86 replies to this topic

#1 Rob

Rob

Developer

• Admin
  • 801 posts
  • Covers:23

Posted 05 September 2005 - 01:14 PM

YOU MUST MAKE A MINIMUM OF 10 POSTS BEFORE BEING ABLE TO REQUEST A COVER.
...UNLESS YOU ARE A GOLD MEMBER ;-)

When Making A Request
* Please use the search function Before you make a request as at the moment there are several requests for the same covers where it would be a lot easier to handle such requests within one thread
* Do NOT leave an email in your post or request someone email the cover to you.
* Please be specific when requesting - For example, if you want a Hi-res cover, then state you want Hi-Res. If you are only interested in a retail cover, and not a custom, then state that. The same logic applies in regards which region you require.
* When making a request - It is important to put the title of the movie in the thread title. Please don't use 'Look in', 'help me' or other such thing's as a thread title.
* Do not request hoardes of covers in one request. Three is more than enough in one thread. Again, post's will be edited/deleted/closed if this rule is ignored.
* Don't use the signature space to made Your request list its not allowed and will been deleted
* Always check on the main site before requesting a title. Unless you are requesting a Hi-Res duplicate, all threads started that ask for covers that are on the site will be closed.
* Please be aware that a warning is given if any of these rules are broken, and if ignored the user will be temp/perm banned.

When Filling A Request
* If you have a cover that has been requested you must upload the cover via our upload page. You can then reply to the thread with a link to the cover details page (after it has been approved). Covers are approved (or denied) within 12 hours of being submitted, usually less. If you are confident your cover will be approved, and it is what the poster is looking for make a note of it in the thread so as to save other people the work of uploading the same cover!
* Please do not reply to a request by posting a link to another cover site, or asking people to join irc channels. Likewise, under no circumstances should anyone start a new thread advertising another cover site without written (email allowed) permission of a forum administrator.
* Please do not start new threads informing people you have the 'latest' cover. This is a request only forum - Threads that are started in this way will be edited, and user warned.
* Please be aware that a warning is given if any of these rules are broken, and if ignored the user will be temp/perm banned.

Why Is Our Process Different To Other Cover Sites?
* The idea of emailing a user the cover means someone can just pop in, request a cover, and then never return. This is not how it should work. It should be noted also that requests from members which are active and contribute to the forum or site will be given priority over zero posters making a request.
* Having the covers posted on the site prevents people having to request it again in the future, or bump the thread asking for it to be mailed to them.

#2 no1doc

no1doc

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:46 AM

hi can any1 tell me a free site for downloading movies sad.gif

#3 adecarr69

adecarr69

Rookie

• 15 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:08 AM

Give Limewire a try mate, there's a load of them on there, I'm sure you won't be disappointed

#4 Riia

Riia

Advanced Member

• Elite Member
  • 2,296 posts
  • Covers:5708

• Rank (last 60 days):
    4th in Blu-Ray Movie
    20th in PC Games
    10th in Playstation 3
    12th in TV Series

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:14 PM

i think having to make 10 posts before being able to request covers is a bit stupid.

#5 Rob

Rob

Developer

• Admin
  • 801 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE(Riia @ Dec 10 2006, 11:14 PM)
i think having to make 10 posts before being able to request covers is a bit stupid.

View Post

maybe. but if anyone could make a request then they would, and we would have far to many requests and they wouldnt all get filled and people would get annoyed that their request had been 'ignored' and there would be absolute anarchy etc etc.. you get the idea

..althought it would be a much better idea to work on amount of covers rather than posts. were going to implement that soon, planning on a christmas makeover smile.gif

#6 ouchyfoot

ouchyfoot

Blue Meanie

• Elite Member
  • 3,926 posts
  • Covers:390

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:33 PM

...also big flurries of requests push the original requesters back four pages.

#7 changiz

changiz

Rookie

• 20 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE(rob @ Sep 5 2005, 07:14 AM)

When Making A Request
    * Please use the search function Before you make a request as at the moment there are several requests for the same covers where it would be a lot easier to handle such requests within one thread
    * Please be specific when requesting - For example, if you want a Hi-res cover, then state you want Hi-Res. If you are only interested in a retail cover, and not a custom, then state that. The same logic applies in regards which region you require.
    * When making a request - It is important to put the title of the movie in the thread title. Please don't use 'Look in', 'help me' or other such thing's as a thread title.
    * Do not request hoardes of covers in one request. Three is more than enough in one thread. Again, post's will be edited/deleted/closed if this rule is ignored.
    * Don't use the signature space to made Your request list its not allowed and will been deleted
    * Always check on the main site before requesting a title. Unless you are requesting a Hi-Res duplicate, all threads started that ask for covers that are on the site will be closed.

