jasper69

Quality Member

• Elite Member
  • 328 posts
  • Covers:1882

• Rank (last 60 days):
    58th in Music CD

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:32 AM

QUOTE(ouchyfoot @ Apr 16 2007, 02:47 PM)
If they were small to begin with...they'll be small to end with.

View Post

... or do smaller images enlarge to acceptable image quality? confused.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#62 ouchyfoot

ouchyfoot

Blue Meanie

• Elite Member
  • 3,926 posts
  • Covers:390

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:08 AM

sometimes, but a 23 KB jpg...will always be a 23 KB jpg

#63 jasper69

jasper69

Quality Member

• Elite Member
  • 328 posts
  • Covers:1882

• Rank (last 60 days):
    58th in Music CD

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE(ouchyfoot @ Apr 16 2007, 04:08 PM)
sometimes, but a 23 KB jpg...will always be a 23 KB jpg

View Post

Probably just as well that I always prefer to keep my images at least 1000 pixels then biggrin.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#64 khanh45a3kct

khanh45a3kct

Rookie

• 29 posts
  • Covers:72

Posted 13 May 2007 - 05:05 AM

Can new member post the cover

#65 BigApe

BigApe

Big Hairy Mod

• Elite Member
  • 1,383 posts
  • Covers:794

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:25 AM

Khan - Everyone can post covers - just go to the covers page and click the Upload link on the right.
Remember the Golden rule. To request covers you need to have made 10 or more posts, or have subscribed to a gold account

Kinky: Using a Feather. Perverted: Using the chicken!

user posted image

#66 k3v

k3v

• 36 posts
  • Covers:6

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:03 AM

i tried to upload about 6 covers last week and they still dont show does this mean they were not accepted? thumbup1.gif

#67 BigApe

BigApe

Big Hairy Mod

• Elite Member
  • 1,383 posts
  • Covers:794

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:46 AM

Yup - at the moment we are managing to keep the approvals queue fairly clear, but it can take 2 - 3 days at times to clear all covers. If you upped them last week and you cannot see them, then yes, they were not accepted.

This could be for several reasons. In no particular order, we deny covers because

1. The resolution of the scan is far too low - generally covers lower than 100kb or less than 150dpi will be refused.
2. The cover is too dark or light
3. The cover is poorly cropped, or rotated on the page. If you cannot print it out as it is on the site then it won't be accepted
4. The cover already exists here
5. It's a custom cover for a film/CD that is on general release (unless it's very, very good!)

We are looking for quality here, not quantity. We may not have the most, but we aim to have the best. The lower quality covers you may come across are slowly being replaced by some of our more active members.

Have another look at what you uploaded and see if they fall into any of the above groups.
Remember the Golden rule. To request covers you need to have made 10 or more posts, or have subscribed to a gold account

Kinky: Using a Feather. Perverted: Using the chicken!

user posted image

#68 blacknoon

blacknoon

Rookie

• 16 posts
  • Covers:37

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:04 AM

Hi,

I've been trying to upload a custom cover and dvd label for the movie 300 and don't see it here. It's been two weeks and was wondering why has it's been rejected. I've uploaded two custom Doctor Who covers with no problems but don't understand why this is being such a problem. I created it the same way.

Thanks

bash.gif

#69 tweetybird

tweetybird

Barbie Girl MOD

• Elite Member
  • 6,292 posts
  • Interests:My Grandchildren
  • Covers:6834

• Rank (last 60 days):
    33rd in Blu-Ray Movie
    10th in DVD Movie
    70th in Music CD
    7th in Playstation 3
    17th in TV Series
    4th in Wii

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:29 AM

We already have several 300 custom covers on site at this time - the Moderator who denied your cover must not have thought it was any different or better than the ones already here. It's always a tough call when it comes to custom covers - That is why I like to deal with the retail ones - so much easier and no feelings can get hurt.
"Ain't I a wittle stinker?"

#70 gerry037

gerry037

Advanced Member

• 188 posts
  • Covers:62

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:33 AM

how about this one
.http://broughtoyou.com[SIZE=7]

#71 tweetybird

tweetybird

Barbie Girl MOD

• Elite Member
  • 6,292 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    33rd in Blu-Ray Movie
    10th in DVD Movie
    70th in Music CD
    7th in Playstation 3
    17th in TV Series
    4th in Wii

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:56 PM

What's the Question?????????

#72 EByGum

EByGum

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Covers:96

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:35 PM

I have 3 questions:

1) When the auto scan is complete I have a size of 1424 x 1412. When the scan is straightened and trimmed I end up with around 1400 x 1400. Should I leave it at this or stretch it to 1500 x 1500?

2) Some of the inserts have staples in the sides. Do you want these left on or trimmed off?

3) Do I need to unclip the case and remove the back cover? (Silly question I suppose but I hate doing this!)

All the best,

EByGum

#73 NZ_Petal

NZ_Petal

Advanced Member

• Elite Member
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Computers
  • Covers:3353

• Rank (last 60 days):
    10th in DVD Movie

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:12 AM

[quote=EByGum,Jul 5 2007, 07:35 AM]
I have 3 questions:

1) When the auto scan is complete I have a size of 1424 x 1412. When the scan is straightened and trimmed I end up with around 1400 x 1400. Should I leave it at this or stretch it to 1500 x 1500?

2) Some of the inserts have staples in the sides. Do you want these left on or trimmed off?

