Rookie

• 15 posts
  • Covers:434

• Rank (last 60 days):
    52nd in DVD Movie
    9th in Playstation 3
    83rd in TV Series

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:22 PM

I am glad you have corrected all the upload issues and the site has started to return to normal.

#22 Mahendra

Mahendra

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:18 PM

U Rock Man!!!

Keep Up The Gud Work...

"This Is The Best Site"  :clap:

#23 rhdike

rhdike

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 1 posts
  • Covers:10

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:13 PM

It is great to have the site up and running again,  What a relief!.  Looking for another site was not easy and mostly unsuccessful.  This is by far the best site for covers. and so glad it is back.

#24 samhouston

samhouston

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:30 PM

Hello Max - When I posted last week,something came over me and I thought something more was wrong. I won't pry but something was wrong with me a while back and it stopped me fast. That was 15 years ago and I'm still here for support. Again, thanks for such a wonderful site. You should be proud of what you have accomplished....Terry

#25 Wallclimber

Wallclimber

Rookie

• 10 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:33 PM

Can the link that sends us to CDcovers.To be taken down? It reroutes to CDCovers.cc and that site is dead.  Just wastes time going there.  Owner has apparently abandoned it.  Not a big deal but just asking.

#26 Adelle

Adelle

Gold

• Gold Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:32 AM

Thanks heaps for your efforts in getting this site running again. I certainly missed it while it was down.

#27 supplebanana

supplebanana

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:53 PM

Damn - I feel like sh*t now! I cancelled my recurring membership because I thought that the site was finished! Don't worry tho'! I'll restart it as soon as my current period expires!

#28 rj4221

rj4221

rj4221

• Gold Member
  • 19 posts
  • Covers:13

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:39 AM

Welcome back I hope all is well with you. I love this site and was disappointed that I could not get covers. I remained patient and did not delete the site from my favorites.

#29 wmbessey22

wmbessey22

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 11:23 AM

I am sorry for all the issues. Should we be able to download covers?  I cannot. Thank you

#30 tricky1ricky

tricky1ricky

Ol' Git

• Gold Member
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Repairing other people's pc's, watching films & eating Italian food
  • Covers:380

• Rank (last 60 days):
    72nd in DVD Movie

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:01 PM

I am sorry for all the issues. Should we be able to download covers?  I cannot. Thank you

You must have a minimum of 10 posts or be a member to download - sorry

#31 wmbessey22

wmbessey22

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:37 PM

I was never advised of that I have been a gold member for years and have downloaded covers with no issues....... if that has changed I will need a refund...... my previous userid was wmbessey2 which I had for years.... my new one wmbessey22 is gold member lifetime........ ever since the site had problems I cannot download......  ????

#32 Norma

Norma

Rookie

• 18 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 04:23 PM

So, so glad to see you back. I knew you could do it. I have a problem with the CD cover MR. RIGHT. Could you look at it please

#33 tricky1ricky

tricky1ricky

Ol' Git

• Gold Member
  • 194 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    72nd in DVD Movie

Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:31 PM

I was never advised of that I have been a gold member for years and have downloaded covers with no issues....... if that has changed I will need a refund...... my previous userid was wmbessey2 which I had for years.... my new one wmbessey22 is gold member lifetime........ ever since the site had problems I cannot download......  ????

If you check your profile, it does not state you are a member.
If you look at the post below yours, Normas, under the icon is the word Member.
Yours says Newbie!

Send a message to one of the mods when they're next on line, stating that Member is not showing up in your profile.

#34 tricky1ricky

tricky1ricky

Ol' Git

• Gold Member
  • 194 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    72nd in DVD Movie

Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:33 PM

So, so glad to see you back. I knew you could do it. I have a problem with the CD cover MR. RIGHT. Could you look at it please

A link would be helpful, also what sort of problem.

