• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Heartbeatau

Heartbeatau

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:51 AM

Hey, who is the best program to print covers, I have used so far but I feel incomplete UndercoverXp because if I wanted to print something trilogy can not, for example, 3 DVDs, so after a review that is voasta way better program or what program you use and are very happy, thank you!

Acoustica CD / DVD Label Maker the best out there been using it for 7 Years now and cheap..

#22 Beetle218

Beetle218

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:44 PM

Good info here, thanks!

#23 jono77

jono77

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 02:49 PM

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me how to print CD cover the correct size? I have been left 3,000+ CD's in a will but all are missing the back covers. I have looked for this answer on the site but help search returns nothing on printing actual size.

Hope someone can help.

Jono

#24 lmockie

lmockie

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:59 PM

I also am new to all of this. Is there a set of instructions on what to do step by step?

#25 Fogdude

Fogdude

Dudeist Priest

• Gold Member
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Mostly, I like anything that goes bang when I pull the trigger.
  • Covers:568

Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:23 PM

I also am new to all of this. Is there a set of instructions on what to do step by step?

If you download covers from here, most are already of the proper dimensions. Just print them. If some are smaller or larger, the easiest thing to do is set up a Word (MS-Office) or Writer (OpenOffice) document with the print area you want, which should be roughly 10.8" by 7.25", landscape. Then simply import a cover image & size it to fit the print area & print it. That's what I do. I buy premium standard (14mm spine) cases that hold 1 to 6 DVDs, so the basic size is always the same. Unfortunately, there is always some variation in the cases, especially from different manufacturers, so when I get a new batch, I print one & if it's off by too much, I adjust the dimensions & print again, making note that this batch needs different settings. It's not terribly complicated or difficult & you don't need special software.

I just look at the pictures.

#26 Walter Hill

Walter Hill

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 03:31 PM

Used to use free covers,net with undercover,net, Been away from printing cd inserts for a number of years. Tried to resume printing cd inserts and find that I can download covers but not inserts. They come out way too big and notice undercover site has eliminated all different size cover choices. Gotten nowhere with reaching them. You got any step by step instructions how to get back in groove?  louthump 34 is my name. Also Walter Hill. Am now in my 80's, Am a little on slow side and make use of printed instructions for doing my thing, Hope you can help me .

#27 drsleep

drsleep

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 01:40 AM

I've been using Nero Cover Designer for years, which has templates for many different stocks of papers (Memorex, Neato, Avery, etc). This comes with every edition of Nero, including OEMs which ship with a lot of DVD burners. I just bought an external ASUS Blu Ray burner, which comes witth Cyberlink software, as due most of the Blu Ray burners I've looked into beforehand. The LabelPrint software priints on CD jewel cases labels, so i's fairly worthless.

Nero CoverDesigner can be downloaded free at http://nero-coverdes...n.softonic.com/

You can find other label printing free software there, as well.

I've been using freecovers.net for years, but this is my first post to the forum. I hope to become a more helpful and contributive member in the community. I am interested mostly in Japanese ANIME covers and appreciate how FreeCovers has grown in this area.

Best,

Dr Sleep

#28 drsleep

drsleep

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:17 AM

You got any step by step instructions how to get back in groove?  louthump 34 is my name. Also Walter Hill. Am now in my 80's, Am a little on slow side and make use of printed instructions for doing my thing, Hope you can help me .

Walter, 

Fogdude's advice is on the money. The printing dimensions of 10.8 by 7.25 will accommodate the covers from this site. I generally resample all of my covers to 3240 by 2175, which are the equivilent ratio in pixels. (This often requires further refinement using Gaussian Blur and Unsharpmask in Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop -- effects available in most imaging software, but I digress...) As I mentioned in a previous post, Nero CoverDesigner does most of the dimensional work for you. Just import a cover image and print away. (I don't own stock in Nero or work for them. I only use CoverDesigner and Nero Recode out of their whole suite of programs.)

(I could email you my methods for achieving the best look and fit, since I hesitate to take up a lot of space in this forum, unless others wish it also... I'm new to the forum but like you, have been burning DVDs and printing covers for years. I'm 59, and was out of action for a number of years until recently.  Burning anime and films is now my major leisurely activity (is that sad for a guy my age?). But since I just bought a nice HD TV, Blu Ray player and a new and fairly powerful laptop with HD capabilities, I'm now making the move to Blu Ray.

Dr Sleep

#29 alejandratd4

alejandratd4

• 30 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:40 AM

Started unusual cobweb predict http://sissyblog.twi...?register.dania sexy chat erotic chatbot sex show erotic exercise erotic writings