Photo

Hacksaw Ridge

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hacker Jack

Hacker Jack

Hired Assassin

• 532 posts
  • Location:That little place in my head the Dr. told me to stay away from...
  • Covers:1602

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:52 AM

I don't often comment on movies but I just finished watching Hacksaw Ridge.  I would have to say that even with all the blood and gore shown because it's primes is about WW2, but it was one of the best faith based movies I have seen in quite some time.  If you can handle the graphic nature of war I highly recommend this movie.  It is based on a true story and is quite inspirational and what one man was able to accomplish is simply amazing.  Having been involved in the 1st Gulf War I saw many things that probably will be with me for life but this movie shows that even in the most horrible times there can be good in anyone.  I watched this movie not expecting it to be faith based and showing what man can accomplish with faith and perseverance.

I highly recommend this movie to anyone who can also handle the gruesome nature of war along with a faith based theme.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 tmscrapbook

tmscrapbook

Advanced Member

• 1,573 posts
  • Interests:Reading, sewing, exercise, designing spacesaver dvd covers, visiting the grandkids, hanging out with my husband, and watching the Seahawks :)
  • Covers:8655

• Rank (last 60 days):
    8th in Blu-Ray Movie
    15th in DVD Movie
    12th in Soundtrack
    4th in TV Series

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:16 AM

I agree 100% :)

#3 2getted

2getted

To Each Their Own

• Gold Member
  • 110 posts
  • Covers:508

• Rank (last 60 days):
    25th in DVD Movie

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:01 AM

Same here. What ever your opinion of him, Mel Gibson has excelled with this. I reckon he might have picked up a few things from his time with We Were Soldiers. I had to keep telling myself that it was a true story while watching it. I'm looking forward to reading the book about this to learn more.

If you haven't seen them yet, I would also recommend Unbroken for its story of the human spirit but the book is a lot better and also The Railway Man for its portrayal of the human spirit and its recovery and capacity to forgive. For me, a big takeaway from The Railway Man was the unselfish role Patricia "Patti" Wallace (Nicole Kidman) played in his recovery.

I think it's only when placed in these horrendous conditions does the human spirit get a chance to honestly demonstrate its full potential and capacity. A shame that these conditions have a chance to occur in the first place though.

Laughing.man.gif

#4 tmscrapbook

tmscrapbook

Advanced Member

• 1,573 posts
  • Interests:Reading, sewing, exercise, designing spacesaver dvd covers, visiting the grandkids, hanging out with my husband, and watching the Seahawks :)
  • Covers:8655

• Rank (last 60 days):
    8th in Blu-Ray Movie
    15th in DVD Movie
    12th in Soundtrack
    4th in TV Series

Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:24 AM

I have seen Unbroken and it was a great movie. I would recommend it to anyone.