• Covers:1571

• Rank (last 60 days):
    57th in Blu-Ray Movie
    92nd in DVD Movie
    45th in Music CD
    8th in Music DVD

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:00 AM

Hello To All,

This Comment Is Meant To Be In The Nicest Possible Vain :rolleyes: , Its Not Meant To Be Construed As A Complaint Of Any Description,

I Have Noticed Recently That The Moderators Have Been Renaming My Uploaded Covers. That's Perfectly Fine With Me. Whatever Suits Your Site.

But, & The Is Always A But, If The Moderators Are Going To Rename My Covers, Could They Please Rename Them With Accuracy.

The Lord Of The Rings Custom Blu-ray Covers That I Recently Uploaded Have Been Renamed To R2. This Is Incorrect. Blu-ray Have Only 3 Regions, Being Region A, Region B + Region C.

Region 2 Denotes That The Cover Is A DVD Which It Is Not.

Anyway, Thats All I Wanted To Say,

Cheers To All At The Freecovers.net Site. Please Keep This Great Cover Site Going. :bangin:

!! I Reposted This Comment, Because I Noticed That My Spelling Wasn't Correct On The "Topic Title". Missed That Before I Posted It Originally. I'm A Stickler For Accuracy :thumbsup: .!!.

#2 Covergal

Covergal

Advanced Member

• 365 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

So is my reply sasquatch lol

if a moderator has changed any titles its to reflect the sites guidelines for naming covers.. somewhere there will be a post covering this.. am sure Tweety will repost and it and make a sticky note to help you. Can i bring to your attention the way you are naming them please?! ie: Dungeons & Dragons (2002) - R0 - Custom should be Dungeons & Dragons (2002) R0 CUSTOM

Having to edit covers before approving them has become a right pain, so much so and despite nice polite pm's to members asking them to rename correctly we are getting abusive replies.. so i am now denying most mis titled, crappy or wrong sized and positioned covers.. I give 1 chance by correctly renaming the first cover a member submits - if they don't get the message the next ones are deleted.. i will delete the other posts that are misspelt for you! lol

What goes around comes around

#3 tweetybird

tweetybird

Barbie Girl MOD

• Elite Member
  • 6,292 posts
  • Interests:My Grandchildren
  • Covers:6834

• Rank (last 60 days):
    33rd in Blu-Ray Movie
    10th in DVD Movie
    70th in Music CD
    7th in Playstation 3
    17th in TV Series
    4th in Wii

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:40 AM

We (the Moderating team) had a discussion about the Blu-Ray region codes a long while back - and we thought that by keeping the region codes to the numbers that the majority of the users were familiar with - would in fact help lessen any confusion one may have about a Blu-Rays region. We have had very few complain about this - you are maybe the third or fourth in about 2 years - so for now - unless there is a huge massive rally otherwise - I believe we will probably continue on with the numbers. But in future it may change.
"Ain't I a wittle stinker?"

#4 2getted

2getted

To Each Their Own

• Gold Member
  • 110 posts
  • Covers:508

• Rank (last 60 days):
    25th in DVD Movie

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:10 AM

Further to the above, are you (The Moderators) interested in knowing about naming errors when I come across them? I appreciate that your time is given freely so I don't want to PM any of you with the problems. Would you just prefer a topic under the 'Bug Report' forum each time I come across an error?

Here's two examples of what I'm talking about:
1. Most of the DVD listing for The Grey have the year as 2012 even though IMDB does have it listed as 2011 and even the movie credits state 2011.

2. There are duplicate entries for some titles. For example The Vow submitted by Taskiwi has two identicle submissions:
Posted Image The Vow (2012) R0 CUSTOM
Posted Image cd (2 MB)
Posted Image 1400x1400
Posted Image Taskiwi (23/03/2012) Posted Image 2014x

and

Posted Image The Vow (2012) R0 CUSTOM
Posted Image cd (2 MB)
Posted Image 1400x1400
Posted Image Taskiwi (23/03/2012) Posted Image 1012x

Always my thanks to everyone who contribues to this great site and special thanks to the moderators who give their time to quality control.

Laughing.man.gif

#5 TheOnlyMrVideo

TheOnlyMrVideo

• Gold Member
  • 54 posts
  • Covers:15

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

We (the Moderating team) had a discussion about the Blu-Ray region codes a long while back - and we thought that by keeping the region codes to the numbers that the majority of the users were familiar with - would in fact help lessen any confusion one may have about a Blu-Rays region. We have had very few complain about this - you are maybe the third or fourth in about 2 years - so for now - unless there is a huge massive rally otherwise - I believe we will probably continue on with the numbers. But in future it may change.

tweetybird, as well as all the other admins and moderators, I'm all for using the correct region codes for Blu-ray releases.  The regions are clearly marked on the artwork if it is for a particular region.  If there isn't any indication, there is no region checking and is given a defacto region code of ABC.  The Blu-ray regions and DVD regions do not match and trying to put a DVD region to a Blu-ray release, to me, is even more confusing.

You list the DVD regions on the upload page, so why not list the Blu-ray regions there as well?  Listing the regions, IMHO, really isn't needed as the artwork's region, or regions, are shown on the artwork.  The uploader just needs to list what is printed.  Nothing listed?  Then it is ABC.

I just did a quick check of a Doctor Who DVD that I have that was released by the BBC which is for regions 2 and 4, yet the database only lists it as R2.  Pretty much all of the BBC Doctor Who releases out of the U.K. are for regions 2 and 4.  So that is a confusion issue as well.  Should it be in the database as R24 or R2,4?

In any event, I'm all for using the real region codes for DVDs and Blu-rays.

Thanks for listening.

#6 2getted

2getted

To Each Their Own

• Gold Member
  • 110 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    25th in DVD Movie

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

....  The uploader just needs to list what is printed.  ...

I just did a quick check of a Doctor Who DVD that I have that was released by the BBC which is for regions 2 and 4, yet the database only lists it as R2.  Pretty much all of the BBC Doctor Who releases out of the U.K. are for regions 2 and 4.  So that is a confusion issue as well.  Should it be in the database as R24 or R2,4?

In the case of multiple regions listed, the classification logo will determine the region used to title the upload. In fact I have experienced before that the classification logo will take precedence over the region listed:

http://community.fre...=28940&p=154174

Laughing.man.gif

#7 TheOnlyMrVideo

TheOnlyMrVideo

• Gold Member
  • 54 posts
  • Covers:15

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:30 AM

Sorry, but what is a "classification logo?"  Doing a little more research, most of the Doctor Who releases are R2, with some being released for both R2 and R4.  The example I looked at has "REGION 2 + 4 Colour PAL UK"

#8 2getted

2getted

To Each Their Own

• Gold Member
  • 110 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    25th in DVD Movie

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

The Film Classification rating symbols on the covers & labels. 

ie for R2 on a label:
ratingsymbols.jpg ifco_dvd_vhs_certificate.png

For R4 on the covers:

OFLC_calificaciones.jpg

Laughing.man.gif

#9 eitltd

eitltd

• Gold Member
  • 31 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:18 AM

I don't have a problem with the moderators renaming, however they should be consistent. One moderator renamed one of my uploads, and when I used that format on my next upload, another moderator renamed it the way I used it originally. I assumed you guys talked about naming formats, am I wrong.

It makes it difficult in searches when it is not consistent.