1) I personally prefer you leave as scanned in 1400 x 1400 and my printer will handle the rest smile.gif Otherwise increasing will screw it.
2) Using clone and paint over staples smile.gif

Just my opinion smile.gif

#74 tweetybird

tweetybird

Barbie Girl MOD

• Elite Member
  • 6,292 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    33rd in Blu-Ray Movie
    10th in DVD Movie
    70th in Music CD
    7th in Playstation 3
    17th in TV Series
    4th in Wii

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:35 PM

Auto scan?? Doesn't anybody ever play around with their stuff these days?? I've learned a lot of neat stuff my scanner can do just by playing around with it - who ever really reads the manuals anyway?? One of them is picking the dpi I wish to scan with. I found I can also crop my cover before doing the actual scan using a preview option on my scanner. I can change the range of what resolution to scan at. I can totally manipulate a cover to whatever I want.
Are you guys just putting a cover in your scanner and crossing your fingers?? Get in there and have some fun with it and see what all you can do.
A 1400x1400 DVD cover is below what is needed and willl not be accepted - but that size is okay for a CD cover. The minimum DVD cover is 1500x1000 and minimum CD cover is 500x500 - Period!!

I also found a neat trick to help do away with those annoying spine bumps. It quick and easy.
First take your covers (it works best with several covers - but using one is okay) and stack them together.
Then very gently fold the covers at the spine the opposite way so that the outside edges are touching each other. You can then take the covers and place them between some books leaving the spine loop hanging out. Do not press hard, you don't want to make another crease.
Remove the covers from the books, roll gently lengthwise into a tube with the front of the cover on the inside of the roll. Hold it for a few, then open and gently roll lengthwise the opposite way, with the front on the outside of the roll. Again just hold it like that for a few. Unroll and smooth them out gently. When placing cover in the scanner, Take a good sized book that has some weight to it and place on top of the cover. Just make sure the book isn't bigger than your scanner. Scan.
That's what I do and it really reduces the folds in my scans.

#75 sb4100

sb4100

Sb4100

• Elite Member
  • 6,533 posts
  • Interests:Many Interests
  • Covers:30890

• Rank (last 60 days):
    2nd in Anime DVD
    2nd in DVD Movie
    4th in HD-DVD Movie
    2nd in Music DVD
    19th in Other Console
    3rd in Playstation 3
    2nd in TV Series
    19th in VCD

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:27 AM

Quick question what should i call a cover if it has 4 lanuages

user posted image

Danish-Swedish-Dutch-Finland

#76 EByGum

EByGum

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Covers:96

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(tweetybird @ Jul 8 2007, 03:35 PM)
Auto scan?? Doesn't anybody ever play around with their stuff these days?? I've learned a lot of neat stuff my scanner can do just by playing around with it - who ever really reads the manuals anyway?? One of them is picking the dpi I wish to scan with. I found I can also crop my cover before doing the actual scan using a preview option on my scanner. I can change the range of what resolution to scan at. I can totally manipulate a cover to whatever I want.
Are you guys just putting a cover in your scanner and crossing your fingers?? Get in there and have some fun with it and see what all you can do.
A 1400x1400 DVD cover is below what is needed and willl not be accepted - but that size is okay for a CD cover. The minimum DVD cover is 1500x1000 and minimum CD cover is 500x500 - Period!!

I also found a neat trick to help do away with those annoying spine bumps. It quick and easy.
First take your covers (it works best with several covers - but using one is okay) and stack them together.
Then very gently fold the covers at the spine the opposite way so that the outside edges are touching each other. You can then take the covers and place them between some books leaving the spine loop hanging out. Do not press hard, you don't want to make another crease.
Remove the covers from the books, roll gently lengthwise into a tube with the front of the cover on the inside of the roll. Hold it for a few, then open and gently roll lengthwise the opposite way, with the front on the outside of the roll. Again just hold it like that for a few. Unroll and smooth them out gently. When placing cover in the scanner, Take a good sized book that has some weight to it and place on top of the cover. Just make sure the book isn't bigger than your scanner. Scan.
That's what I do and it really reduces the folds in my scans.

View Post

eek.gif
Maybe auto scan was the wrong words to use. I have set up my scanner to give optimum results so I just select 'cd_cover' and scan.

I still have to do a little tweeking but the scanner has already done most of the work.

cool.gif

#77 grenader

grenader

Advanced Member

• 266 posts
  • Covers:278

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:21 AM

Thank you for information
afro.gif

#78 siwalker007

siwalker007

Rookie

• 10 posts
  • Interests:tv,computer games,playing with my kids.
  • Covers:369

• Rank (last 60 days):
    80th in DVD Movie

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:03 PM

hi can any 1 help me ive uploaded a few covers so far but ive got a load of series/season covers ive made eg hannah montana seasons 1 & 2 and a few others but everytime i try and upload them just like the film way but tv series instead chosen it comes back error must choose at least 1 cover but i already did can any1 pm me wot ive done wrong thank u
"The Names 007 siwalker007"

#79 sb4100

sb4100

Sb4100

• Elite Member
  • 6,533 posts
  • Interests:Many Interests
  • Covers:30890

• Rank (last 60 days):
    2nd in Anime DVD
    2nd in DVD Movie
    4th in HD-DVD Movie
    2nd in Music DVD
    19th in Other Console
    3rd in Playstation 3
    2nd in TV Series
    19th in VCD

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE(siwalker007 @ Oct 2 2008, 11:03 PM)
hi can any 1 help me ive uploaded a few covers so far but ive got a load of series/season covers ive made eg hannah montana seasons 1 & 2 and a few others but everytime i try and upload them just like the film way but tv series instead chosen it comes back error must choose at least 1 cover but i already did can any1 pm me wot ive done wrong thank u

View Post

Upload has a problem at moment

#80 kev1981

kev1981

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Covers:12

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:49 AM

can i ask you an important question? I make covers so i will gladly share them but if i upload a cover on here, will it effect my download meter? Here in Belgium our up and download are limited so i have to know this.

Do you know that if i post it hier, it is saved as a file or that they use my server to download it?