Bobble3922

Region 2 Scanner

• Elite Member
  • 228 posts
  • Covers:3414

• Rank (last 60 days):
    5th in TV Series

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:55 PM

Nobody can supply covers consistently at extremely High Resolution only if they produce the work themselves, I do.

Bobble

Attached Files

#22 Bobble3922

Bobble3922

Region 2 Scanner

• Elite Member
  • 228 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    5th in TV Series

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:05 PM

Rising Damp
Father Brown
The Flintstones TV
Band Of Brothers
Peter Kay
Catherine Tate
The Sandbaggers
Jesse Stone
The National Geographic Journeys with Wildlife 27 DVD Collection
Battlestar Galactica
Allo Allo
Prime Suspect
Minder
Jonathan Creek

and lots more

Attached Files

#23 Bobble3922

Bobble3922

Region 2 Scanner

• Elite Member
  • 228 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    5th in TV Series

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:25 PM

Kavanagh
Mc Callum
The Amicus Collection
Hammer House Of Mystery And Suspense
Hammer House Of Horror
Hammer The Vampire Collection
Hammer Horror Originals
The New Avengers
Monty Python Film Collection
The Pink Panther Fim Collection
The Pink Panther Cartoon Collection
Miss Marple
Indiana Jones
Star Wars

lots and lots more

Attached Files

#24 Bobble3922

Bobble3922

Region 2 Scanner

• Elite Member
  • 228 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    5th in TV Series

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:31 PM

Shameless
The Two Ronnies
Morcambe And Wise
Brideshead Revisited
The Blue Planet

I am a little bored in listing anymore.

Attached Files

#25 Bobble3922

Bobble3922

Region 2 Scanner

• Elite Member
  • 228 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    5th in TV Series

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:40 PM

What about these ?

Attached Files

#26 jay09

jay09

A Good Member

• Elite Member
  • 600 posts
  • Covers:3442

• Rank (last 60 days):
    24th in Blu-Ray Movie

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:54 PM

Welcome to FreeCovers

#27 Wiwar

Wiwar

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:24 AM

Why bump ur own intro thread in such a way, very strange confused.gif

user posted image

#28 tweetybird

tweetybird

Barbie Girl MOD

• Elite Member
  • 6,292 posts
  • Interests:My Grandchildren
  • Covers:6834

• Rank (last 60 days):
    33rd in Blu-Ray Movie
    10th in DVD Movie
    70th in Music CD
    7th in Playstation 3
    17th in TV Series
    4th in Wii

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE(Bobble3922 @ Aug 7 2009, 02:39 PM)
I am happy to share, if you want to kick me into touch as a cover cow then we end the friendship here, if you want to promote my work for your site then lets communicate ?

Bob

View Post

I am sorry Bob - but what is a cover cow??
Just curious.
"Ain't I a wittle stinker?"

#29 tweetybird

tweetybird

Barbie Girl MOD

• Elite Member
  • 6,292 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    33rd in Blu-Ray Movie
    10th in DVD Movie
    70th in Music CD
    7th in Playstation 3
    17th in TV Series
    4th in Wii

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE(Bobble3922 @ Aug 7 2009, 02:06 PM)
Hi all,

I must admit my attraction here was to obtain some covers for a R2 Box Set, I uploaded lots of my own work whilst waiting for pay pal to pay my gold member subs. As I have 1000's of covers and more every week I have taken a step back, why you may ask firstly the covers I wanted were shown as hires and offered as uncompressed to me that was brilliant until the uncompressed covers turned out to be SH 1 T, I think they were 50 dpi. I am not complaining about the site but when I maintain such high standards and have to continually have my work moderated and my attraction was for covers that I was promised publically are hires and uncompressed and turned out to be as I have already mentioned I am a little disappointed.

Love me or hate me I don't care you wil get my finished product, scanned at 600 dpi, templated and edited to a 300 dpi template. I don't want to discuss how I do it but I do it just as good if not better than the best paying sites online.

I have 1000's of covers to offer here that I have created and I need a bit more incentive than pay for the right to give lots and get suspect work.

I see a message mentioning big changes here I would like to see a big change in you offering me bobbles R2 section  where I am sure I will attract many members who will pay to download my work. I have a lot of experience on forums as I have been an admin on a few of my own v bulletin sites, I have also moderated on a few humungous sites long gone.