A bit of explanation would be helpful

#35 KatyPerryFan4Eva1982

KatyPerryFan4Eva1982

Rookie

• 23 posts
  • Location:Scarborough, North Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
  • Interests:Katy Perry
    Sewing
    Reading
    Watching Movies / TV Series
    Walking,
    Cycling
    Swimming
  • Covers:4

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:48 PM

All,

Blame must be assigned to the faults that we've had and I'd like to take full responsibility. Although all has been resolved, I must explain to all what happened and why it took long to fix. We've had a rocky start to the New Year but we have time to make up.

I would also like to apologize to those that believed that it's our intention to close the site.

I'll die and FreeCovers will still move on.

Staff,

I humbly thank you for sticking through and helping to calm the members, and rectify issues that you could have, in my absence.

Gold Members + Elites,

Of all, I owe you the most. You have been the force that keeps the servers online and a lot of you contribute beyond that to our community. To you, I extend my deepest apologies.

Uploaders,

It is my hope that you didn't run out of space storing all those covers yet to be uploaded. I also hope that we can reignite your passion for sharing the covers that you love.

What happened?

In short, software upgrades broke existing code and this led to the upload section being down.

Why were covers broken?

Whenever a cover is temporarily inaccessible, it gets marked as broken. This could be from a locked drive or a bad sync between servers.

Why weren't these issues solved earlier?

This has much to do with me. From the start of the year, personal life swallowed me and left me with little to no time for online. That has been resolved and I'm here.

What now?

Now, I have hundreds of messages to respond to and dozens of issues to resolve. It may take me a week to get to everyone but the least that I can do is respond personally to all.

With love and respect,

Max.

Thanks Max, ignore my messages to you please! I was angry when I sent them - that's if there is more than one! And thank you for explaining why freecovers.net has taken so long to be fully operational again!

#36 oc driver

oc driver

Lifetime member

• 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:41 PM

I do not know about every one else but I cannot download uncompressed covers though I have a lifetime membership.

Is anyone else having the same issue as me even though you say its fixed. It directs me to a page to purchase a gold membership

in order to download uncompressed cover but like I said I have a lifetime membership.

#37 tricky1ricky

tricky1ricky

Ol' Git

• Gold Member
  • 194 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    72nd in DVD Movie

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:13 AM

I do not know about every one else but I cannot download uncompressed covers though I have a lifetime membership.

Is anyone else having the same issue as me even though you say its fixed. It directs me to a page to purchase a gold membership

in order to download uncompressed cover but like I said I have a lifetime membership.

In view of all the site problems recently, your payment might not have gone thru yet. You are still listed as a Newbie Not Member.

Therefore, the 10 posts minumim would apply to you at the moment before you can download.

Send a msge to a moderator as soon as you see one come on line, which you will see at the bottom of the community index (home page)

#38 z2steper

z2steper

z2steper

• Gold Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:39 AM

thanks  looking forward to new covers   good luck  and hope the problems are fixed  really enjoy the site

#39 oc driver

oc driver

Lifetime member

• 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:58 AM

Tricky1ricky thanks for answering my post as you are right I am a newbie and this is my first post anywhere on the net period

but to understand your comment does that mean I cannot download uncompressed covers till I post 10 posts even though I paid

for lifetime membership and it says I have lifetime membership. Thank You again

#40 tricky1ricky

tricky1ricky

Ol' Git

• Gold Member
  • 194 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    72nd in DVD Movie

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:56 PM

OC Driver said:

does that mean I cannot download uncompressed covers till I post 10 posts even though I paid

for lifetime membership and it says I have lifetime membership. Thank You again

Afraid so until one of the mods or maybe admin sorts it out for you.

The system still thinks you are a newbie at the moment ....because they're trying to sort out about 5 months worth of problems because the site owner had serious personal problems and couldn't spend time here. He's back and sorting, hopefully, everything out! ....

Sorry

Go and say hello to anybody newly registered etc - that will put your posts up :thumbup: