45 replies to this topic

#1 musicbuoy

musicbuoy

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 418 posts
  • Covers:164

Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:25 AM

Which burning software do you consider the best?

I did think about running a poll but I wasn't sure how to do it sad.gif .
It's Nice To Be Nice ............... & It's Free

#2 StD

StD

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 317 posts
  • Covers:347

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE(musicbuoy @ Nov 1 2009, 02:25 AM)

I did think about running a poll but I wasn't sure how to do it  sad.gif  .

View Post

I am using GearPro Mastering SW and for easier quick burning projects (Double Layer, too) the ImgBurn.
IF IT AIN'T BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT

#3 goldenvirginia

goldenvirginia

Rookie

• 21 posts
  • Interests:Spend most of my time working on my own website. Love playing games and watching movies
  • Covers:0

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:00 PM

dvd shrink cant be beaten smile.gif

#4 StD

StD

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE(goldenvirginia @ Nov 5 2009, 11:00 PM)
dvd shrink cant be beaten smile.gif

View Post

WTF bash.gif censored.gif
Shrink does use the DVDDecrypter/ImgBurn for burning... so how he can beat ImgBurn??? crutch.gif whistling.gif whistling1.gif
Please explain!

#5 goldenvirginia

goldenvirginia

Rookie

• 21 posts
  • Interests:Spend most of my time working on my own website. Love playing games and watching movies
  • Covers:0

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:15 AM

the question was......

imho DVD Shrink does the job i need it to - thats all, not saying its better or worse than any other

#6 COOL_Stoner

COOL_Stoner

The COOL One

• Gold Member
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Computer Repair and Upgrading, Electronic Repair (flat screen TVs, Ipods, DVD Players, Media Players)Chess, Playing guitar
  • Covers:11

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:05 AM

Nero Recode seems to be the best for burning DVD or any other iterations of digital burning.

#7 StD

StD

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE(goldenvirginia @ Nov 11 2009, 02:15 AM)the question was......

imho DVD Shrink does the job i need it to - thats all, not saying its better or worse than any other

View Post

But the DVDShrink IS NOT a burning program - it only does simple remastering with subsequent reencoding... The actual burning is done by ImgBurn.

F*&^Off Nero! Posted Image That's a program for "sadomasochists" Posted Image

#8 meddi

meddi

elite member

• Elite Member
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:creating custom dvd covers.
  • Covers:1245

• Rank (last 60 days):
    22nd in DVD Movie
    54th in TV Series

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:44 PM

that`s right,dvd shrink only rips off the movie and is not a burning software.nero is rubbish and i would not look at it,but dvd fab is a good burner as well.

if you don`t leave,you will never come back again

#9 jinnie

jinnie

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Films obviously, my family, music, reading, If there is one thing I could not live without it would be books. Back alot better but I don't want to agravate it so not back into the fitness yet!! Swimming, specially with my kids, its such a giggle, but not done for a while, I'll sit and read and watch them having fun instead. How come your mind goes blank at these things huh?
  • Covers:166

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:28 PM

i like ashampoo, clone dvd and of course the magical anydvd which laughs in the face of any protection If I were anydvd i would be going muhahahahahah right now lol

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#10 COOL_Stoner

COOL_Stoner

The COOL One

• Gold Member
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Computer Repair and Upgrading, Electronic Repair (flat screen TVs, Ipods, DVD Players, Media Players)Chess, Playing guitar

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE(StD @ Nov 11 2009, 03:46 AM)But the DVDShrink IS NOT a burning program - it only does simple remastering with subsequent reencoding... The actual burning is done by ImgBurn.

F*&^Off Nero! Posted Image That's a program for "sadomasochists" Posted Image

View Post

Well, well, just look at that post...idiot go back where you came from and learn.

#11 musicbuoy

musicbuoy

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 418 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE(COOL_Stoner @ Nov 19 2009, 11:25 PM)
Well, well, just look at that post...idiot go back where you came from and learn.

View Post

Whats up with StD's post, what he says, IMHO is true.

I don't think you should make a statement like that without backing up your words, tell us what your thoughts are ...... if you can explain, that is smile.gif

#12 musicbuoy

musicbuoy

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 418 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:16 PM

Std is a very knowledgeable person and you would not go too far wrong by taking notice as to what he says, IMHO.

#13 COOL_Stoner

COOL_Stoner

The COOL One

• Gold Member
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE(musicbuoy @ Nov 19 2009, 07:16 PM)
Std is a very knowledgeable person and you would not go too far wrong by taking notice as to what he says, IMHO.

View Post

I'm pretty sure most of you are quite knowledgeable in other areas one way or another, but please do not post anything what you don't quite understand. Most burning softwares uses what you call "patin-couffin drivers", however, Nero uses the ASPI drivers and as such is quite a different animal all together. Check your background process and see what it is presently doing while your media is burning. Also keep your own opinion to yourself and don't be personal and not attack the poster ok. I stand down for what I have previously posted ok my bad.

