13 replies to this topic

#1 leather522001

leather522001

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • Covers:0

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:23 PM

Hope that I am at the right section.

I have been a member for quite some time and have had no problems downloading covers.

However of late I have been having problems downloading covers namely "cd" covers. The item I select download to my p.c. okay but when trying to display it, it doesn't recognise it. Downloading "front" covers is no problem.

Can anyone throw some light on this

Thanks in advance.

#2 Smee70

Smee70

• Gold Member
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Being "Too Chipper"
  • Covers:1477

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:05 PM

Hi Leather!

Is there any chance you can take a screenshot of what's happening for me?

Karyn

As I've gotten older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible.  Pissing them off, however, is a piece of cake!  :thumbsup:

#3 leather522001

leather522001

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:42 PM

Hi Karyn,

thanks for taking interest. I've been having such a big hassle with this that I've been looking for alternatives.

Basically when I download a cover, going through the normal procedure, it downloads fine and when trying to dispaly it, it comes up with

no problems (using windows 10). however if I download a cd cover, this also downloads okay but when trying to display it, windows has trouble.

It comes up with "We can't open this file". I am assuming that its not my end because if I download from other sites, I do not have this trouble.

If you can shed any light on this, it would be appreciated.

Thank you so much

#4 harleymcfarley

harleymcfarley

Elite Member

• Elite Member
  • 152 posts
  • Covers:60801

• Rank (last 60 days):
    4th in Music CD
    10th in Music DVD
    8th in Other

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:45 PM

If I encounter a cover that won't properly work for me, all I do is run it through "Paint" on my computer.  Once it opens the cover and displays it in "Paint" I click on 'Select", then click on "File", then click on"Save As" and make sure I select .jpg, .jpeg setting and then select "Save".  Even if it displays as a .jpg, it may not be a "True" .jpg.  That usually works for me.  Then my printer recognizes the image and I can print it out.   :thumbup:  Hope this works for you too. 

#5 leather522001

leather522001

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:07 AM

Thanks for the suggestion.

Unfourtunately I tried it before but at your suggestion, I tried paint. It still did not work.

It appears that I'm stuck with this or most likely I have to find an alternative site (which is a pity as I like this site)

all good things come to an end.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

#6 Smee70

Smee70

• Gold Member
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Being "Too Chipper"
  • Covers:1477

Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:08 AM

Leather it actually does sound to me like it may be site-related, only because it's only CD covers it's doing it with.  

I was going to suggest a similar strategy to what Harley did - because I've had similar success opening an unopenable inside a programme and re-saving it.

My biggest rescuer programme ever is Irfanview.  It's a freebie, lightweight, and does loads of stuff.  It might be worth a shot my friend.  Nothing ventured nothing gained eh?

Karyn

As I've gotten older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible.  Pissing them off, however, is a piece of cake!  :thumbsup:

#7 harleymcfarley

harleymcfarley

Elite Member

• Elite Member
  • 152 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    4th in Music CD
    10th in Music DVD
    8th in Other

Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:20 AM

I never had "all" CD covers give me any issue from this site, just certain ones.  Let me know which ones, specifically, you have issues with.  I'll download them and see if they are an issue for me, and I'll let you know.  Do you just have issues viewing them or is it just with your printer recognizing them, or both?

Are you downloading compressed covers or uncompressed covers?  Gold member or not?

#8 909stevep

909stevep

• 30 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 04:02 AM

Install chrome, that might make a difference or after u download and u see the cd cover right click, then click open with and u will see all your options to open the file, photoshop will open alot of different files, good luck

#9 leather522001

leather522001

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:00 PM

To 

harleymcfarley

I am downloading compressed items. I am not as gold member.

If you are interested,   Wonder Wheel (2017) R1 CUSTOM 

Downloading the front cover is not a problem but the cd is. The same problem exist with the others.

Thanks for your help

#10 harleymcfarley

harleymcfarley

Elite Member

• Elite Member
  • 152 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    4th in Music CD
    10th in Music DVD
    8th in Other

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:37 PM

I just downloaded that cover, the CD image, and I had no issues with it.  I downloaded the compressed version and I can open it in Photoshop and Photosuite and I was able to print out a copy of it.  I'm not sure that the problem is on the sites end.  Is it just a problem printing the image that you're having or are you unable to even open the image & view it?  I'd suggest removing & reinstalling your viewer program, but if it works on Front covers, it should also display the CD ones, so that would probably be a waste of time.

Has this been an issue for a while now, or is it something fairly new?  I use Windows photo viewer to open all my images and it works well for me.  Have you tried a different viewer program?

#11 harleymcfarley

harleymcfarley

Elite Member

• Elite Member
  • 152 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    4th in Music CD
    10th in Music DVD
    8th in Other

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:26 AM

:confused:

#12 sa_rydanov1985

sa_rydanov1985

This excellent phrase is necessary just by the way

• 14 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:41 PM

Also that we would do without your magnificent phrase

#13 harleymcfarley

harleymcfarley

Elite Member

• Elite Member
  • 152 posts

• Rank (last 60 days):
    4th in Music CD
    10th in Music DVD
    8th in Other

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:45 PM

:kicking:  :thumbsup:  :clap: 

#14 sigye

sigye

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:50 PM

To  harleymcfarley

I am downloading compressed items. I am not as gold member.
If you are interested,   Wonder Wheel (2017) R1 CUSTOM 
Downloading the front cover is not a problem but the cd is. The same problem exist with the others.

Thanks for your help