Photo

Found a way to save half my DVD shelf space, want to upload!

bulk upload shrink DVD spines slim DVD covers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 michael w

michael w

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

Hey, Freecoverers! I've lately been making all my DVD covers over with slim 7mm sides 'cause it saves over half the space that the normal spines take up. Doing it very precisely, too, not just by squishing the spine so it's thinner but the whole thing looks too thin, but by extracting each element of the fullsize spine and replacing it onto the thinner ones with each item re-sized to fit. The results are lovely and I now have a whole file called "slim DVD covers"  and wondered if there's a way to upload them to Freecovers.net OTHER than as individual files, possibly zipped? I have hundreds at this point and am just getting started but the results are super-looking plus I'm really happy about having twice as much shelf space as before. Can anyone give me some suggestions about how to upload to Freecovers in "bulk"? I'd love to share them with you all to use. Also, I print them on professional resin-coated photo paper to withstand the ravages of fading, but evern if and when they do, I always have the master files stored and can print new ones as needed. So if someone can give me some ideas about uploading large numbers of files at a time, thanks in advance.

Also, if you need 7mm DVD covers, I buy mine in bulk from Supermediastore and the per-item price by doing so is really low, and they have multi-DVD cases too, for 3-, 4-, 5-, 6- and 8-DVD sets such as for TV shows or film collections and they save a whole lot of shelf space too. Then, I find corresponding covers either from here or Customaniacs to print to fit, or fsiling that, scan my own in and shrink per the method above. You get lovely results when you don't just "squish" spines which then end up looking like they've been stepped on!

Any help on this upload thing would be appreciated as I'm eager for you all to see and use them! I'm attaching a recent example. Note how, by stretching out the DVD title by shrinking BOTH ends, how much easier it is to read, even from a distance.

#2 tmscrapbook

tmscrapbook

Advanced Member

• 1,566 posts
  • Interests:Reading, sewing, exercise, designing spacesaver dvd covers, visiting the grandkids, hanging out with my husband, and watching the Seahawks :)
  • Covers:8554

• Rank (last 60 days):
    8th in Blu-Ray Movie
    15th in DVD Movie
    12th in Soundtrack
    4th in TV Series

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:42 PM

Unfortunately, your covers will need to be uploaded individually as they will each need to be titled properly. Be sure to include the title, date of production in parentheses, language in all CAPS if other than ENGLISH, the region code and then finally whether or not it is a custom cover.

For example: The Mummy (2017) R1 CUSTOM or The Mummy (2017) SPANISH R2

Hope this helps,
tmscrapbook (moderator)