• 460 posts
  • Covers:2172

• Rank (last 60 days):
    15th in Anime DVD
    82nd in Blu-Ray Movie
    7th in DVD Movie
    69th in Music DVD

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:30 AM

I cant believe I looked at the main page this morning with my "Bloodsucking Basterds" (front and disc) posted under someone else's name! Granted there were some small feeble attempts at modification, but very poorly done. My work was defaced!. I like to sometimes hide my signature in the credits. this jerk didn't even attempt to cover that. We should not have to tolerate this crap. Some of you who know me know I'm an open book and share any fonts, software, tips and tricks, and whatever else I may have that you can use. Just ask. I don't need to be ripped off! This crap sucks! Oh, by the way, his name is "molliedog"

His cover has been deleted

#2 Hacker Jack

Hacker Jack

Hired Assassin

• 532 posts
  • Location:That little place in my head the Dr. told me to stay away from...
  • Covers:1602

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:42 AM

Whenever a cover is reported we investigate to see if it is indeed nicked work of another member of Freecovers.  If it is decided that it is, the cover or label is removed from the site. Freecovers allows all to participate no matter what your skill level is so there is no reason to steal from your fellow members. I can tell you from experience that you will never get better at this craft without making your own covers and labels.  I learned by trying to duplicate factory copies from scratch by using a few pictures I could find on the net and creating my own typing matching the original fonts.

I know covers are stolen every day and I have become accustom to it and know it is common practice.  But by all means, don't steal some one's creation from this site and then try to pass it off as your own.  It's hard to say you didn't when the persons name who originally created it is right on the upload. It will be found and deleted. Have some respect....

Members who steal others work will be posted here with a link to their uploads.  You may want to check if any of your work has been stolen.  Not similar but stolen.  And there are ways of telling.  Unless  these issues are brought to our attention there is little we can do about it.  Feel free to PM me about any concerns or questions you may have.

molliedog: http://www.freecover...t/user/2512674

craigbird: http://www.freecovers.net/user/2100722

jvergis: http://www.freecovers.net/user/334536

SEDAFIRAT: http://www.freecovers.net/user/1399294

Dr.ritchi: http://www.freecovers.net/user/1686816

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Fogdude

Fogdude

Dudeist Priest

• Gold Member
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Mostly, I like anything that goes bang when I pull the trigger.
  • Covers:568

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:15 PM

Ouch! Way to go, Hacker Jack! This is what I call enforcement! Yes, it's the Internet & whatever we throw out there is vulnerable to being grabbed by anyone, but the least we can expect is that we don't do it among 'family,' I think posting the offender's link is a great idea!

I just look at the pictures.

#4 LOUISE BOLDT

LOUISE BOLDT

Don The Great

• 30 posts
  • Interests:ROCK N' ROLL, THE GIANTS, GREAT MOVIES!
    LOUISE IS MY MAIN SQUEEZE!
  • Covers:1232

• Rank (last 60 days):
    14th in DVD Movie

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:02 PM

I (along with my friends testikle and fogdude) am getting sick of my works being stolen. Just like
testikle I was checking our the main page a couple days ago and their was my front cover for UNFINISHED BUSINESS submitted by SEDAFIAT. I along with testikle and fogdude have no problem sharing tricks of
the trade with anybody that ask but it makes me very angry when after spending several hours creating
that perfect cover someone takes credit for it. If you feel you must steal my work at least take my
name off of it.

DON THE GREAT

#5 Fogdude

Fogdude

Dudeist Priest

• Gold Member
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:23 PM

I (along with my friends testikle and fogdude) am getting sick of my works being stolen. Just like
testikle I was checking our the main page a couple days ago and their was my front cover for UNFINISHED BUSINESS submitted by SEDAFIAT. I along with testikle and fogdude have no problem sharing tricks of
the trade with anybody that ask but it makes me very angry when after spending several hours creating
that perfect cover someone takes credit for it. If you feel you must steal my work at least take my
name off of it.

Apparently jvergis did it to you, too. I really had no idea this was so rampant here. Sure wish that 'report cover' button worked. But then, it looks like the moderators would be busier than one-armed paper hangers if we all started reporting stolen covers.

I guess I'm lucky that my designs are sufficiently unconventional that I'm immune to such skullduggery.

#6 montecarloss

montecarloss

Advanced Member

• 1,068 posts
  • Covers:31830

• Rank (last 60 days):
    1st in Anime DVD
    15th in Blu-Ray Movie
    9th in DVD Movie
    36th in Music CD
    1st in Soundtrack
    3rd in TV Series
    1st in VCD

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:55 PM

Sadly to say once something is put on the Web it is up for grabs.  Doesn't mean it's right but it's what happens.  The funny part of it is the dumb shits re-upload to the site or sites that the members work is on.  Fortunately most sites will remove the work when notified.

#7 montecarloss

montecarloss

Advanced Member

• 1,068 posts
  • Covers:31830

• Rank (last 60 days):
    1st in Anime DVD
    15th in Blu-Ray Movie
    9th in DVD Movie
    36th in Music CD
    1st in Soundtrack
    3rd in TV Series
    1st in VCD

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:23 PM

Lets add  Dr.ritchi to the group who just uploaded "The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (2015) R1"

Which was stolen from bagelis http://www.freecover...fd52/front.html

His first upload and he re-uploads it here. LMFAO

#8 Fogdude

Fogdude

Dudeist Priest

• Gold Member
  • 477 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:33 PM

Ya gotta wonder...

#9 tmscrapbook

tmscrapbook

Advanced Member

• 1,621 posts
  • Interests:Reading, sewing, exercise, designing spacesaver dvd covers, visiting the grandkids, hanging out with my husband, and watching the Seahawks :)
  • Covers:9347

• Rank (last 60 days):
    8th in Blu-Ray Movie
    15th in DVD Movie
    12th in Soundtrack
    4th in TV Series

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:34 PM

Uploaders have never claimed to have "owned" their covers/labels, simply to having designed them. I, along with
other designers, spend a lot of time creating custom covers/labels. I would never take a custom
designed by someone else, alter it, and then upload it to a site. In my mind, this is plagiarism
and is never condoned.

We appreciate all the covers/labels that you have uploaded. They are quality work. I only hope that
the work has been done entirely by you, not simply "altering" the creation of another designer.

A "custom" means that you have created all the contents of the cover/label. What I mean by that, is
that you have found the artwork, images, etc., created the layout, used the font you like, logos, etc.
In other words, the entire cover/label is the result of your efforts and yours alone.
I hope that makes sense.

#10 Chouette

Chouette

• Gold Member
  • 36 posts
  • Covers:384

• Rank (last 60 days):
    90th in TV Series

Posted 05 May 2018 - 07:26 AM

Makes perfect sense :)

#11 Smee70

Smee70

• Gold Member
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Being "Too Chipper"
  • Covers:1477

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:33 PM

Common sense is a rare commodity isn't it? Just like manners and common courtesy.

These aren't things you should be compelled to point out Tmscrapbook, and it's a shame you have to  :rolleyes:

As I've gotten older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible.  Pissing them off, however, is a piece of cake!  :thumbsup: