• 2,297 posts
  • Covers:5775

• Rank (last 60 days):
    4th in Blu-Ray Movie
    20th in PC Games
    10th in Playstation 3
    12th in TV Series

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:32 PM

OK got an iPod Classic 160GB...mainly because of hardrive size compared to other players, and i could have a large variety of music with me on the go. (didn't know it had games on it, nor did i know it had video and photos and postcards)..mainly music for me)...anyway to the point...

I firstly connected the ipod to car stereo via FM Radio and my god, the sound was terrible, i mean it was that terrible everything was distorted, hissy etc. so i took that back and got my $89.95AUD back and put towards a new CD player with AUX in and USB slot for $199AUD.

Having the iPod connected via USB, it gets charged while you play your music, excellent sound just like a CD. The big downside to this method is: It takes a while to load, by the time it starts playing you can be halfway to where you want to go. The other downside is, the iPod screen shows "Connected" and i can't do ahything with that to selec what i want to play. The CD player itelf plays the files at random which is ok if you're in a hurry, but i still can't select exactly what i want. I can skip a song if i don't want to listen to it and listen to the next one it lays but still not good enough.

Has anyone any ideas on what i can do???

#2 Riia

Riia

Advanced Member

• Elite Member
  • 2,297 posts
  • Covers:5775

• Rank (last 60 days):
    4th in Blu-Ray Movie
    20th in PC Games
    10th in Playstation 3
    12th in TV Series

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:57 AM

the best way i was able to connect my iPod Classic was to connect it from the headphone jack to the AUX IN jack, though this is lesser quality than using the USB, but much better than that FM idea...i can now select what i want to play without witing for it to load...one downside, it runs on pure battery without recharging, but who would drive long enough to run it flat....

#3 the_zappa

the_zappa

His name sounds good in your ear

• 220 posts
  • Covers:3

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:46 PM

I had one of those fm transmitters for my Ipod (5th generation 30gb) and provided it was tuned in correctly it worked fine. It was only until I got to cities that it was a problem because there were more stations on more of the frequencies.

but who would drive long enough to run it flat.

i went to Australia recently and drove from Sydney to Melbourne (stopping oat various places) and it needed charging every couple of days of driving.
So in answer to your question; if you drove non-stop between two cities in Oz you would smile.gif
Meat is murder. Tasty, tasty murder