dvd copying

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 nickisastar

nickisastar

• 48 posts
  • Covers:15

Posted 04 July 2009 - 04:32 PM

dry.gif Does anyone out there know the best way or even if there is a way to get the mouths to match up with the audio.I have a movie & the audio is out by a couple of seconds which is really annoying mad.gif Thanx

#2 Adamsy

Adamsy

Advanced Member

• Elite Member
  • 63 posts
  • Covers:158

• Rank (last 60 days):
    44th in PC Games
    3rd in Playstation 3
    3rd in Xbox 360

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:31 PM

If your just watching your files on the PC various media players such as VLC media Player will allow to delay or speed up the audio so that its in sync.

How ever if your gonna be burning these files to DVD then theres a few programs out that will sync the audio for you so that you can burn your files.

Two programs off the top of my head are AVI Mux GUI and YAAI

I'd link you to a site that gives you detailed instructions on these appz but external links aren't allowed, but google the programs and i'm sure you'll get some tutorials and the programs very easily.

#3 theburnking

theburnking

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 28 posts
  • Covers:8

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE(nickisastar @ Jul 4 2009, 04:32 PM)
dry.gif Does anyone out there know the best way or even if there is a way to get the mouths  to match up with the audio.I have a movie & the audio is out by a couple of seconds which is really annoying mad.gif Thanx

View Post

My first question, is this movie an .avi (XviD, DivX Codec) that you have downloaded ? If so use this method below.

How to sync audio with video
The only program you need for this is VirtualDub. (Use Google this is freeware)

So, open VirtualDub. Open the AVI by pressing CTRL+O or by clicking 'File' then 'Open Video File'. Now go to 'Video' and select 'Direct Stream Copy'.

Now press CTRL+R or click 'Video' then 'Frame Rate'.

Now select the 'radio button' that says 'Change so video and audio durations match' . You should end up with a non-standard frame rate,. Ok now just press F7 or 'File' and 'Save As AVI'. Once you have saved the video, try and play it with a media player and see if it plays in sync.
Almost all of the time the AVI video will be fixed by this method. The only reason why the video will not be fixed by this method is when the rate at which the audio gets out of sync changes. It is almost impossible to fix this. Anyway, I hope I've shown you how to fix the audio sync issues in your videos.

My second question, is this a DVD you are trying to back up and if so what software(s) are you using ?

cheers.gif
user posted image
user posted image

#4 nickisastar

nickisastar

• 48 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE(theburnking @ Jul 5 2009, 12:54 AM)
My first question, is this movie an .avi (XviD, DivX Codec) that you have downloaded ?  If so use this method below.

How to sync audio with video
The only program you need for this is VirtualDub. (Use Google this is freeware)

So, open VirtualDub. Open the AVI by pressing CTRL+O or by clicking 'File' then 'Open Video File'. Now go to 'Video' and select 'Direct Stream Copy'.

Now press CTRL+R or click 'Video' then 'Frame Rate'.

Now select the 'radio button' that says 'Change so video and audio durations match' . You should end up with a non-standard frame rate,. Ok now just press F7 or 'File' and 'Save As AVI'. Once you have saved the video, try and play it with a media player and see if it plays in sync.
Almost all of the time the AVI video will be fixed by this method. The only reason why the video will not be fixed by this method is when the rate at which the audio gets out of sync changes. It is almost impossible to fix this. Anyway, I hope I've shown you how to fix the audio sync issues in your videos.
My second question, is this a DVD you are trying to back up and if so what software(s) are you using ?
cheers.gif

View Post

clap.gif Thanks heaps.I was just copying a dvd & I'm using nero

#5 theburnking

theburnking

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE(nickisastar @ Jul 5 2009, 09:36 AM)
clap.gif Thanks heaps.I was just copying a dvd & I'm using nero

View Post

What are you using to remove copy protection ??? I understand you are using nero to burn but what part of nero, nero Burning ROM or nero Recode ???

Is this a retail DVD or one that is a back up ???

I use DVDFab for back ups of retail DVD's it works flawlessly every time, it removes encryption, shrinks it to fit 4.7gb media and burns it in one easy step.

