14 replies to this topic

#1 SonofAlma

SonofAlma

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 13 posts
  • Covers:146

Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:14 PM

Hi, does anyone have a Hi-Res or at least decent cover for the retail versions of the Taken and/or Predator Trilogy for the Australian region? can't find them anywhere.

#2 2getted

2getted

To Each Their Own

• Gold Member
  • 110 posts
  • Covers:508

• Rank (last 60 days):
    25th in DVD Movie

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:36 AM

I have the Taken Trilogy as R4 but the Predator Trilogy is R2, both are Blu-Ray versions. The Predator Trilogy R2 classifications would be very easy to remove and replace with R4 classification on the cover if that helps. I also have the AVP two movie pack if needed.

Let me know if this is what you're after and I'll unseal them and scan them for the site.

Laughing.man.gif

#3 Hacker Jack

Hacker Jack

Hired Assassin

• 532 posts
  • Location:That little place in my head the Dr. told me to stay away from...
  • Covers:1602

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:58 AM

OMG!   It's almost like Christmas at 2getteds' house.....

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 2getted

2getted

To Each Their Own

• Gold Member
  • 110 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    25th in DVD Movie

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:04 AM

Laughing.man.gif

#5 Hacker Jack

Hacker Jack

Hired Assassin

• 532 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:05 AM

LOL....  OK You get a Browny Button for that one.....

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 2getted

2getted

To Each Their Own

• Gold Member
  • 110 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    25th in DVD Movie

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:33 AM

:santa:   :cheers:

Attached File  Brownie Button.png   10.79KB   0 downloads

Hi, does anyone have a Hi-Res or at least decent cover for the retail versions of the Taken and/or Predator Trilogy for the Australian region? can't find them anywhere.

I'll start on the R4 version of the Taken Trilogy for you now as that will at least fulfil part of your request.

Let me know what you want me to do with the Predator Trilogy considering I only have the R2 version:

• Don't worry about it,
  • Upload the R2 scan, or
  • Modify the cover to match the R4 classification.

If you want me to modify the cover I'll have to check out what an original R4 retail cover looks like to make the accurate changes. So it might take a few days until I can get to a store to check out the original to do so.

Laughing.man.gif

#7 SonofAlma

SonofAlma

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:29 AM

I have the Taken Trilogy as R4 but the Predator Trilogy is R2, both are Blu-Ray versions. The Predator Trilogy R2 classifications would be very easy to remove and replace with R4 classification on the cover if that helps. I also have the AVP two movie pack if needed.

Let me know if this is what you're after and I'll unseal them and scan them for the site.

hi there, just the Taken trilogy would be great for now :) many thanks to you for your help

#8 Hacker Jack

Hacker Jack

Hired Assassin

• 532 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:45 PM

The Taken Trilogy R4 can be found here:

http://www.freecover...cfb7d394848653/

Courtesy of 2getted....

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 2getted

2getted

To Each Their Own

• Gold Member
  • 110 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    25th in DVD Movie

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:01 AM

Wow that was a quick approval. I didn't even have time to check to see if it was done myself. There's no messing around at this crematorium.

I was surprised that one of the best space saver custom artists tmscrapbook hadn't done a cover for these trilogies and I was going to suggest it. But of course one had been made and after searching around I found one for the Taken Trilogy. But I couldn't find a custom created for the Predator Trilogy, well, not on this site ...  :whistling: 

So if you don't particularly need a retail version have a look at this great custom cover:

http://www.freecover...34369461acf1c3/

Also here's another custom done by americanbadass:

http://www.freecover...d50ca0cdd51acc/

Unfortunately both custom covers have USA classifications and R1 logos on them if that is a concern.

Now for the Predator Trilogy, I'll go ahead and upload the UK R2 retail version I have for now. I will have a look at an R4 retail version to see how easy it will be to convert the cover. To check the differences click on this R2 cover that I will eventually upload:

Attached File  Predator Trilogy - Blu-Ray front.jpg   154.84KB   4 downloads

Laughing.man.gif

#10 SonofAlma

SonofAlma

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:21 AM

Wow that was a quick approval. I didn't even have time to check to see if it was done myself. There's no messing around at this crematorium.

