• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chrisadna

chrisadna

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Covers:2

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

i have several iso's of films on my pc, all of which have various issues with menu links. the most recent problem is that of a dvd which completely stops playing when it has reached the end of the credits after the movie instead of returning to the main menu. is there any way i can remedy this with either software or some process. i also have dvds where the buttons in the menu are highlighted but yet again when these are selected the dvd does not link to anywhere, but instead just stops. i also have menus that will not loop, but again just stop the dvd dead. any ideas would be greatly received.

#2 Tiffany

Tiffany

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 590 posts
  • Covers:706

• Rank (last 60 days):
    52nd in TV Series

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

What program are you using?

#3 chrisadna

chrisadna

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Covers:2

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

what programme am i using for what exactly? the iso's are from various sources and as soon as they are mounted on my pc the faults are there and are still there after burning the said iso to disc using dvd decryptor or nero. of course these burning programmes just copy the iso to disc as it is. i need a programme that will allow me to edit the menu and make it loop on itself and also the film once watched i would like it to return to the main menu instead of just stopping completely is this possible? i already have pgc edit , but not only does it look a really complicated programme, but i cannot see anyway it will repair where certain menus start and finish or loop etc. am i making any sense at all? i dont think i am using the correct terminology, so if you know what i mean thats a great start!

#4 Tiffany

Tiffany

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 590 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    52nd in TV Series

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

the iso's are from various sources

Are you getting the ISOs from uploads from a "website" or from another DVD? Movie DVD illegal? If there is faults while that is happening then more than likely a problem in the codec.

I use a program and I can ask it to do what ever I want it to do. If you don't have a program to by pass the coding then you get the menu problem that you describe. You also get the problem of where the computer will copy but not make it playable.

DVDShrink will copy your ISO onto a disc using ImgBurn to burn. If you still can't play it, then its the codec.

using dvd decryptor or nero

Is so old world.

#5 DeLBaSS

DeLBaSS

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 11 posts
  • Covers:88

• Rank (last 60 days):
    95th in Music CD
    79th in TV Series

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

what programme am i using for what exactly? the iso's are from various sources and as soon as they are mounted on my pc the faults are there and are still there after burning the said iso to disc using dvd decryptor or nero. of course these burning programmes just copy the iso to disc as it is. i need a programme that will allow me to edit the menu and make it loop on itself and also the film once watched i would like it to return to the main menu instead of just stopping completely is this possible?

Yes, it is possible and quite easy. Use a program called DVDReMake Pro, a cracked copy is available on torrent sites. Its much easier to use. Note that you cannot edit an ISO while it is packed as an ISO. You will need to mount the image and pull the VIDEO_TS folder out, then you can work on your DVD.

i already have pgc edit , but not only does it look a really complicated programme, but i cannot see anyway it will repair where certain menus start and finish or loop etc. am i making any sense at all? i dont think i am using the correct terminology, so if you know what i mean thats a great start!

PGC Edit is a difficult program to use, more for pros. But you can do anything to your DVD with that software if you know how to use it.

Edited by DeLBaSS, 06 November 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#6 Tiffany

Tiffany

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 590 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    52nd in TV Series

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

Note that you cannot edit an ISO while it is packed as an ISO.

Exactly. If you have an ISO that is usually the end product.