• 2,297 posts
  • Covers:6006

• Rank (last 60 days):
    4th in Blu-Ray Movie
    20th in PC Games
    10th in Playstation 3
    12th in TV Series

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:37 PM

I believe many have had the trouble of not being able to save your progress with this game and I have come to the same problem, even with an exchanged copy its still the same. I will be getting a refund this time round.

Anyone else having this problem or even getting it to save, I've been online and some people have managed to choose what slot they want to save on but I can't get that far as the save dialogue comes and goes within half a second.

When I contacted the manufacture of the game they didn't even care about the actual problem.

So off the game goes back to the store yet again.

#2 Riia

Riia

Advanced Member

• Elite Member
  • 2,297 posts
  • Covers:6006

• Rank (last 60 days):
    4th in Blu-Ray Movie
    20th in PC Games
    10th in Playstation 3
    12th in TV Series

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:36 AM

Update:

I've returned the game and got well sort of a refund, they gave me one of those Gift Card things with the value of the game.

I would like to know if anyone has had any success in saving the game or having this problem and to hear workarounds and solutions.

#3 gibbo247

gibbo247

Bender's drinking buddy

• Elite Member
  • 2,604 posts
  • Covers:100

• Rank (last 60 days):
    16th in Playstation 3

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:23 AM

I've just had a look around, i did serve as a games solutions dude on another site (but we won't go into that) (very bitter story there)......Anyway there does seem to be a problem with it, however it seems that there may be away round it.

WARNING
I no longer have a ps2 or have the game to try this on, so you try this at your own risk

The question

I just started playing and cannot figure out how to save. I press Start to pause the game but the only option I get is to resume game. If I move the left joystick to the circle where it says Save Game, it immediately jumps back to Resume Game. If I hold the joystick where it says Save Game and press X nothing happens.

I have played both Tomb Raider Legend and Tomb Raider Anniversay with no problems but find this new game quite different and a bit frustrating.

Can someone please tell me how to save or is my disk defective?

the reply was:

What you're doing with the joystick and X combination is quite correct, but then you have to move the joystick over to one of the 4 save slots on the righthand side of the menu circle

(These are the 4 icons that are not highlighted)

In the words of Bender "Yep! We're Boned !!! " Futurama the movie "Benders's big score"

ReallyDangerous.jpgThisIsMyHappyFace.jpgWereOutOfIceCream.jpgtag.gif

#4 Guest_ianmcbell_*

Guest_ianmcbell_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:43 PM

I think Tomb Raider is and has been one of the best games for Playstation, ok its had its faults but hopefully it will carry on and get better as the years go on Posted Image