Anyone like carry on ? hopefully attached, this is a very very small example of my capabilities,

Bobble (aka Jackdaw)

View Post

I am sorry you seem to having an issue with bad covers - anyone in particular that was especially bad??
I can't help with the R2 issue - I am an R1 scanner - but I must say that the covers I have gotten here (when I can't scan myself) have been for the most part very satisfactory and have printed out rather nicely. I will admit that some of the older covers can be pretty bad - we are just waiting for someone to upload better so we can get rid of those bad eggs.
Again - this is a very easy going site - we are not militant here - and we do have quite a few very good uploaders here - and the whole team - Admin and MODs - do our level best to keep the quality standards up and keep the worst of the junk out.
AS always - if you are not happy with your Gold membership here - we will happily issue you a refund - it is not a problem. We just want our membership to be happy.
Thank You smile.gif

#30 pollyanna03

pollyanna03

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:17 AM

hi nice to see you here.I am pollyanna.Hope you all have good days

One-Tree-Hill-Season-1-7-DVD-Boxset
True- Blood-Season-2-DVD-Boxset-DVDS
Gossip-Girls-Seasons-1-3-DVD-Boxset

#31 Bobble3922

Bobble3922

Region 2 Scanner

• Elite Member
  • 228 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    5th in TV Series

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE(tweetybird @ Aug 8 2009, 11:18 PM)
I am sorry Bob - but what is a cover cow??
Just curious.

View Post

Hi and thanks for your time and reply,

A cover cow, most sites need lots of uploads to boast lots of covers. Lots of sites don't care about the quality or where the covers come from they just need stats. There are a lot of people who will sign into lots of sites and download other peoples covers and upload to other sites pretending they are their own work. I don't come into this catagory I produce my own work from beginning to end. A Moderators joy ?of course because my work is consistant. I have moderated on a few sites before and been involved in approving covers. A secret if the uploaders quality and file size is different each time they aren't their own work. Don't confuse origianl scanners with cover cows?

Did I explain ok ?

What you get is my work and if you aren't happy I can re look and sort.

Bobble

A Cover Cow - A Launderer Of Covers not belonging them with no ability to improve their uploads if challenged. (if you care that is)

#32 tweetybird

tweetybird

Barbie Girl MOD

• Elite Member
  • 6,292 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    33rd in Blu-Ray Movie
    10th in DVD Movie
    70th in Music CD
    7th in Playstation 3
    17th in TV Series
    4th in Wii

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(Bobble3922 @ Aug 10 2009, 11:59 AM)
Hi and thanks for your time and reply,

A cover cow, most sites need lots of uploads to boast lots of covers. Lots of sites don't care about the quality or where the covers come from they just need stats. There are a lot of people who will sign into lots of sites and download other peoples covers and upload to other sites pretending they are their own work. I don't come into this catagory I produce my own work from beginning to end. A Moderators joy ?of course because my work is consistant. I have moderated on a few sites before and been involved in approving covers. A secret if the uploaders quality and file size is different each time they aren't their own work. Don't confuse origianl scanners with cover cows?

Did I explain ok ?

What you get is my work and if you aren't happy I can re look and sort.

Bobble

A Cover Cow - A Launderer Of Covers not belonging them with no ability to improve their uploads if challenged. (if you care that is)

View Post

OK - I get your meaning - I usually call those people 'Cover Site Hos'!!! tongue.gif

#33 Bobble3922

Bobble3922

Region 2 Scanner

• Elite Member
  • 228 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    5th in TV Series

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE(tweetybird @ Aug 8 2009, 11:44 PM)
I am sorry you seem to having an issue with bad covers - anyone in particular that was especially bad??
I can't help with the R2 issue - I am an R1 scanner - but I must say that the covers I have gotten here (when I can't scan myself) have been for the most part very satisfactory and have printed out rather nicely. I will admit that some of the older covers can be pretty bad - we are just waiting for someone to upload better so we can get rid of those bad eggs.
Again - this is a very easy going site - we are not militant here - and we do have quite a few very good uploaders here - and the whole team - Admin and MODs - do our level best to keep the quality standards up and keep the worst of the junk out.
AS always - if you are not happy with your Gold membership here - we will happily issue you a refund - it is not a problem. We just want our membership to be happy.
Thank You smile.gif

View Post

A couple of things,

I buy R1 DVD's when it's not possible to get R2. I have no issue with regions. I have no issues with what you call satisfactory, does this please you and annoy others ? I am not interested in other covers if I need a cover I will buy and recreate and share to my high standards.

I am not happy with having to pay you so I can download my covers and I have 1000's of equal quality, equal quality because I do all myself. Some of you mods please just take at look at my work to date.

I am happy being an uploader, I am not happy having to pay you for the privelige. If you can't see my covers will attract a following who will pay to join then we can't talk.

Regarding all regions I am more than happy to work on all covers from all regions if you create a section called raw scans. The scan added to this section must be scanned at 600 dpi, 100% size and descreen the only setting. I am more than happy to work these scan and upload to the site time allowing.

