• 380 posts
  • Covers:2052

• Rank (last 60 days):
    15th in Anime DVD
    82nd in Blu-Ray Movie
    7th in DVD Movie
    69th in Music DVD

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:24 PM

He just tried to upload another stolen cover!

Artist " Mutti"    https://freedvdcover...2008-r2-german/

C'mon mods! Let's get this inconsiderate clown outta here!

#2 harleymcfarley

harleymcfarley

Elite Member

• Elite Member
  • 86 posts
  • Covers:49442

• Rank (last 60 days):
    4th in Music CD
    10th in Music DVD
    8th in Other

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:44 PM

I'd like to raise the issue with CD covers as well.  Not stolen ones, although I suspect a lot are being grabbed from other sites and upped as is to this site.  For the past few weeks I've been viewing other CD cover uploaders, uploads, and there is a ton of crap that shouldn't be approved, but is being approved.  There is a lot of poorly cropped covers, poor quality covers, and covers that are titled incorrectly according to this sites rules for uploading covers.  Some are even below the 1000x1000 standard size, a lot below, like 845 and I even saw a couple of 500x500's and a 600x600.  If people are going to upload the covers to this site that they get from other sites, or even from music files they've downloaded that came with cover art, then they should still have to clean those covers up and recrop them properly before we accept them on this site.  That doesn't seem to be the case though.  I'd like to see Moderators getting tougher on these uploaders so we can all make use of the covers on this site, instead of having to modify them ourselves before we can use them.  If you want some names, I can provide a few.  These few at least, are regular uploaders, they should know better.

#3 testikle

testikle

Advanced Member

• 380 posts
  • Covers:2052

• Rank (last 60 days):
    15th in Anime DVD
    82nd in Blu-Ray Movie
    7th in DVD Movie
    69th in Music DVD

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:18 PM

Of course...  Supply names!

#4 harleymcfarley

harleymcfarley

Elite Member

• Elite Member
  • 86 posts
  • Covers:49442

• Rank (last 60 days):
    4th in Music CD
    10th in Music DVD
    8th in Other

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:23 AM

I made a detailed list of the covers and the issues with 2 uploaders, twice now, but it disappeared on me when I tried to send it to you, so I give up.  I spent a hour on the list detailing the titling errors and the specific covers in question and detailing how the titles should be titled. 

The 2 main uploaders that are upping poorly cropped covers and cd's are sistemadigitale and jensendk.  The last 40 cover sets they have uploaded have titling errors, poorly cropped covers and poorly cropped cd images.  Go through their last 40 uploads and you'll see what I mean.

It's obvious that they don't do their own scans or they would be a lot better.  I hope they don't quit uploading as they have a lot to share.  I just hate seeing this site turning into a dumping ground for poorly cropped and scanned cover art from other sites and elsewhere. All they have to do is learn how to scan or crop these covers and clean them up before uploading them to the site.   It's not that difficult.

I noticed some recent ones of diplontouvaros' could be cropped better, and are under sized.  There's also a scan of a cassette tape in one of his recent uploads.  I wasn't aware we could scan a cassette tape and up the image.  Appomattox - Lost In Time (1990) & the CD art for The Stuff - The Stuff (1993) are under size and poorly cropped.  Others are under size from his other uploads as well.