Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 590 posts
  • Covers:706

• Rank (last 60 days):
    52nd in TV Series

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:21 AM

Getting a printer that does the job.

I have the Canon Pixma iP 4600 that does mine. Other member will be able to tell you what they use.

#3 COOL_Stoner

COOL_Stoner

The COOL One

• Gold Member
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Computer Repair and Upgrading, Electronic Repair (flat screen TVs, Ipods, DVD Players, Media Players)Chess, Playing guitar
  • Covers:11

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE(mondytd @ Jun 20 2009, 02:38 PM)
What`s the best way of printing the actual kabel which goes on the cd blink.gif

View Post

clap.gif any laser printer can do the job specially color laser printer, you may experiment on any different media that can be printed directly on the disc or you may use lightscribe media if you so choose.

#4 StD

StD

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 317 posts
  • Covers:347

Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE(COOL_Stoner @ Jun 21 2009, 03:32 AM)
clap.gif any laser printer can do the job specially color laser printer, you may experiment on any different media that can be printed directly on the disc or you may use lightscribe media if you so choose.

View Post

Hmmm, eek.gif clap.gif ...tell me the type/producer of laser printer which does print directly on normal CD-R/DVD+-R disks without harming them (temperature...). bangin.gif censored.gif

I personally print on clr laser only "covers" and not "labels", which does print my Pixma iP4500 inkjet. Am happy. whistling.gif
IF IT AIN'T BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT

#5 Adamsy

Adamsy

Advanced Member

• Elite Member
  • 63 posts
  • Covers:158

• Rank (last 60 days):
    44th in PC Games
    3rd in Playstation 3
    3rd in Xbox 360

Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:16 AM

i use an Epson Rx560 to print directly on to my discs and had no trouble with the final product. Plus the inks for epson printers are cheap as hell biggrin.gif

#6 paringa

paringa

Rookie

• 12 posts
  • Covers:20

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:10 AM

i use a Canon Pixma iP 4200 a few years old now but it was one of the first that came with software for printing on labels and quickly allowed the changing of the inner diameter of the disc to compensate for various manufacturers disc printing layouts, not so important now as i can easily source full face discs but there was a time when it was important

#7 meddi

meddi

elite member

• Elite Member
  • 604 posts
  • Interests:creating custom dvd covers.
  • Covers:1246

• Rank (last 60 days):
    22nd in DVD Movie
    54th in TV Series

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:50 PM

canon pixma ip 4600 is great and the inks are not expensive with excellent results with the print.
if you don`t leave,you will never come back again

#8 netizen

netizen

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:46 AM

My Canon MP610 MultiFunction printer gives excellent result.

#9 StD

StD

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 317 posts
  • Covers:347

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE(meddi @ Jun 28 2009, 12:50 AM)
canon pixma ip 4600 is great and the inks are not expensive with excellent results with the print.

View Post

BTW The old iP4500/6700D is better because of bigger (13 ml) ink cartridges... We have already an action here - Buy 1 (one) cartridge get 2 (second) for free... clap.gif

So I am well fed with ink for next year at least. cheers.gif
IF IT AIN'T BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT

#10 fantastic04_2007

fantastic04_2007

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:30 AM

but how can i cut cd labels using scissors?

#11 Tiffany

Tiffany

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 590 posts
  • Covers:706

• Rank (last 60 days):
    52nd in TV Series

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE(fantastic04_2007 @ Nov 30 2009, 09:30 PM)

View Post

Throw them away. You get a label come loose in your DVD player and you can throw that out too. Not worth the costs.

Printing your labels onto your disc is a better option.

#12 derek01

derek01

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • Covers:147

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:53 PM

hi i use an epson stylus photo R285 with a ciss & a waste ink tank bypass bag this is my second epson that does the job & only cost 55
i used to use an epson stylus photo R265 befoe this they're great at it try using full face silver inkjet printable disks with a inkjet that prints onto cd/dvd media gives a kind of holographic finish look very cool

#13 SG8

SG8

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:33 PM

I use an Epson R300 to print directly onto discs, and a CISS which is the business, no running out of ink halfway through a job and having to change cartridges etc.

#14 jinnie

jinnie

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Films obviously, my family, music, reading, If there is one thing I could not live without it would be books. Back alot better but I don't want to agravate it so not back into the fitness yet!! Swimming, specially with my kids, its such a giggle, but not done for a while, I'll sit and read and watch them having fun instead. How come your mind goes blank at these things huh?
  • Covers:166

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:38 AM

r285 plus a ciss......... does the job fantastically without the monumental cost of ink.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#15 jinnie

jinnie

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Films obviously, my family, music, reading, If there is one thing I could not live without it would be books. Back alot better but I don't want to agravate it so not back into the fitness yet!! Swimming, specially with my kids, its such a giggle, but not done for a while, I'll sit and read and watch them having fun instead. How come your mind goes blank at these things huh?
  • Covers:166

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE(mondytd @ Jun 20 2009, 07:38 PM)
What`s the best way of printing the actual kabel which goes on the cd blink.gif

View Post

just saw the first post in this......... I would NEVER..........can i repeat NEVER......... use a label that you stuck onto a cd!!!! They look crap........... last only a few plays and look unproffessional.