Just on a side note, when you ask for help be very specific on all the details it makes it much easier to help.

cheers.gif
user posted image
user posted image

#6 nickisastar

nickisastar

• 48 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:54 PM

tongue.gif
QUOTE(theburnking @ Jul 5 2009, 03:27 PM)
What are you using to remove copy protection ???  I understand you are using nero to burn but what part of nero, nero Burning ROM or nero Recode ???

I use DVDFab for back ups of retail DVD's it works flawlessly every time, it removes encryption, shrinks it to fit 4.7gb media and burns it in one easy step.

Just on a side note, when you ask for help be very specific on all the details it makes it much easier to help.
cheers.gif

View Post

Sorry about that,I was just burning disc to disc dry.gif But I usually use DVD Shrink when I'm downloading,although after reading through the forums the other day I downloaded DVD Fab biggrin.gif

#7 nickisastar

nickisastar

• 48 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE(theburnking @ Jul 5 2009, 03:27 PM)
What are you using to remove copy protection ???  I understand you are using nero to burn but what part of nero, nero Burning ROM or nero Recode ???

cheers.gif

View Post

bangin.gif Sorry again I forgot to mention,it wasn't a retail dvd it had already been copied.Most of the movies I get are like that & it has been rare that I have had trouble copying retail dvd's.Maybe the copyright is different here in Australia thumbup1.gif Disney seems to be the only one people have trouble with cheers.gif

#8 theburnking

theburnking

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE(nickisastar @ Jul 8 2009, 06:42 PM)
bangin.gif Sorry again I forgot to mention,it wasn't a retail dvd it had already been copied.Most of the movies I get are like that & it has been rare that I have had trouble copying retail dvd's.Maybe the copyright is different here in Australia thumbup1.gif Disney seems to be the only one people have trouble with cheers.gif

View Post

Nero Recode works really well at making copies of ripped DVD's.

user posted image

cheers.gif

user posted image
user posted image

#9 nickisastar

nickisastar

• 48 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE(theburnking @ Jul 9 2009, 02:27 AM)
Nero Recode works really well at making copies of ripped DVD's.

user posted image
cheers.gif

View Post

smile.gif Thanks heaps you've been really helpful,I seem to get a few with the audio up the shit.gif & I'm only just starting to go more into how I can fix things & playing around with more options.I'm only self taught with the computer & I'm not going to let technology get the better of me. confused.gif So all your help has been great,ta. cheers.gif

#10 pcmodem

pcmodem

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:13 PM

Great Info!!

#11 missjackie883

missjackie883

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:11 PM

Yes just go to dvdfab

#12 ringdown

ringdown

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Fishing and my beloved DVD Collection
  • Covers:123

• Rank (last 60 days):
    69th in DVD Movie

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:04 AM

I also have used DVD Fab for many years and have hardly ever had a failure. The only time it has failed me is when the copy protection is new so I know then that I need to D/L an upgrade. The program only costs a minimal amount compared to the benefits and they give you updates on a regular basis to keep up with all the new protections.

I am one of the lucky ones as far as audio being out of sync goes. I have a Philips Sound Bar Home Theatre Sound System and it will automatically fix this because the DVDplayer is integrated into it. They have now released a Sound Bar with the BLU Ray Player built in which I am considering buying as they are a godsend with no nasty wires and the whole system is in one unit.

I know it doesn't answer the problem relating to burning. I do not consider myself knowledgable enough to help you in this area.

#13 Tiffany

Tiffany

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 590 posts
  • Covers:706

• Rank (last 60 days):
    52nd in TV Series

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:09 AM

I have a DVD Region 4 that DVDFab will not do. And yes a post to DVDFab forum never got it sorted. I am hoping that one day they come up with a better and more advance program that this one DVD will get copied.

I should get it out again and try once more. I also have a life time copy of DVDFab.

#14 Tiffany

Tiffany

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 590 posts
  • Covers:706

• Rank (last 60 days):
    52nd in TV Series

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

Well if finally let me do it. I re-read my old post over at the other forum and its been 12 months.

#15 davy04

davy04

Rookie

• 18 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

there is also program called dvd decrypter its good for burning retail dvds.

#16 danny456

danny456

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

hi

convert x to dvd never let me down been useing it for years

good luck danny

#17 meddi

meddi

elite member