comment

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Fogdude

Fogdude

Dudeist Priest

• Gold Member
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Mostly, I like anything that goes bang when I pull the trigger.
  • Covers:568

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:11 PM

OK, I'm going to stick my nose out once again...

It would be nice if uploaders, when they upload covers or labels, could add a comment, as well. This comment would be displayed with the cover details when viewed. This way, the uploader could convey more details about the cover, so downloaders would have more information to decide with. A subtitle site I contribute to does this. The comments aren't mandatory, but are often used to give credit to a source, explain what changes were made, or why certain techniques or styles were used.

Many folks have commented that they want RETAIL covers and find it difficult to locate them. Without a required RETAIL tag that means it's an unedited scan or photo of a retail cover, it can be tedious trying to determine where they are. At least with a comment field, the uploader could stipulate all manner of details that the downloader might find helpful. I am sure this would be useful in far more ways than I can express here.

It could even be used as a communication port between the uploader and the moderators, which could be deleted once the upload is approved, if appropriate.

I just look at the pictures.