once my subscription is over I am switching to nod32. I've read a few independent reports on it and while Kaspersky is good, nod is better. It's less expensive than alot of what's out there also. Especially when you do multi year plans.
Posted Image

#13 cdproject

cdproject

Rookie

• 11 posts
  • Covers:3

Posted 11 December 2006 - 08:15 PM

Got NOD32 on my laptop and its damn good. I run Kaspersky on my Desktop and not had a virus on either. Personally I hate Nortons and McAfee as they're bloated and heavy on resources. I did use BitDefender which is also pretty good.
user posted image

#14 pooper

pooper

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE(procter @ Dec 21 2005, 07:47 AM)

View Post

That made me choke on my drink!

#15 BUBBA

BUBBA

Advanced Member

• 510 posts
  • Covers:1

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:40 PM

Norton is the best in my books, but that is my opinion

#16 evilrick

evilrick

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 10:21 PM

any one here ever use avast???

#17 jim9

jim9

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 288 posts
  • Covers:276

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:10 PM

I just installed norton 2007 and boy does it slow the computer down censored.gif censored.gif

Been hearing about all these other software prog's mentioned above...so maybe give them ago after new yr cheers.gif cheers.gif
United we stand - Divided we fall ..... None shall divide us[COLOR=blue][B]

#18 o4jakes

o4jakes

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • Interests:Walk That Bass

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:05 AM

I've been using AVG for a few years now and haven't had any problems, but how would you know if your virus scanner is picking up everything because if it scans and finds nothing, you believe it. Thats not to say another virus scanner wouldn't find something.

#19 wbk666

wbk666

Rookie

• 12 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:45 AM

recently changed over to nod and must say im happy with it.
f-prot isnt bad either
used to have norton installed but when i ran nod it found things norton had missed

#20 Gman2

Gman2

Rookie

• 28 posts
  • Covers:31

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:53 PM

Been using Nod for a few months now. once its installed you just forget about it and let it do it's job. Great stuff