When Filling A Request
    * If you have a cover that has been requested you must upload the cover via our upload page. You can then reply to the thread with a link to the cover details page (after it has been approved). Covers are approved (or denied) within 12 hours of being submitted, usually less. If you are confident your cover will be approved, and it is what the poster is looking for make a note of it in the thread so as to save other people the work of uploading the same cover!
    * Please do not reply to a request by posting a link to another cover site, or asking people to join irc channels. Likewise, under no circumstances should anyone start a new thread advertising another cover site without written (email allowed) permission of a forum administrator.
    * Please do not start new threads informing people you have the 'latest' cover. This is a request only forum - Threads that are started in this way will be edited, and user warned.

* The idea of emailing a user the cover means someone can just pop in, request a cover, and then never return. This is not how it should work. It should be noted also that requests from members which are active and contribute to the forum or site will be given priority over zero posters making a request.
    * Having the covers posted on the site prevents people having to request it again in the future, or bump the thread asking for it to be mailed to them.

View Post

I really need a response from Robert. will it satisfy you if I go to 10 different post and thanks them. will it count for 10 post? if your answer is no, youd better to check the 10 posters more carefully even though 10 post is 10 post.

#8 changiz

changiz

Rookie

• 20 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE(rob @ Sep 5 2005, 07:14 AM)

When Making A Request

When Filling A Request

View Post

Before I become a gold member, I read the rules and even though it says you have to have 10 post, it doesnt say it include the gold members. I become a gold member about 30 minutes ago then I found out about the 10 post even though I am still not sure about it, so I sent an email to Rob requesting to cacel my gold membership and credit my account back if thats the case. The thing is its not the $10, its that if one is a paid member, he should have some kind of previlage, at least be able to request a cover. I realy have nothing to post here but to request a few covers that I may need and thats why I paid to be a member.I dont want to post just a lot of BS saying thanks to peoples to fill up my 10 post. I think this 10 post rule should be eliminated at least for paid members.Imagin I go to 10 different posts and say thank you and then you will consider me an active member, thats not right.

#9 ouchyfoot

ouchyfoot

Blue Meanie

• Elite Member
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:17 AM

Whooh...settle down changiz...If you're Gold , you're good to go. Gold members have the right of way...mmmmmmm...soothing sounds....mmmmm
Robs old post is just that...old and outdated...Gold members are instantly activated with full run of the joint. No posts are required...although we wouldn't mind hearing from you. Members posts are all we have to go by in order to keep improving the site.

#10 scouse9976

scouse9976

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Interests:football / boxing / music wigan pier

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:36 PM

afro.gif afro.gif
QUOTE(no1doc @ Oct 15 2006, 09:46 AM)
hi can any1 tell me a free site for downloading movies  sad.gif

View Post

afro.gif you can download bitcomett that will give you links to sites

#11 jagielka

jagielka

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE(rob @ Sep 5 2005, 01:14 PM)

When Making A Request

When Filling A Request

View Post

#12 sandraslmc

sandraslmc

Rookie

• 22 posts
  • Interests:I love to learn.

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:22 PM

just found out why i can't make a request for cover, glad that i read this

#13 Sheep

Sheep

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE(sandraslmc @ Feb 2 2007, 03:22 PM)
just found out why i can't make a request for cover, glad that i read this

View Post

same 4 me

#14 anomaly_7

anomaly_7

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 18 posts
  • Covers:6

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:47 PM

After ten posts, you can start a new topic?

#15 anomaly_7

anomaly_7

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:49 PM

Does uploading covers count as a post?

#16 Rob

Rob

Developer

• Admin
  • 801 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE(anomaly_7 @ Feb 13 2007, 09:49 PM)
Does uploading covers count as a post?

View Post

not yet, sorry.

#17 anomaly_7

anomaly_7

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:13 PM

So then, what counts as a post?

#18 Rob

Rob

Developer

• Admin
  • 801 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:17 PM

a post = a post tongue.gif

you've got 9
reply to this and your all set.

#19 ouchyfoot

ouchyfoot

Blue Meanie

• Elite Member
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:22 AM

That's what I always say. What do you think anomaly?

#20 Goop3005

Goop3005

Rookie

• 26 posts
  • Interests:Sports and Girlfriend

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:50 PM

i think it sould be more than 10 post like 50 to bring more attenton and more coversation to the site?? afro.gif