If you are making cd's for yourself or helping out other peeps......... get a printer that prints directly onto media.

So much easier, much less time consuming and lets face it....... they LOOK better and last longer.

that's my 2pence worth anyway lol

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#16 cassidy_sweet3381

cassidy_sweet3381

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE(fantastic04_2007 @ Nov 30 2009, 10:30 AM)

View Post

I use Memorex exPressit Label Design Studio Software. It is like a sticker, it comes with a press and labels that you just put in your printer and print onto the labe, peel and stick.

#17 meddi

meddi

elite member

• Elite Member
  • 604 posts
  • Interests:creating custom dvd covers.
  • Covers:1246

• Rank (last 60 days):
    22nd in DVD Movie
    54th in TV Series

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(fantastic04_2007 @ Nov 30 2009, 12:30 PM)

View Post

cd labels are NOT meant to be cut with a scissors.a cd label is precut on an inkjet label.And if you cut a label,how do you propose to stick it on the disc? confused.gif But the precut cut labels can be pressed onto the disc as they are sticky on their own.BUT my advice is get a printer like an epson or a canon pixma,which can print directly on disc,and they also have the software needed to do the job cheers.gif
if you don`t leave,you will never come back again

#18 TheBrain

TheBrain

Rookie

• Gold Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:58 PM

The best way to print cd/dvd labels is by using a capable printer. Canon, Epson, Samsung and even HP make such printers.

I'm using a Canon MP500 with Verbatim full surface (white) inkjet printable discs and sometimes i use silver printable discs, with some (custom)labels this gives a super look smile.gif

#19 COOL_Stoner

COOL_Stoner

The COOL One

• Gold Member
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Computer Repair and Upgrading, Electronic Repair (flat screen TVs, Ipods, DVD Players, Media Players)Chess, Playing guitar
  • Covers:11

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE(StD @ Jun 21 2009, 02:14 AM)
Hmmm,  eek.gif  clap.gif ...tell me the type/producer of laser printer which does print directly on normal CD-R/DVD+-R disks without harming them (temperature...).  bangin.gif  censored.gif

I personally print on clr laser only "covers" and not "labels", which does print my Pixma iP4500 inkjet. Am happy.  whistling.gif

View Post

CD Printer
A CD Printer will allow you to make professionally finished CDs. Using either inkjet or thermal technology a CD Printer will really set your product apart from other recorded discs in the market place. Inkjet printers are a great place to start if you want fast, colourful, high-res prints that your customers and designers will love. Discs finished with a CD Printer that uses inkjet technology might be more colourful than their thermally printed counterparts but unfortunately they might prove to be less durable. If you want to ensure that your printed disc looks good for the lifecycle of the disc it may be necessary to finish the disc with a clear lacquer. You can either buy clear spray type lacquer in a can or you can purchase a dedicated disc coating machine that will increase your output quality.
For more durable finishes straight from the printer it is advised that you consider a thermal printer. Although more expensive, thermal printers work in very different ways to an inkjet CD Printer. A thermal CD Printer will use a coloured ribbon that is melted onto the top surface of the CD. The results will be similar to results achieved with a monotone laser printer on paper. You could think of a thermal CD Printer as a laser printer and an inkjet CD Printer as being similar to an inkjet paper printer. In many ways the prices are reflected in the same way.

For any individual or company that is serious about making the right impression with their duplicated CD products investment in a CD Printer is an absolute must. There will be no more adhering of labels and your customers will be blown away by the production skills and expertise you have to offer. The best news is that a CD Printer is cheap to buy and the results are terrific.

#20 Bobble3922

Bobble3922

Region 2 Scanner

• Elite Member
  • 228 posts
  • Covers:3414

• Rank (last 60 days):
    5th in TV Series

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:07 PM

[quote=COOL_Stoner,Jan 27 2010, 06:49 AM]CD Printer
A CD Printer will allow you to make professionally finished CDs. Using either inkjet or thermal technology a CD Printer will really set your product apart from other recorded discs in the market place. Inkjet printers are a great place to start if you want fast, colourful, high-res prints that your customers and designers will love. Discs finished with a CD Printer that uses inkjet technology might be more colourful than their thermally printed counterparts but unfortunately they might prove to be less durable. If you want to ensure that your printed disc looks good for the lifecycle of the disc it may be necessary to finish the disc with a clear lacquer. You can either buy clear spray type lacquer in a can or you can purchase a dedicated disc coating machine that will increase your output quality.
For more durable finishes straight from the printer it is advised that you consider a thermal printer. Although more expensive, thermal printers work in very different ways to an inkjet CD Printer. A thermal CD Printer will use a coloured ribbon that is melted onto the top surface of the CD. The results will be similar to results achieved with a monotone laser printer on paper. You could think of a thermal CD Printer as a laser printer and an inkjet CD Printer as being similar to an inkjet paper printer. In many ways the prices are reflected in the same way.

Top notch post couldn't have said it any better,

Regards

Bob