6 replies to this topic

#1 JohnC

JohnC

Rookie

• 10 posts
  • Interests:Beatles
  • Covers:0

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:45 AM

Although my puter has writing capabilities (HP pavilon cd only) I use Megastor USB 2.0 MAD DOG multimedia burner. It is fantastic! Their website is www.mdmm.com for more info. I bought it on sale at a computer store (Micro-Center) and fell in love!

#2 kevlorimer

kevlorimer

Rookie

• 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:59 PM

biggrin.gif i use 2 dif types of burner

1, lg dvd rw/ram 416b excellent bit of kit
2, liteon

i've had no probs with either

#3 Guest_Jordan_Safc_*

Guest_Jordan_Safc_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:54 PM

kk

#4 saugmon

saugmon

Rookie

• 15 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:09 AM

Here's a summary of my dvd-rw drives-all with the latest fw updates:

2 Benq 1620s-Booktyping the plus format to dvd-rom
1-Benq 1640-Booktyping
1-Benq 1650- Booktyping

Sweet burners,all internal. Over 99.9+% success rate,and 95+% stand alone compatable rate.

Regular fw updates.
The use of qsuite 2.0 to control the burn and booktype.

Over 3000+ burns on my original 1620.

They burn anything you slap in them. They burn MCC-004 16x verbatim plus media better at the 8x and 12x speeds. If you got a benq,don't burn at 2.4x! The errors will add up.

I'll take a benq over anything else.

My other,low performance dvd-rw drives:

HP 640c Lightscribe-Too many errors on backups,stand alone player compatability issues. Don't buy HP dvd drives.This drive is only used for reading and lightscribing.

I/O Magic 16x: Beware of I/O Magic.They outsource their drives.Many different manufacturers for the I/O Magic brand name. I got a benq on my first one,and an EMPA of Middle East FIZO on my second. That Empa drive is a total pc of crap.

Kypermedia +8x.- Single/plus format only,and stand alone player compatability issues. Being used as a reader in a backup pc.

#5 MetalGuitarist

MetalGuitarist

Rookie

• 18 posts
  • Covers:14

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:56 PM

How do you guys know so much about your computer stuff? All I know is mine says "nero"

#6 gazlilley88

gazlilley88

Advanced Member

• 73 posts
  • Covers:210

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE(kevlorimer @ Feb 21 2006, 10:59 PM)
biggrin.gif i use 2 dif types of burner

1, lg dvd rw/ram 416b excellent bit of kit
2, liteon

i've had no probs with either

View Post

i got a ld gsa 4120b, kinda a step down from yours i think, but they are solid dvd-rw's ain't they, i can durn dvd+dl and i've managed to burn 2 so far and both came out perfect, LG highly reccomended i think for dvd+/-rw's. Lg or Sony, depends which you opt for there pretty much the same anyways, pioneer are quite good although i did have one for about 2 weeks before the tray gave way under some immense ripping of my cd collection, ohh well the decisions yours, but i'd reccomend lg any day. afro.gif

#7 oberlisc

oberlisc

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 87 posts
  • Covers:120

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:16 PM

I'm afraid i disagree slightly, i have a Pioneer 108 DVD writer, Lite-on Cd writer and an LG DVD rom in my tower and a 1 to 1 Duplicator with Pioneer DVD rom and a Pioneer 110 DVD writer, the Lite-on CD writer i have never had a single problem with that and it is about 6 years old, sometimes i find if the LG can't read a disc the Pioneer 108 can, so i would recommend the Pioneer writers.

Has anybody who has been using Stomp Record Now Max had a problem were it does not recognise the DVD writer on the main page, it's ok in wizard but takes a little longer to burn.
Would like to know if anybody was using it and managed to work out why, binned the program now anyway just interested.

Regards

oberlisc thumbup1.gif