• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rivyn

Rivyn

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:29 PM

Hi, look I'm new to this whole printing my own covers thing and I'm running into a persistent  problem

I need to print some ps2 covers and they're too small

I dont know if anyone else has ran into this problem, but I've already wasted a ton of ink and I keep ending up with covers that are way too big or covers that are somewhere between the size of a PS3 and PS2 cover insert

I tried printing the covers as the were when they're downloaded but they always come out too small, like they havent been sized properly

I tried using UnderCover10 and the same thing

How do I correct this problem?

#2 tricky1ricky

tricky1ricky

Ol' Git

• Gold Member
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Repairing other people's pc's, watching films & eating Italian food
  • Covers:380

• Rank (last 60 days):
    72nd in DVD Movie

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:18 PM

Hi there ?

Firstly, the covers should be approximately 3240 x 2175 @ 300pixels for a standard cover so you should resize them with whatever program you use.

Where you will run into trouble is the width of the spine. This can vary so much. I've made about 6 templates for 2-way, 3-way etc all with different spine widths

With my  template for the standard size, with guide lines to fit the spine, (this is where you get a few wastes to get it right), I then crop the downloaded cover into three - the front, rear and spine.

I then overlay each part, stretching top or bottom to fit the template, saving as one file and then print.

Takes a bit of time to get the first rough draft done, with a few wastes, then as long as you buy the same sized cases, your good to go .....

regards

Rick

#3 Rivyn

Rivyn

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:43 PM

3240 x 2175 what?

As for programs I've tried, I've tried photoshop and undercover10

With photoshop I've tried scanning an actual PS2 cover and overlayed the downloaded cover over the top and the program reckoned they were the same size.

With Undercover10 i selected standard DVD case (even tried Xbox360 since they're both the same size as a PS2 case) and that didnt work either

All i managed to do was get the width right, but I cant get the friggin height now.

#4 Fogdude

Fogdude

Dudeist Priest

• Gold Member
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Mostly, I like anything that goes bang when I pull the trigger.
  • Covers:568

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:26 PM

3240 x 2175 what?

As for programs I've tried, I've tried photoshop and undercover10

With photoshop I've tried scanning an actual PS2 cover and overlayed the downloaded cover over the top and the program reckoned they were the same size.

With Undercover10 i selected standard DVD case (even tried Xbox360 since they're both the same size as a PS2 case) and that didnt work either

All i managed to do was get the width right, but I cant get the friggin height now.

I'd set up a Word document with the borders set to the dimensions of the cover you want to print, then load an image into it & pull the edges of the image to meet the borders. You may get some distortion on really odd sized images, but overall, it works for anything.

By 3240x2175 he's talking about the pixels for width x height for a standard DVD case. That won't apply to your PS3 covers.

I just look at the pictures.

#5 Rivyn

Rivyn

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:45 AM

3240x2175 is still way too small

i only makes it fractionally bigger than the cover i'm trying to print

#6 Hacker Jack

Hacker Jack

Hired Assassin

• 532 posts
  • Location:That little place in my head the Dr. told me to stay away from...
  • Covers:1602

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:43 AM

Change your printer settings to "portrait" when doing covers or use a program that will auto adjust this for you.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 harleymcfarley

harleymcfarley

Elite Member

• Elite Member
  • 86 posts
  • Covers:49442

• Rank (last 60 days):
    4th in Music CD
    10th in Music DVD
    8th in Other

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:43 AM

I use DVDPrint from Dancemammal.  I only print out DVD covers and CD covers.  The CD covers are exact but the DVD covers are a bit wide.  The height is exact. I need to trim a bit off each side so it fits properly on DVD cover setting.  It has choices for several types of covers including Playstation.  It used to allow you to try it out before purchasing it, but that was 4 years ago.  It prints DVDPrint advertising across the test covers, but once you purchase it the advertising goes away.

harleymcfarley

#8 The Wizard

The Wizard

Rookie

• 19 posts
  • Covers:33

• Rank (last 60 days):
    91st in DVD Movie

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:04 PM

Aren't PS2 boxes the same size as a Movie DVD Box? if so, goto Undercoverxp and use their free program, select picture, choose DVD Box (select cut lines if desired) and print. Job done

Posted Image

#9 pauliner

pauliner

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 07:11 PM

You mean I need a printer to get free movie covers for my movies they're vhs tapes