#1 ng5ste

ng5ste

Rookie

• 10 posts
  • Covers:265

• Rank (last 60 days):
    77th in DVD Movie

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:08 PM

hi everyone, i like designing covers but the problem im having is: film company logos & certificate logos, when i place them onto the cover they appear in square boxes, just wondered how you get a logo onto a cover without the background box its in, help please

#2 Hacker Jack

Hacker Jack

Hired Assassin

• 532 posts
  • Location:That little place in my head the Dr. told me to stay away from...
  • Covers:1602

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:48 PM

First of all I need to know what program you are creating them with.  I may be able to just PM you an entire collection that you can use in .PDS format but without knowing what you are using there isn't much I can help you with right now.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Fogdude

Fogdude

Dudeist Priest

• Gold Member
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Mostly, I like anything that goes bang when I pull the trigger.
  • Covers:568

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:13 AM

hi everyone, i like designing covers but the problem im having is: film company logos & certificate logos, when i place them onto the cover they appear in square boxes, just wondered how you get a logo onto a cover without the background box its in, help please

Sounds like you're using JPG logos that were copied from posters or covers or screen grabs. The problem with that source is they have backgrounds. Removing those backgrounds is often difficult, if not outright impossible, but the only way to use clean logos on a cover is if they're in a PNG or some other format that provides for transparent backgrounds. As HJ has pointed out, it's difficult to be able to advise when we have no idea what tool you're using. If you're using PhotoShop, there are many YouTube tutorials on isolating logos from solid color backgrounds, but if the background is at all complicated, you're pretty much on your own.

I just look at the pictures.

#4 ng5ste

ng5ste

Rookie

• 10 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    77th in DVD Movie

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:51 PM

First of all I need to know what program you are creating them with.  I may be able to just PM you an entire collection that you can use in .PDS format but without knowing what you are using there isn't much I can help you with right now.

Hi, thanks for your reply, I mainly use paint but willing to change to any program you suggest if it makes my life easier, lol,

#5 Hacker Jack

Hacker Jack

Hired Assassin

• 532 posts
  • Location:That little place in my head the Dr. told me to stay away from...
  • Covers:1602

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:34 PM

Which program to use is always up for debate because there a few to choose from.  I use Photoshop myself and that is what I have templates and logos all set up for.  Hopefully some one who uses Paint can respond with more help than I can be on the subject.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 ng5ste

ng5ste

Rookie

• 10 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    77th in DVD Movie

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:21 PM

ok thanks for your reply