45 replies to this topic

#21 rongeorgeann

rongeorgeann

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Interests:Movies, beer, gambling..........not necessarily in that order
  • Covers:2

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:09 PM

I'm new here,read this thread,and suggest ConvertXto DVD. It's easy to use,can be obtained for free,and ,(important to me ) keeps the sound & pic in sync.Great picture,too.

#22 Starscream73

Starscream73

Rookie

• 21 posts
  • Covers:6

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:11 PM

dvd shrink is good but it wont burn copies with css encryption on it, you have to use a dvd ripper and then use dvd shrink to burn it
user posted image
WE ARE SCOTS NOT BRITS, TIME FOR OUR INDEPENDENCE ONCE AND FOR ALL. ALBA GU BRĄTH! (SCOTLAND FOREVER)

#23 thewomble1

thewomble1

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Music, computers, cars
  • Covers:3

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:34 AM

I use 1CLICK DVD COPY and AnyDVD and have no problems.
First to see the new day.

#24 baldybear

baldybear

Advanced Member

• 144 posts
  • Covers:51

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:40 PM

img burn. clone dvd with anydvd in background and padus discjuggler. thumbup.gif
just about anything except nero thumbdown.gif

just thought i`d mention either clone dvd or imgburn work for me on xbox360 games as long as using good media
user posted image

#25 Marine_Sniper

Marine_Sniper

Rookie

• 11 posts
  • Covers:7

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:52 AM

QUOTE(musicbuoy @ Nov 1 2009, 12:25 AM)
Which burning software do you consider the best?

I did think about running a poll but I wasn't sure how to do it  sad.gif  .

View Post

ok here is my two cents worth which isn't much...lol... But if you are looking for reliable and very simple to use, Magic is the way to go. There are two. Magic DVD ripper, and Magic DVD copier.

If you are looking to download .avi files and convert them to DVD then I would recommend ConvertXtoDVD. I have put together tutorials at other sites if needed. Hope that helps.

Posted Image

#26 scouseuk

scouseuk

Advanced Member

• 71 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:02 PM

ashampoo burning suite is very good
thats all i use
here we go the best team in the world and 2 of the best players .

user posted image

#27 Starscream73

Starscream73

Rookie

• 21 posts
  • Covers:6

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:51 AM

I use DVDfab 7 works great no complaints
user posted image
WE ARE SCOTS NOT BRITS, TIME FOR OUR INDEPENDENCE ONCE AND FOR ALL. ALBA GU BRĄTH! (SCOTLAND FOREVER)

#28 Eddyt

Eddyt

eddyt

• 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:37 PM

I use DVD-Cloner and DVDFAB for most of my burning and always get good results

#29 nosidam

nosidam

Advanced Member

• Elite Member
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Garden & My Pet Dogs
    Both Cocker Spanials
  • Covers:1076

• Rank (last 60 days):
    3rd in DVD Movie
    4th in HD-DVD Movie

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:11 PM

DVD FAB For burning or copying DVD's
For turning AVI or others into DVD format and burning
convertxto dvd is the best
Only my opinion
Cheers

#30 claudester

claudester

Rookie

• 13 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:00 PM

AnyDVD with nero, Shrink, CloneDVD2 and 1 click

#31 nosidam

nosidam

Advanced Member

• Elite Member
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Garden & My Pet Dogs
    Both Cocker Spanials
  • Covers:1076

• Rank (last 60 days):
    3rd in DVD Movie
    4th in HD-DVD Movie

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:30 PM

I use ConvertxtoDVD for all my TV stuff, great program for doing Episodes.
I use WinAVI Video Convertor for turning AVI to dvd
and DVDFab for burning movies.
Never had any problem with any of the above.

#32 idat2009

idat2009

Yorkie

• Gold Member
  • 13 posts
  • Covers:83

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:27 PM

The burning Software which is best, is the one that suits you. Regardless of what other people say, the one that is the best, is the one that you are presently using, otherwise you would not be using it. Personaly, I have used most of the burning software on the market, and in some cases completely Naffed up my system. The one's that I settled on are AnyDVD and DVD2One for ripping,both purchased I might add, and for burning after ripping, I use Imageburn. I have also installed CloneDVD2 just for Elby Burning system in Imageburn . Up to press, touch wood, I have what you could say, an 100% success burning rate.

