• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tealmarlin

tealmarlin

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:34 PM

I want to Burn a Movie File to a DVD -rw disk. The movie is from a free online movie website, it was in a .flv format that I converted to mpeg. And then That file saved to my pc.

I can Copy the movie file from realplayer onto a Cd, but not Dvd.

So I try on Nero. Im having problems burning with nero Video Cd, after the burn is complete, I put the cd back into my pc, and just get a list of programs to burn the cd again. (?)

Is it possible that My dvd/cd drive is not a burner to begin with. *Edit-My Dvd/cd drive is RW, and can Burn, so thats ok...

Can I just put a cd in a dvd/cd Duplicator, and copy that Master CD to Blank DVDs.

Any Advise. Thank you.

Disclaimer- The Dvds Are only for my own Personel use.

#2 sb4100

sb4100

Sb4100

• Elite Member
  • 6,533 posts
  • Interests:Many Interests
  • Covers:30890

• Rank (last 60 days):
    2nd in Anime DVD
    2nd in DVD Movie
    4th in HD-DVD Movie
    2nd in Music DVD
    19th in Other Console
    3rd in Playstation 3
    2nd in TV Series
    19th in VCD

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:17 AM

Burn a cd or dvd with nero and try another pc if it works if no other pc burn it shut down pc and restart and see if it works after go to my computer and see it has any files. Could be the disk drive but realplayer isnt a proper burner software. Videos need to be in VOB format for video cd/dvd as there would be no need for convert then.

How old is the disk drive? What disk drive it is? What disks are you using if its RW maybe they are to damaged now the jel has probably worn out.

#3 Mr Sad

Mr Sad

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Covers:17

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE(tealmarlin @ Dec 30 2008, 08:34 PM)
I want to Burn a Movie File to a DVD -rw disk. The movie is from a free online movie website, it was in a .flv format that I converted to mpeg. And then That file saved to my pc.

So I try on Nero. Im having problems burning with nero Video Cd, after the burn is complete, I put the cd back into my pc, and just get a list of programs to burn the cd again.  (?)

Is it possible that My dvd/cd drive is not a burner to begin with. *Edit-My Dvd/cd drive is RW, and can Burn, so thats ok...

Can I just put a cd in a dvd/cd Duplicator, and copy that Master CD to Blank DVDs.

Any Advise. Thank you.

View Post

hi there, have you tryed a program called CONVERT X TO DVD as when i have got movies that is what i put mine though give it a try what you got to losse smile.gif

#4 Adamsy

Adamsy

Advanced Member

• Elite Member
  • 63 posts
  • Covers:158

• Rank (last 60 days):
    44th in PC Games
    3rd in Playstation 3
    3rd in Xbox 360

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:02 PM

yup Convert X to DVD would be the safe bet. As it takes your mpg, avi or other format file and creates a properly formatted DVD that plays in your DVD player. You can also add menus etc to make your movie look like the real deal biggrin.gif

#5 thm

thm

Rookie

• 28 posts
  • Covers:8

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:31 PM

I use winavi for converting files to dvd.

easy to use and converts in 20 mins or so.

#6 derek01

derek01

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • Covers:147

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:39 AM

Has anyone noticed how you can’t burn the now albums cd 2 onto a standard cd-r80 700MB 80 min disc because cd 2 is allways just over the 90 min mark but if you want to burn the exact ver that they release keep reading.

this info is only for those of you who have the original & wish to back it up just incase the kids get hold of it but the steps to update the firmware i would say that everyone should at least have an understanding of how to do it

Steps to take
1. buy cd-r90 800MB (90min) discs.

2. using nero in the options enable over burn set it to 90.35.00+

3. update your burning drive ‘s firmware to do this follow these steps as a precaution if you have more than 1 hard disk installed remove the second 1 or you could loose all the data on it, take out the burning drives if you have 2 burning drive’s do this for both of them take them both out note down the make ( ie lite-on) make sure the jumper is set to master & no disc is in the drive note down make & the model no put 1 back in set to master, now go to manufacturer’s web site. Download the latest firmware form the support section no matter if your pc is only 3 months old or not the cd drives could be much older.

4. run the file you download from the website it will detect the drive & tell you the firmware version & what it is being updated to, restart the pc upon restart your pc will detect new hardware install new driver etc then shut down and do the same for the second drive. & restart again let the pc install the new drivers etc then shut down again set 1 drive to master & the other back to slave then put them both back in restart again, the pc should reconfigure drive order etc.

5. now shut down pc again & replace your 2nd hard disk if you have 1.

6. all going well you should have no problems & your drives will allow the 800MB (90 min) disc to over burn by 90 – 99 min with these disks.
even if your not doing an album updating your cd/dvd drives firmware is still a good idea helps keep them running at there best for longer.
i hope this info is of use to someone out there.
Allways buy ur music on a disc or as a download from a authorised retailer & for god sake back it up i never used to till my second hard disk went on me i lost everything on it with no way to get it back always back it up i have two backups now just incase lol

#7 jinnie

jinnie

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Films obviously, my family, music, reading, If there is one thing I could not live without it would be books. Back alot better but I don't want to agravate it so not back into the fitness yet!! Swimming, specially with my kids, its such a giggle, but not done for a while, I'll sit and read and watch them having fun instead. How come your mind goes blank at these things huh?
  • Covers:166

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:12 AM

or........ just take out the 2 second gap between tracks.

Works for me and Have had no complaints smile.gif

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#8 jinnie

jinnie

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Films obviously, my family, music, reading, If there is one thing I could not live without it would be books. Back alot better but I don't want to agravate it so not back into the fitness yet!! Swimming, specially with my kids, its such a giggle, but not done for a while, I'll sit and read and watch them having fun instead. How come your mind goes blank at these things huh?
  • Covers:166

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE(tealmarlin @ Dec 30 2008, 08:34 PM)

So I try on Nero. Im having problems burning with nero Video Cd, after the burn is complete, I put the cd back into my pc, and just get a list of programs to burn the cd again.  (?)

Any Advise. Thank you.

View Post

Convert!!!!

Winavi is fast and does the job for me............. though search for winavi 7 not the 8 or 9 as it always buggers up for me lol

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#9 nighthawk11

nighthawk11

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

i have a problem every time i put a dvd writer in my tower & i come to burn a disk it telling me it
is a image