37 replies to this topic

#21 i say bow wow

i say bow wow

# 2 Dog

• 57 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:33 AM

Nero is best, you can even set it to burn directly to DVD after converting

Let's you do titles & chapters, pick the region you want, or all.
user posted image

#22 sb4100

sb4100

Sb4100

• Elite Member
  • 6,533 posts
  • Interests:Many Interests
  • Covers:30890

• Rank (last 60 days):
    2nd in Anime DVD
    2nd in DVD Movie
    4th in HD-DVD Movie
    2nd in Music DVD
    19th in Other Console
    3rd in Playstation 3
    2nd in TV Series
    19th in VCD

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:09 PM

Roxio for me, but if you really want to save time, get a dvd player that plays it all. takes around 1 to burn the film out and you can put 5 or 6 films on one disk.

#23 i say bow wow

i say bow wow

# 2 Dog

• 57 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:24 PM

Roxio is Ok, but I only use it for CDs
user posted image

#24 dfs0381

dfs0381

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:13 PM

I myself use cucusoft avi to dvd program its easy to use and have never had a problem with it always works it also will convert mpeg and other formats to dvd thats why i got it.

#25 tatozeus

tatozeus

TatoZeus

• 101 posts
  • Interests:custom
  • Covers:93

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:00 AM

ConvertXtoDVD
TatoZeus

#26 brightparis

brightparis

• 31 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:28 AM

I have been using Nero 7.0 for this kind of stuff.It is simply the best.
Download DVD Movies Free

#27 gareth6000

gareth6000

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 535 posts
  • Interests:Buying/renting/borrowing and watching movies.
    Dums/Bass guitar
    Stop motion animation.
  • Covers:249

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:48 PM

If I'm in a hurry then VSO ConvertXtoDVD is brilliant.

If I'm not and want to get creative with menus and alternative audio streams then I use DVD-Lab Pro2 or Magix Movie Edit Pro 11 Plus.
user posted image
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

#28 simsmikea

simsmikea

Bustankle

• 49 posts
  • Interests:music, digital art, vegetables, wildlife, sci fi, Trueblood, Dexter, Mentalist, Later with jools, wine, surgery, Radiohead
  • Covers:899

• Rank (last 60 days):
    11th in VCD
    4th in VHS

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:39 AM

2 things here - most downloaded videos of any quality are in VOB form in a TS-Video directory. My PC came with a built in program - NTI CD & DVD maker. This has a DVD Video-TS burning program where you just drag the Video-TS folder and it's burned within 8 mins for a DVD-R. Twice that for a DVD-RW. Very few failures.

Or you have the video editing rigmarole with menus and chapters, converting and so on. Nero doesn't work for me. Burning takes forever. I use AVS Video Editor to prepare the video and convert to DVD PAL format then burn the resulting TS-Video files as above.

Piece a cake.
Bustankle

#29 jim9

jim9

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 288 posts
  • Covers:276

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:23 PM

NTI CD & DVD maker

Got that programme as well on my pc...Wasn't gonna use it, but a movie i converted using Allok AVI to DVD SVCD VCD Converter wouldn't open in dvd shrink, but it opened in tyhe above,

Looks a good wee bit of software clap.gif cheers.gif
United we stand - Divided we fall ..... None shall divide us[COLOR=blue][B]

#30 CompMan1990

CompMan1990

Rookie

• 13 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:33 PM

I use WinAVI, that covers all file types. You need to make sure your movie is in DVD format before you burn it unless it wont work on the DVD player :-). I can convert 1GB a film in about 13 minutes on this computer but may take longer if your computer is less hardware eficiant.

#31 Starscream73

Starscream73

Rookie

• 21 posts
  • Covers:6

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE(edy1066 @ Dec 22 2006, 05:33 PM)
how do you burn a downloaded film onto a dvd for use on dvd player i have been triying for YEARS with various programs but have had no success please help.

View Post

use dvd flick to burn downloaded movies, I use it and it works great
http://www.dvdflick.net/ and its a free download and you can create menu's for your movies
user posted image
WE ARE SCOTS NOT BRITS, TIME FOR OUR INDEPENDENCE ONCE AND FOR ALL. ALBA GU BRĄTH! (SCOTLAND FOREVER)

#32 mole1

mole1

Rookie

• 20 posts
  • Covers:11

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:29 PM

I bought Nero 8 and never looked back

#33 BigBalloon

BigBalloon

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:35 PM

if your file you have downloaded is in either a iso file or a img file these r normally about 4 gb then use imgburn if on vista or even dvd decrypter if you can find a copy

#34 Emuppyfauramb

Emuppyfauramb

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:38 PM

I am new to AMV, can someone tell me or give me a link about how to make the Anime I downloaded so that it can feed into Move maker using "Import Video"?

#35 jinnie

jinnie

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Films obviously, my family, music, reading, If there is one thing I could not live without it would be books. Back alot better but I don't want to agravate it so not back into the fitness yet!! Swimming, specially with my kids, its such a giggle, but not done for a while, I'll sit and read and watch them having fun instead. How come your mind goes blank at these things huh?
  • Covers:166

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:33 PM

ok guys, ive got nero 7 premium............ how the hell do I use it to convert? I never knew it could!!

Help!!! Specially if its faster than winavi :)

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#36 docsavage

docsavage

Custom Extraordinaire

• Elite Member
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Tinternet, Sci-Fi, History, making custom covers/labels (of course) . Also I'm extremely partial to jelly babies.
  • Covers:623

• Rank (last 60 days):
    48th in DVD Movie
    81st in TV Series

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:10 PM

ok guys, ive got nero 7 premium............ how the hell do I use it to convert? I never knew it could!!

Help!!! Specially if its faster than winavi :)

Nero 7 isn't that the unstable version? I tried to use it a while ago and I'm sure it was dodgy :unsure:

Nothing I know of is faster than winavi 7.5 Jinnie, especially if you have more than one core processor ;)

Stick to what you know and works, but do try other apps and upgrade your old ones :) I use convertXtoDVD 4 now, it's fast and the quality is spot on ;)

Here is a link to a site I used regularly, it will answer all your queries about mostly anything video/audio...http://www.videohelp.com/

I know links aren't allowed but it is a great site. :)

21c56jd.png

y11tk.gif

#37 jinnie

jinnie

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Films obviously, my family, music, reading, If there is one thing I could not live without it would be books. Back alot better but I don't want to agravate it so not back into the fitness yet!! Swimming, specially with my kids, its such a giggle, but not done for a while, I'll sit and read and watch them having fun instead. How come your mind goes blank at these things huh?
  • Covers:166

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:57 PM

Thanks for that Doc, I've put in in faves so will have it to hand next time I get stuck with something :)

Thanks again hon xx

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#38 xcitnu1

xcitnu1

Rookie

• 12 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

YOUR ANSWER IS VERY SIMPLE:

All you need is to download VSO ConvertXtoDVD . EXCELLENT software i use it all the time.
with this it turns your downloaded film (avi or whatever format it is) into a DVD (video_TS folder and audio_TS folder) which you then proceed to burn using the same program. you can also choose to add a menu etc. very simple and works great