Too Many Mega Bytes?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mattw

mattw

• 37 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:27 PM

I have got Nero StartSmart on my computer. And when I go to burn most dvds, it will say that there is too many mega bytes to copy onto that disc. Is there way to solve this? Or is there another program I could download to use? Thanks to anyone who can help me.

#2 filebox

filebox

Advanced Member

• 182 posts
  • Interests:football,computers,the net.
  • Covers:27

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(mattw @ Jun 19 2006, 05:27 PM)
I have got Nero StartSmart on my computer. And when I go to burn most dvds, it will say that there is too many mega bytes to copy onto that disc. Is there way to solve this? Or is there another program I could download to use? Thanks to anyone who can help me.

View Post

WHAT YOU TRYING TO COPY MATE. NEED MORE INFO

#3 birchy65

birchy65

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE(mattw @ Jun 19 2006, 05:27 PM)

View Post

if it is dvd movie files then a programme like dvd shrink will get the data down to 4.7gb and uses nero to burn it anyway
doom9.net is a good website for burning dvd movies

#4 mattw

mattw

• 37 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 02:11 PM

I used DVD Shrink. Thanks for the help.

#5 djbezz

djbezz

Rookie

• 21 posts
  • Covers:23

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:03 PM

If you like to use Nero and your talking about burning a DVD rip, then all you have to do is import the film into Nero recode and it will transcode the entire DVD or just the film to fit a 4.7gb disk. The quality is excellent. If you would like to burn the full DVD and would like to remove pointless content such as trailers before shrinking I can recommend DVD remake, it's free to download. Nero recode will remove content but it leaves in blanks and can't remove menu options like DVDremake can. Get it here if you think you may need it http://www.afterdawn...s/dvdremake.cfm

#6 rcav594

rcav594

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Covers:8

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE(mattw @ Jun 20 2006, 10:11 AM)
I used DVD Shrink. Thanks for the help.

View Post

Hello, Shrink is a good program. After 100 uses you will have to clear out the log.
Another useful program out there is DVDFab Decrypter, it is free on their web site.
Go there and look for the free stuff on the bottom of the page.
http://www.dvdidle.com/

#7 davy1shoe

davy1shoe

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:27 PM

Set dvd srink to custom and change the disk size to 4300 you will not get any errors again.