• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 909stevep

909stevep

Experienced Rookie

• 22 posts
  • Covers:148

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:27 AM

Hi, I have been thinking of getting a VPN, is anyone here using one? if so any and all info would be greatly appreciated, I'm not sure which one would be best, Some of the info I'm looking for is price, if it allows torrent downloads, speed, and ease of use, thanks

#2 harleymcfarley

harleymcfarley

Elite Member

• Elite Member
  • 86 posts
  • Covers:49442

• Rank (last 60 days):
    4th in Music CD
    10th in Music DVD
    8th in Other

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:34 PM

Express VPN allows file sharing and they will not give your information to anyone.  When your VPN changes your IP address, it leaves your information vulnerable to those looking for it, however, Express VPN uses a kill switch app that prevents this from happening.  You can pay a monthly rate of $13 a month or a yearly rate of about $100 per year.  It also does not keep any logs, so you can't be traced to anything you do online.

#3 Fogdude

Fogdude

Dudeist Priest

• Gold Member
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Mostly, I like anything that goes bang when I pull the trigger.
  • Covers:568

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:14 PM

I hadn't heard of Express VPN & was dubious about them, but from what I've seen & read, they're worth a look. I may try them out, though I already have a free VPN service with my Usenet service. The Express VPN has a router app that you can run on your home router that gives every device connected through it the same full protection, all for the one price. If you buy separate apps, you can connect 3 machines, at most, at one time, then you need another license. The Router app looks like the way to go, unless you're using it on your phone or traveling laptop. In that case, you'll nee the separate app. Still, you can be connected from 3 devices on one account, simultaneously, though you can install it on as many as you like. You just can't connect them all at once. Not bad for the price.

I just look at the pictures.

#4 2getted

2getted

To Each Their Own

• Gold Member
  • 110 posts
  • Covers:508

• Rank (last 60 days):
    25th in DVD Movie

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:36 AM

Good info here at privacytools.io on The Fourteen Eyes, Browser Recommendations and Fingerprints, WebRTC IP Leak Test, Privacy-Conscious Email Providers, Domain Name System, etc.

But best of all is a spreadsheet titled That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart and you'll find a link to it on the site called Spreadsheet with unbiased, independently verifiable data on over 100 VPN services.​ ​Obviously I've removed the hyperlink but you can do a search for "That One Privacy Site VPN Comparison Chart" and you'll find it.

Laughing.man.gif

#5 Fogdude

Fogdude

Dudeist Priest

• Gold Member
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Mostly, I like anything that goes bang when I pull the trigger.
  • Covers:568

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:14 PM

Good info. Thanks, buddy!

I just look at the pictures.

#6 909stevep

909stevep

Experienced Rookie

• 22 posts
  • Covers:148

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:13 AM

Hi, Wanted to say thanks for all the info guys I appreciate it.