DVD BURNING

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nickisastar

nickisastar

• 48 posts
  • Covers:15

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:05 PM

mad.gif Does anyone have trouble with movies that they've burnt freezing through them.Sometimes it happens quite a few times on the one disc but pressing the 'pause' then 'play' buttons quickly it starts up again.Then other times it just freezes & nothing will get it going again confused.gif I burn a lot disc to disc with Nero but it also happens when I'm copying files I've done with DVD Shrink. mad.gif When burning should I be doing other stuff on the computer at the same time, coz I quite often do. confused.gif

#2 StD

StD

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 317 posts
  • Covers:347

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE(nickisastar @ Jul 10 2009, 08:05 PM)
mad.gif Does anyone have trouble with movies that they've burnt freezing through them.Sometimes it happens quite a few times on the one disc but pressing the 'pause' then 'play' buttons quickly it starts up again.Then other times it just freezes & nothing will get it going again  confused.gif I burn a lot disc to disc with Nero but it also happens when I'm copying files I've done with DVD Shrink.  mad.gif When burning should I be doing other stuff on the computer at the same time, coz I quite often do.  confused.gif

View Post

Try to use quality discs in conjunction with good software "for Adults" - Nero is maybe good enough for kids...

My combination is Sonic Scenarist DVD authoring + GEARpro mastering SW + Pioneer and/or LG writer + Ricoh (Ritek/Arita/Traxdata) DVD media. This is my equation for movies without "freezing of picture". BTW, the source always comes via DVB-S via Canopus ProCoder. thumbup1.gif
IF IT AIN'T BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT

#3 Tiffany

Tiffany

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 590 posts
  • Covers:706

• Rank (last 60 days):
    52nd in TV Series

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE(nickisastar @ Jul 11 2009, 05:05 AM)
mad.gif Does anyone have trouble with movies that they've burnt freezing through them.Sometimes it happens quite a few times on the one disc but pressing the 'pause' then 'play' buttons quickly it starts up again.Then other times it just freezes & nothing will get it going again  confused.gif I burn a lot disc to disc with Nero but it also happens when I'm copying files I've done with DVD Shrink.  mad.gif When burning should I be doing other stuff on the computer at the same time, coz I quite often do.  confused.gif

View Post

Its either the burner or the player. Try playing the DVD on another DVD Player.

#4 StD

StD

Advanced Member

• Gold Member
  • 317 posts
  • Covers:347

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE(Tiffany @ Jul 11 2009, 04:59 AM)
Its either the burner or the player.  Try playing the DVD on another DVD Player.

View Post

Copy that! (in a case the movie plays OK from HDD...) Drives have today a lifecycle of months (because of low price) instead of years as was usual few years ago... thumbdown.gif
IF IT AIN'T BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT

#5 nickisastar

nickisastar

• 48 posts
  • Covers:15

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE(StD @ Jul 11 2009, 07:05 AM)
Copy that! (in a case the movie plays OK from HDD...) Drives have today a lifecycle of months (because of low price) instead of years as was usual few years ago...  thumbdown.gif

View Post

mad.gif You got that right,my last burner shit.gif itself so I brougt a new one & it has been loud from the day I installed it.So it must be the burner coz I never had this happen so much before.I thought about the burner but then they often play in another DVD player & that's why I asked confused.gif So thanx for the help everyone cheers.gif