#14 musicbuoy

musicbuoy

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 418 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:49 AM

Please donít see my post as a personal attack, it was not meant that way, just thought your post was nonsicle without any further information.

Now, as you have posted your valued information, I for one can learn from your post.

Thank you.

As you say, a lot of posters on this forum are knowledgeable, but I doubt any of us are experts so we are all willing to learn of each other. One day with each others help we may all become experts EH?

Keep up your posts and help us to help each other.

#15 StD

StD

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE(COOL_Stoner @ Nov 20 2009, 01:36 AM)
...Most burning softwares uses what you call "patin-couffin drivers", however, Nero  uses the ASPI drivers and as such is quite a different animal all together...

View Post

"Most" good burning SWs do use whatever engine you want to select, ie. Patin-Couffin, Adaptec ASPI or even Windows-one (SPTI), but NOT the Ahead (Nero) ASPI!

For example my GearPro checks by installation the whole system for the presence of Ahead software and if Nero is present, then refuses to install at all... tongue.gif But that's a tool for profesionals and Nero is for BFUs. thumbup1.gif

#16 COOL_Stoner

COOL_Stoner

The COOL One

• Gold Member
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:54 PM

Know what Nero does whatever Gear pro doesn't and it is not as costly as your burning software...and that is just BFU.

#17 StD

StD

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE(COOL_Stoner @ Nov 20 2009, 09:54 PM)
Know what Nero does whatever Gear pro doesn't ..

View Post

You don't know? I know only one fact - I (we) produce the masters in it which go subsequently to the press to produce for you the originals to be sold, so there is NO margin for mistakes. If there is any, then it is very costly financially (for me and for all parties involved). Quality first.

You say "I am happy with Nero...", but the question is, what happens after some time, when some of your discs become coasters for YOUR beer? Pity, but it is your decision. I am always walking on the safe side, doing all my best I know of.

And REMEMBER - the title of this thread is What's the best burning SW, not the cheapest or easiest to work with.

And excuse me for my coarse Czenglish, if there are some errors in my syntaxes, do not hesitate to tell me about them. Frankly. Cheers cheers.gif

#18 StD

StD

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:42 PM

It ALL started probably here, please read/define the underlined WORDS:

QUOTE(COOL_Stoner @ Nov 11 2009, 08:05 AM)
Nero Recode seems to be the best for burning DVD or any other iterations of digital burning.

View Post

To that "recoding" - I prefer as source of controlled encoding of m2v (ie. Mpeg2 video stream) the best encoders such as Canopus ProCoder or Tmpgenc. You have absolutely no control WHAT it does with your source material which is available to me.

To that: ...seems to be... I prefer to check everything afterwards - I have my own statistic of every disc burned as to the number of PI/PIF errors per each (sorted by manufacturers and date, burner type) which have left my DVDWriter(s) to date - this is not singular as I change them for new ones nearly every six months, as they have no longer life and always, there is the 2 years manufacturer's guarantee...

#19 COOL_Stoner

COOL_Stoner

The COOL One

• Gold Member
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:49 PM

Ok not all human beings can be doctors or lawyers...most are consumers willing to buy whatever is thrown at them. The best for me is what is doing the job at the consumer level and delivering. Recoding as a whole from NERO's suite of software can not be beaten as more and more consumers are able to adapt and afford. Even with all that statistics that you are alluding to about Gear Pro it can't help you when you make mistakes in mastering, that is just that statistics and nothing more. What if there was no mistakes in your burning do you give yourself a medal, what if it's the other way around do you shoot your foot for making them? I have used Tmpgenc myself and they seem to do the job in encoding video streams. I don't find faults in someone's english when they post in the forums. I try to understand what is being said. I have enough of this snafu this software VS that software thread. Just as your banner statement says "If it ain't broken, don't fix it" Neither is Nero it is not broken and neither is a lot of burning softwares floating around out there...they don't need fixing. My bad for posting about Nero anyway, but I have not said "F*&K OFF GEAR PRO' either so what is it that can bring mutual peace to this thread? You choose and we can go from there.

#20 StD

StD

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:46 AM

If you're one of the mentioned
...most are consumers willing to buy whatever is thrown at them.
- it's your decision and I am NOT criticizing it. Be happy with it!
But Musicbuoy asked for naming of the best... so I have told him and all others what's the best and have also told what is better to STAY OFF of. I don't want to list all the others "bad pieces of SW", there are so many of them. And believe me, it is based on a very long time experience of thousands DVDs authored-mastered-burned. I would never go back to the basics of... But the Decision is always only yours. [END of flame]. thumbup1.gif