Bob

#34 Bobble3922

Bobble3922

Region 2 Scanner

• Elite Member
  • 228 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    5th in TV Series

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE(Wiwar @ Aug 8 2009, 02:24 AM)
Why bump ur own intro thread in such a way, very strange  confused.gif

View Post

Hi,

Not sure as to your meaning ? to scan a cover + label takes a bit of time especially if you notice dust etc in the initial scan. It isn't unheard of that I will scan a cover several times until I get the raw scan clean. A clean scan is the basis of my work. The scan has been done at 600 dpi, 100% and descreened. It has been straightened,then added to a 300 dpi psd template to remove lots of moire and make it a more user friendlier file size. The scan has then been re edited to remove moire, then edited to enhance all colours. Then the scan presentable to share. Its the same process for labels to. Most covers labels take up 1 hour to create and edit. You can download it in seconds and re upload to0 many sites as if you did it yourself.

Why you should be confused I don't know unless you don't do it yourself.

Regards

Bob

#35 tweetybird

tweetybird

Barbie Girl MOD

• Elite Member
  • 6,292 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    33rd in Blu-Ray Movie
    10th in DVD Movie
    70th in Music CD
    7th in Playstation 3
    17th in TV Series
    4th in Wii

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE(Bobble3922 @ Aug 10 2009, 12:23 PM)
A couple of things,

I buy R1 DVD's when it's not possible to get R2. I have no issue with regions. I have no issues with what you call satisfactory, does this please you and annoy others ? I am not interested in other covers if I need a cover I will buy and recreate and share to my high standards.

I am not happy with having to pay you so I can download my covers and I have 1000's of equal quality, equal quality because I do all myself. Some of you mods please just take at look at my work to date.

I am happy being an uploader, I am not happy having to pay you for the privelige. If you can't see my covers will attract a following who will pay to join then we can't talk.

Regarding all regions I am more than happy to work on all covers from all regions if you create a section called raw scans. The scan added to this section must be scanned at 600 dpi, 100% size and descreen the only setting. I am more than happy to work these scan and upload to the site time allowing.

Bob

View Post

Again - if you are not happy with your subscription - do you want a refund???
We do not have fancy sponsors here - it is a self-made site - currently running off 4 very large servers. Compared to several other 'popular' cover sites - this site already receives 10 - 20 times MORE hits at any given time - all the time - then they do - but we are not running a popularity contest here - just a nice place to hopefully find what you are looking for.
I joined this site because I found it very easy to navigate (I was not much of a computer person then - have learned a lot since - but by no means any kind of expert even now) - it is very easy to upload and download here - unlike some other sites - and the staff here is a really cool group of people from all over the world. Not to mention we have some really nice members from all over too!! So let's just keep everything nice - OK?? smile.gif

#36 Bobble3922

Bobble3922

Region 2 Scanner

• Elite Member
  • 228 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    5th in TV Series

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(tweetybird @ Aug 10 2009, 06:46 PM)
Again - if you are not happy with your subscription - do you want a refund???
We do not have fancy sponsors here - it is a self-made site - currently running off 4 very large servers. Compared to several other 'popular' cover sites - this site already receives 10 - 20 times MORE hits at any given time - all the time - then they do - but we are not running a popularity contest here - just a nice place to hopefully find what you are looking for.
I joined this site because I found it very easy to navigate (I was not much of a computer person then - have learned a lot since - but by no means any kind of expert even now) - it is very easy to upload and download here - unlike some other sites - and the staff here is a really cool group of people from all over the world. Not to mention we have some really nice members from all over too!! So let's just keep everything nice - OK?? smile.gif

View Post

Hi,

Keeping all nice including you ? I don't want a refund far from it I want to enhance your site and I think I am doing a great job at the moment as I only offer my own work. Regarding navigating apart from uploading and checking out requests and my profile to ensure I haven't uploaded twice navigating is fine for me. Regarding hits now I am here I am sure you will attract more members. I am sure we have really nice members why shouldn't we.

I am sorry we have started off on the wrong note my intentions are honourable mam.

If my showing of some of what I can add here is wrong but attracts more interest I am sorry.

Best Regards

Bobble

Please evaluate me in my sharing and what I share, I don't do politics however I have my principles. These principles made me unpopular with staff not down loaders from another site. I think if you upload your own work people should respect that and not upload work you have previously done on other sites as their own especially if you are a member of the site they are uploading to. Wherever else they want to upload is none of my business and why should it be,this made me unpopular with staff. I also made attempts to broaden the range of labels to include centres of all sizes. DVD's and cd's today come as 22mm,36mm and 42mm centres. You can buy all of these types of blank discs the same as you buy all types of dvd boxes. I was told no 16mm centres are the only disc labels acceptable. In result downloaders lost out on 1000's of disc labels. My principles are the downloader must decide once the uploader uploads acceptable files. On a paying site the membership agreed the management didn't so thats my claim to shame and they made my life intolerable and at the end of the day I only supply my own work at extremely high standards.