I was surprised that one of the best space saver custom artists tmscrapbook hadn't done a cover for these trilogies and I was going to suggest it. But of course one had been made and after searching around I found one for the Taken Trilogy. But I couldn't find a custom created for the Predator Trilogy, well, not on this site ...  :whistling: 

So if you don't particularly need a retail version have a look at this great custom cover:

http://www.freecover...34369461acf1c3/

Also here's another custom done by americanbadass:

http://www.freecover...d50ca0cdd51acc/

Unfortunately both custom covers have USA classifications and R1 logos on them if that is a concern.

Now for the Predator Trilogy, I'll go ahead and upload the UK R2 retail version I have for now. I will have a look at an R4 retail version to see how easy it will be to convert the cover. To check the differences click on this R2 cover that I will eventually upload:

attachicon.gifPredator Trilogy - Blu-Ray front.jpg

hey, great news, i actually found and bought the Predator Trilogy in Australian region yesterday. so i can go ahead and upload it myself :) also thanks again for uploading the Taken Trilogy cover. saved me a lot of money

#11 SonofAlma

SonofAlma

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

Just uploaded the Predator Trilogy, currently awaiting approval from admin

#12 tmscrapbook

tmscrapbook

Advanced Member

• 1,573 posts
  • Interests:Reading, sewing, exercise, designing spacesaver dvd covers, visiting the grandkids, hanging out with my husband, and watching the Seahawks :)
  • Covers:8652

• Rank (last 60 days):
    8th in Blu-Ray Movie
    15th in DVD Movie
    12th in Soundtrack
    4th in TV Series

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:23 PM

I had created a Predator Trilogy BR version but I can't find it on the site. I just uploaded it. Maybe it will work for you. It is R0 - region free.

#13 SonofAlma

SonofAlma

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:17 AM

the R4 version of the Predator Trilogy was just approved. it can be found here http://www.freecover..._(2010)_R4.html

#14 2getted

2getted

To Each Their Own

• Gold Member
  • 110 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    25th in DVD Movie

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:42 AM

I had created a Predator Trilogy BR version but I can't find it on the site. I just uploaded it. Maybe it will work for you. It is R0 - region free.

I was hoping you would upload it here as I like the layout and the work you did on the front. :thumbup: 

Just uploaded the Predator Trilogy, currently awaiting approval from admin

Thanks for doing that.  :clap: 

I just uploaded the R2 version and it does have quite a different layout especially on the back so it would have taken a bit of work to convert it to an R4 version. I do think the spine on the R4 version is a lot better, but it's annoying the way Australia went with these oversized classification symbols on the covers. They tend to take up too much of the artwork area. I think the Danish version is the best example of minimal classification labelling and it allows for better sized synopsis text on the back compared to the R4 and R2 version. 

Well I think we've covered these two trilogies quite well now.  :cheers:

Laughing.man.gif

#15 SonofAlma

SonofAlma

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:12 AM

I was hoping you would upload it here as I like the layout and the work you did on the front. :thumbup:

Thanks for doing that.  :clap: 

I just uploaded the R2 version and it does have quite a different layout especially on the back so it would have taken a bit of work to convert it to an R4 version. I do think the spine on the R4 version is a lot better, but it's annoying the way Australia went with these oversized classification symbols on the covers. They tend to take up too much of the artwork area. I think the Danish version is the best example of minimal classification labelling and it allows for better sized synopsis text on the back compared to the R4 and R2 version. 

Well I think we've covered these two trilogies quite well now.  :cheers:

haha for sure :P yeah as a fellow Australian they do tend to make it obvious as to what the movie was classified, unlike America where they just slap it on the back in text so small you have to go out of your way to look for it. unfortunately i'm OCD so i need to have the Australian artwork lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: taken, blu-ray, predator, r4, australia, retail, trilogy, request