BigApe's Content

There have been 21 items by BigApe (Search limited from 21-May 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#59983 five word game

Posted by BigApe on 23 September 2008 - 02:00 PM in Fun & Games

right where the sun never

#53166 Conversion

Posted by BigApe on 11 May 2008 - 08:54 AM in Other Software

I tend to use Nero Vision - it's simple enough even I can use it!

#52158 Free TV Downloads

Posted by BigApe on 23 April 2008 - 07:46 AM in Other Software

QUOTE(tonecar @ Apr 23 2008, 12:17 AM)
So can I put the name in there without linking it?  I didn't see that in the FAQ.

View Post

The only way to pass on links is by PMing them to members who ask for them

#52157 messed up title

Posted by BigApe on 23 April 2008 - 07:39 AM in General Chat

Done and sorted smile.gif

#51066 Approvals

Posted by BigApe on 03 April 2008 - 03:26 PM in General Chat

I've just sent you a PM with the reasons why they were refused

#49866 Is the Site Shutting Down??

Posted by BigApe on 07 March 2008 - 07:02 PM in General Chat

Thanks for updating the Rev, SB

To add to the points made, this site IS NOT in any danger of closing. The admins have decided that it is better to get everything fixed during the current major hardware upgrades, so that everything works perfectly from the word go, rather than fix things piecemeal and have the whole site falling over every 5 minutes (I'm sure some of our long standing members can remember the fun and games we had a year ago following the server move). I know it's taken a while to get this far, but the guys are on the final stretch, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

Thanks for your continued patience

#49804 Problem Uploading Covers

Posted by BigApe on 06 March 2008 - 10:48 AM in General Chat

The admins are working flat out to get the uploads not only back on line, but working properly as well. The latest word is that they're on the final stretch and it shouldn't be too much longer. Keep watching - they'll be back cool.gif

#49619 Audio driver

Posted by BigApe on 02 March 2008 - 05:03 PM in General Chat

Do you have the original CD that would have come with the soundcard/motherboard. If so - try reinstalling/repairing the sound device. If that doesn't work - have a look on a dedicated driver site such as Driverguide. They can usually point you in the right direction

#49536 Hello Hello Everyone

Posted by BigApe on 01 March 2008 - 06:45 PM in Introduce

A belated welcome from the hairy one biggrin.gif

#49139 retre

Posted by BigApe on 21 February 2008 - 10:36 AM in Audio Players

Eerrrrrrrr....... Nope, you got me huh.gif

#48540 Hello

Posted by BigApe on 04 February 2008 - 08:11 PM in Introduce

Greetings and welcome biggrin.gif

#48068 Looking for 300 (Z. Snyder) covers

Posted by BigApe on 21 January 2008 - 11:08 AM in Movies

This is an ongoing issue with our search engine - it don't like short queries

Try searching for LIKE 300 - that should do it, or alternatively, just browse to the # category. If its DVD covers you're after, they start on page 20 of the # section

#47840 Thinking of upgrading to Gold but...

Posted by BigApe on 14 January 2008 - 01:52 PM in General Chat

Hi there,

First off, welcome to freecovers.

The difference between the 'free' and gold accounts is that with the free account you can download all the covers, but only at a certain maximum resolution (not sure exactly what this is). The gold account will give you access to download covers as they were uploaded to us, as well as doing away with those annoying adverts smile.gif If the 'gold' covers and the 'free' covers are the same resolution, then this is because the uploaded image is smaller than our minimum gold standard resolution. Another benefit of the gold account is that you can make requests for covers immediately, without having to reach a minimum post count

All of the covers on the site are donated by the members themselves, if we don't have a cover, it's because no-one has uploaded it to us.

All covers that are uploaded are checked by Freecovers staff and any that do not meet our strict criteria are rejected.

Hope that helps, but if you have any other questions, have a look at the FAQ - it should answer most of your queries

#47472 ok help needed

Posted by BigApe on 28 December 2007 - 07:55 PM in General Chat

It looks like NoScript is blocking out the ads that the site uses to generate revenue. I've just checked the links and they all look to be valid ads

#47471 Help

Posted by BigApe on 28 December 2007 - 07:51 PM in General Chat

If anyone's interested, I can let them have an RS link to a service manual for Epson C40 series printers. Let me know and I'll PM the link to you

#47373 Help

Posted by BigApe on 25 December 2007 - 08:54 PM in General Chat

Reply sent by PM

#46968 Howard Stern…who knows this guy?

Posted by BigApe on 11 December 2007 - 12:39 PM in TV Series/Show

The above post was edited to remove embedded links. DO NOT EMBED LINKS IN ANY WAY! If you want to share links with other members get them to PM you so you share privately.

#46633 [edited]

Posted by BigApe on 29 November 2007 - 02:44 PM in Music & Music Videos

Please PLEASE read the rules before posting!

You are not allowed to make requests until you have made 10 posts, and requests can ONLY be made in the relevant area

#46141 Guns N' Roses

Posted by BigApe on 12 November 2007 - 09:51 AM in Music & Music Videos

Guys,

Please remember that we do not allow links here. If you have something to share, post a comment and offer to PM the links to interested parties

BA

#45839 Flac to MP3 Conversion

Posted by BigApe on 27 October 2007 - 07:59 PM in Other Software

Must confess I use dBPowerAmp with the flac plugin. You may need a MP3 plugin as well. Transcodes flac to MP3 (any bitrate - you select) with one click of the mouse!
You can also get other plugins for formats such as ape etc

#45638 The Sunday Bugs

Posted by BigApe on 19 October 2007 - 07:23 PM in General Chat

Me too - big probs! Gave up in the end and went to the pub smile.gif