In conclusion I don't want to cause any ill feeling but in 3 months time after I have given you the best part of my own created port folio I will need to pay you for the right to if I need to download a cover. Whether I am right or wrong I am new here and you need to convince me I am wrong please do otherwise support me in doing what I do best.

Best Regards

Bob

#37 tweetybird

tweetybird

Barbie Girl MOD

• Elite Member
  • 6,292 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    33rd in Blu-Ray Movie
    10th in DVD Movie
    70th in Music CD
    7th in Playstation 3
    17th in TV Series
    4th in Wii

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE(Bobble3922 @ Aug 11 2009, 01:01 PM)
Hi,

Keeping all nice including you ? I don't want a refund far from it I want to enhance your site and I think I am doing a great job at the moment as I only offer my own work. Regarding navigating apart from uploading and checking out requests and my profile to ensure I haven't uploaded twice navigating is fine for me. Regarding hits now I am here I am sure you will attract more members. I am sure we have really nice members why shouldn't we.

I am sorry we have started off on the wrong note my intentions are honourable mam.

If my showing of some of what I can add here is wrong but attracts more interest  I am sorry.

Best Regards

Bobble

Please evaluate me in my sharing and what I share, I don't do politics however I have my principles. These principles made me unpopular with staff not down loaders from a one site. I think if you upload your own work people should respect that and not upload work you have previously done on other sites as their own especially if you are a member of the site they are uploading to. Wherever else they want to upload is none of my business and why should it be,this made me unpopular with staff. I also made attempts to broaden the range of labels to include centres of all sizes. DVD's and cd's today come as 22mm,36mm and 42mm centres. You can buy all of these types of blank discs the same as you buy all types of dvd boxes. I was told no 16mm centres are the only disc labels acceptable. In result downloaders lost out on 1000's of disc labels. My principles are the downloader must decide once the uploader uploads acceptable files. On a paying site the membership agreed the management didn't so thats my claim to shame and they made my life intolerable and at the end of the day I only supply my own work at extremely high standards.

In conclusion I don't want to cause any ill feeling but in 3 months time after I have given you the best part of my own created port folio I will need to pay you for the right to if I need to download a cover. Whether I am right or wrong I am new here and you need to convince me I am wrong please do otherwise support me in doing what I do best.

Best Regards

Bob

View Post

We have recently added a new group called the 'Elites' and you are on your way to becoming one. This group has the same privileges as a Gold Member - without the cost - and that includes still being able to download uncompressed covers. These members are chosen for their constant and continual good quality uploads - Customs and/or Retails - their helpfulness to other members in the forums - whether that is in helping them to create covers - finding covers - or just a nice 'Hello', 'Welcome' or 'Happy Birthday'!!.

AS for more people coming here - they come here because they can find what they are looking for (hopefully) - Period. That is why anyone goes to any site on the net - if they weren't getting what they wanted - they would go elsewhere. That is why Max HAD to purchase bigger & better servers - to keep up with the people that are continually coming here. We just reached a milestone the other day - Over 750,000 members!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Who is to say that they are coming here for 'wiseowls', 'meddis', 'sb4100s', 'whitewarlocks', 'tmscrapbooks', 'murphys', 'ouchyfoots', 'claudiaqs', 'budsters', 'archchefs', 'tweetybirds' or 'joeblows' covers - they are coming because they like what they are finding regardless of who is providing it (Frankly I don't believe the masses really care - just as long as they can get a good cover) - it is a team and group effort!!! They were coming here before - and will no doubt still be coming after.

Yes - your covers are very nice - and they are an asset - but they are not going to make or break this site, nor or mine or anyone elses'. AS long as we can provide the best we can - the membership here will continue to grow and be happy!!! Isn't that what everybody wants??? I like having Happy Members!!! smile.gif

#38 brenda72

brenda72

Advanced Member

• 415 posts
  • Covers:1

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:09 PM

welcome biggrin.gif

#39 Bobble3922

Bobble3922

Region 2 Scanner

• Elite Member
  • 228 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    5th in TV Series

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

My Thanks to the 1000's of you who have started to download my covers,

nuff said

Bobble

#40 brymac4711

brymac4711

Guitar Man

• Gold Member
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Play guitar, collect music from various interest. Involved with martial arts. And Golf
  • Covers:572

• Rank (last 60 days):
    71st in Music CD

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:55 PM

Welcome.....
Posted Image

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Courier'>Welcome To Paradise Everyone</span></span>