#33 Bud67

Bud67

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:05 PM

I use Ideal DVD Copy, and have backed up several hundred dvds, and love it for it's simplicity. I have only had one dvd that it refused to copy, but a quick email reply and update then allowed me to backup the problematic dvd. A couple of times there has been an issue with the sync between the sound and the picture, but a rescan of the dvd resolved this.

I also use Any Video Converter for other formats, and this works a treat as well.

My combination means that I can watch my movies on my PC, Xbox, PS3, iPad or bluray player - however I feel like watching it :thumbsup:

#34 Treinstel

Treinstel

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Music.
  • Covers:47

• Rank (last 60 days):
    25th in DVD Movie

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

imgburn is a very good program for burning DVD movies either on DVD5 or DVD9.
Great advantage for burning DVD9 is the fact that the layerbreak can be put on the right place (mostly done automaticaly).

When you want to shrink an DVD9 to DVD5 or actually to any form, the burning software DVDFab is the best you can use.

#35 meddi

meddi

elite member

• Elite Member
  • 604 posts
  • Interests:creating custom dvd covers.
  • Covers:1246

• Rank (last 60 days):
    22nd in DVD Movie
    54th in TV Series

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

dvd shrink is good but it wont burn copies with css encryption on it, you have to use a dvd ripper and then use dvd shrink to burn it

dvd shrink rips and shrink a dvd9 to dvd 5,you will need a burning software to burn your movies to dvd`s,but dvd shrink works automatically if you have nero installed.Dvd shrink is an old programme but it is still a very versatile ripper but it is very hard to come by on the net.if anyone is still interested in dvd shrink it can be found on doom9.org
if you don`t leave,you will never come back again

#36 eward

eward

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Covers, Torrents, Hard to get torrent or link sites. American football, Fantasy Football, Scary Movies, Making friends all over the world. Learning anything new about computers.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:59 AM

I use Xillisoft DVD Creator for all SD movies and Leawo Blu-Ray Creator for Blu-Ray.  Leawo is lets you convert your movie to 3D.  All seem to work great for me.

#37 eddie_shark

eddie_shark

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:08 AM

Hi all, i`m new here, but will butt in and say i`ve used just about all progs for burning, and am sticking with dvd Fab. Sometimes (not often) Fab might not read a disk, that`s when Shrink comes in handy, plus it`s fast, i then burn with whatever`s on the computer (LG burning software). Cheers. :thumbup:

#38 eddie_shark

eddie_shark

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:12 AM

I forgot to mention, for blu-ray 2D & 3D i use Any MP4 Blu-Ray Platinum. It does a terrific job and is reasonably fast doing 3D. :thumbup:

#39 KleinerP

KleinerP

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:49 PM

I havent tried my express burning software yet by trying to play it back on my home DVD Player.which uses DVD-PAL.Will this be included in my burn down will it play in my DVD PLAYER?One other thing which is the best Disc to use in burning down videos to DVD-R,DVD-RW.DVDR.DVDRW.or BLU-RAY..I am new at this so please help.Would like to be able to Play my Videos on DVD in my DVD Player.All information you can help me with please.

#40 Fogdude

Fogdude

Dudeist Priest

• Gold Member
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Mostly, I like anything that goes bang when I pull the trigger.
  • Covers:568

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:40 PM

I havent tried my express burning software yet by trying to play it back on my home DVD Player.which uses DVD-PAL.Will this be included in my burn down will it play in my DVD PLAYER?One other thing which is the best Disc to use in burning down videos to DVD-R,DVD-RW.DVDR.DVDRW.or BLU-RAY..I am new at this so please help.Would like to be able to Play my Videos on DVD in my DVD Player.All information you can help me with please.

If your DVD image is PAL encoded, it will burn & play. The burning software shouldn't care. As to DVD stock, I prefer TAIYO YUDEN. They have been very reliable & seem to last the longest. Can't speak to Blu-ray as I don't burn them. You do know that you can't just take any old video file & burn it to DVD or Blu-Ray & have it play, right? You must encode the video as DVD or Blu-Ray, first. I use ConvertXtoDVD. It's not free, but you get a lifetime license for about $60 US. It's well worth it.

I just look at the pictures.